Home Discussions General Discussions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

Unfun & depressing playing as Killer

2»

Comments

• toxic_clowntoxic_clown Member Posts: 318

youll get better over time. rank means nothing anymore. just focus on improving your game play rather be mad about it.

look at me. im consistently rank 1 so whenever i want to try a new killer or practice a killer im not good with i have a chance to go against really strong survivors who expect me to play well cause im also rank 1. you just gotta do it.

• hammertimehammertime Member Posts: 41

I stopped playing. For a while i was losing rank on purpose as killer, but now i dont care anymore. I moved onto other games.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,966

I agree the basekit was too much that was honestly fine as is. Sad part is the addons that needed to be changed were alongside ones that were useless. Now most of her addons are worse as well with even less being useful.

• rickyray101rickyray101 Member Posts: 102

I played 3 rounds as killer last night and it wasn't fun at all. If I got a survivor they would DC because they were a poor sport. If I was about to exit through the gate they would DC because they got beat. The developers don't care anymore because they got your money. At least that's how I feel anymore.

• xxphoenixxxphoenix Member Posts: 3

I feel you, killer just isn’t as fun anymore

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,122

Play something else

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 694

Her add-ons now I disagree with because some of them are just down right stupid

• TheOptimiserTheOptimiser Member Posts: 81

A bit over 600 hours in this game atm, idk if I have more than 100 hours as a killer...It's frustrating to the point you're getting absolutely sick of it. I play killer only for rituals and rarely to see how bad I am destroyed.

If you want to play this game as a killer, I definitely do not recommend it, play survivor or leave, but don't play killer, you'll get bullied in the worst possible way. And with the Ruin nerf knocking on the door we may see killer playerbase drop hard, which would shake the entire game...

• DepressedClownMainDepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

I just started Sea of Thieves, the ultimate game pass was on sale and the game seemed tempting. I havent opened DBD is 12 days, so you can refresh your mind with other games

• I_Eat_WormsI_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 312

you aren't playing as a society you are playing as a role in a stupid game, if you don't like it quit and stop making a scene

• vikuryuvikuryu Member Posts: 15

Nurse wasn't easy... when u face potato surv ok but against good ones it was pretty hard to catch them. specially for a new nurse.

and yeah her basekit was strong but not too strong.. the problem was the addons.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,091

Find a small game where you can pause at anytime.

Switch to survivor and start searching for a lobby.

Play the other game while you wait for a match.

Easy games from now on.

• Asap12200Asap12200 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 16

I do understand you. I feel the same. When I started this game on PS4 6 months ago, I really wanted to improve myself at being a decent killer over time. Step by step.

I watched a lot of streamers (I still do), tried to understand this game, played quite a lot and so on.

I've seen improvements. I was really enjoying this game. I've always been a fair player and played all killers, I never used a single mori the past 6 months or iridescent add-ons.

I was often frustrated oc but I managed to find fun in all this. I was a purple ranked killer. Now, for the past few weeks, my experience as killer is awful. I feel helpless so many times. I keep facing red ranks players (I'm rank 7-9) and almost every game is a mess. DS, BT, DH, adrenaline, keys, tea-bags.

This afternoon, I played again thinking "okay, matchmaking is broken. You won't be much of a threat to these survivors but at least, you will learn to be better". You know what? I had a dreadful afternoon and I decided to stop this game once and for all. I wasn't mad at the survivors, I was mad at this game. It took me 6 months to realize that this game (and particularly on console) is a complete mess. Things that should have been addressed earlier are here for way too long. I can't learn such a game.

Now they remove ruin. Good. Survivors will get used at escaping more often. More and more survivors will looked down on killers. No need to fear them. Just 360 your way out of here. Gen rush. BT and DS will do the rest. Is that a good point for this game? I don't think so. Ruin needed to be changed. But not now with all the flaws.

• MamaEagleMamaEagle Member Posts: 113

That is if you can change the resolution or your font sizing so that when you play your mouse actually registers attacks. I can't tell you how many times I try to attack a fleeing target, and my character just contemplates life because my mouse is secretly clicking on stuff behind the game. It doesn't even play the game in a legitimate "full screen" yes one can argue that filling the border all the way is "full screen" but it's still a window, not a full screen game. When the game is your primary focus and the developers can't get that right, it's extremely infuriating on PC versus console.

Many of you (mostly PC players) are more than likely already thinking in the back of your mind; "Just go into the files like everyone else who looked this up on the internet and change them to fit your screen completely or whatever it is you have to do. Frankly for you and myself, I can't do that because the version I own is the Microsoft store version, not Steam. So I cannot get into the files because of how Microsoft doesn't want us all modifying our files (Usually I'm not against this kind of ethic, but in a time where developers can't even get the right specs for a full screen... It's kind of a drag that I can't modify the stuff to play better)

In conclusion to my argument... Your answer to his/hers was more so just another struggle they will have to deal with. And believe me I know this... I have been a Nurse main for a good fraction of my time and even though I have been practicing other killers (To my surprise I'm pretty damn good at a majority of them) it's just not enough if your damn mouse buttons don't register because the game's "Fix my fullscreen bulls***" setting isn't there"

As most of us do, I very much enjoy this game... But like a fine red wine, you can't sit back and enjoy it if the damn corkscrew doesn't work. Then your just left thirsty and wishing it was liquor lol, I hope the developers work on the many issues that they have. I'm sure they are and we need only be patient... But patience is a virtue that cannot be bought for too long and when you can't even do the very one thing a game is meant for half the basis (attacking of course) then what is the point of anything? (I would like to say that this is not me attacking anyone or the developers themselves, at least not directly lol. Everything has a flaw and as a community it's our job to voice them)

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294
    edited January 17

Killers are meant to be frustrating, what kind of madman plays video games for fun? /s

• Starr43Starr43 Member Posts: 189

If I ever worked at BHVR I would probably get fired because I wouldn’t be able to resist to temptation to make and gift custom shirts and coffee mugs with Mathieu’s quotes.

• EleaticStrangerEleaticStranger Member Posts: 74

I'm happy to get four stacks on BBQ and one kill. I too have given up Ruin. I play Pig mostly. Even if I play a good match and get some head traps out early, the gens are gonna keep popping.

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 777

Game is, was and always will be unbalanced in favour of survivors. If you don't enjoy it don't play killer. Survivor is fine, just don't be toxic cu nt.

If you want to continue playing killer you need thick skin. Just realize the power role here is not on the killers side. Only one killer can make plays - Nurse and she has been dumpstered, they both added charge time to every blink charge and gave her only 2 blinks (or 3, but can't go through walls). She is harder to get into than ever (even when she was bugged). Everyone else can only punish mistakes survivors do. If they do none, you will always have 0 kills unless you camp as instadown killer. Just don't let it mess with you. Its a game, meant to play for fun. You did good - nice, you did poorly - it happens to everyone, r1-2 killers regurally get 0k. Corrupt Intervention, Bbq and Whispers should be your core build if you get genrushed.

• SylorknagSylorknag Member Posts: 760

"I never camp or tunnel"

You do realize these are made survivors rules right? And you can play any way you want. Heck, camping means you're throwing the game....

Back to your topic, I managed to push to rank 4 on PS4 before the rank reset. Uninstalled and haven't touched the game in the past 2 weeks. Playing as a killer is just rage inducing at this point.

• LegionMain343LegionMain343 Member Posts: 198

I dont play by survivor rules, and goll-y are people angry on ps4 o3o

• Sir_WAFFLZSir_WAFFLZ Member Posts: 31

At this point uninstall and come back to see how the game is doing in 6-8 months. The game is so survivor sided rn and the new changes to Ruin are going to make it worse. I'm in the same boat. Everyone is asking why the game is a dumpster fire but the dev's keep turning a blind eye and say "We will just hide what rank everyone was at the end of the match"