The 3.5.0 Q&A thread is now up! If there's a question you'd like answered, now's your chance to ask: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120618/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Killer is too easy - Ruin change was necessary.

13»

Comments

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 498

This proves as much as someone posting a video of all the gens being done in 3 minutes and leaving. But gg

• korean_zombiekorean_zombie Member Posts: 43

What about green rank killers that face 2 purple and 2 red rank survivors?

The fact that 90% of my killers games have me as the lowest ranked player in the lobby should say enough about how many people are playing killer vs survivor. I struggle to pip because I’m facing infinite abusers and there is no rank weighting system. Double pip against my peers no pip or depip against a red and purple lobby. So I pip 10% of my games. With the Ruin change I expect to be facing 4 red rank survivors even if I’m depip’d to a yellow rank killer. Why don’t they just remove all the hooks while there at it. Survivors might complain...

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 264

PWYF, Nemesis, Infectious Freight.

Knife Scratches imo or The Beast's Marks.

• ElementDoomElementDoom Member Posts: 104

Is this a joke? These survivors were practically running into your saw and it's idiots like these that are responsible for the 75% kill rate. Killers gameplay shouldn't be crossing their fingers on matchmaking roulette and hoping they get boosted survivors instead of an un-killable group.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,358

I’m pretty sure that a lot of us console players are good, we could even beat certain pc killers, not always but we could.

• ImLeslieKetamineImLeslieKetamine Member Posts: 41

I love the mentality of console = bad. It really shows that people have literally no clue how the game works outside of PC. It's practically the same other than Nurse play rates.

Anyways, personally I agree that Ruin isn't needed in it's current state but a gen stopping perk is going to be needed against halfway decent survivors.

My issue with the Ruin change is that the perk is intended to last all game, which anyone who has played the game knows that there is a very small chance of that even happening.

And while this 100% was something I hadn't thought of but I agree with it, quite a lot.

Map sizes will need to be reduced in order to include more killer/survivor interactions, so the killer doesn't lose an entire gen before they get to the other side of the map.

• luka2211luka2211 Member Posts: 573

So if i posted games everyday of myself and my teammates rushing gens i can prove a point? That's how i see it

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 546

One video of you playing against bad survivors totally makes me rethink everything I know to be true about the game!

• OutcastEricOutcastEric Member Posts: 19

Everything about this game is easy. It's such a simple game. Survivors should not tell a killer they're bad when all they literally have to do as their objective is sit there and hold a button next to a generator. Killer is simple too, run around and hit m1 at people. I think the worst you're looking for is stressful and fun. Which killer most certainly is stressful and not fun unless you get potatoes and can toy with them. Yeah it's fun to mind game but survivors are at such a huge advantage of being able to 1v1 killers while their 3 other teammates who can also 1v1 the killer, sit there and garnish like it takes that much skill. This game is a bully simulator at this point

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 264

More like obscuring perks and add-ons being pointless.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,028

Maybe because they do have a point? These survivors weren't optimal, and survivors of many different skill levels are able to reach red ranks. But I guess that doesn't push your narrative.

Not saying killer is underpowered or anything, but arguing that this video isn't a full showcase of the game's balance seems fair to me. I could show you many videos of survivor teams just rushing through all five gens in a few minutes.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 2,133

I am sure they are up to something. Of that, I have no doubt. The Ruin change simply came at a bad time and they need to acknowledge that.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 2,841

Which is the point and problem. A killer has to do almost perfectly and rely on survivor mistakes at red ranks. Lots of survivor mistakes means easy killer games.

• Scgamecock86Scgamecock86 Member Posts: 417

Someone give this individual a gold star.

• Helevetin_nopeeHelevetin_nopee Member Posts: 177

Those survivors were so bad... How about the matches where 3 gens pop in 2 minutes?

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 380

I like how you hide your perks and addons.. why? Lol.

Also seems like some pretty potato survivors, they had one of the strongest maps and derped and grouped up against a leatherface.

Considering I can do nothing and die and still pip as survivor getting a 4k doesn't mean that killer is easy. Just that you had potato survivors. Real good survivors will knock out the gens, ruin or not. They will also loop the crap out of you. Not one of them even ran for the overpowered middle building with 4 good pallets and 2 windows.

• gamerscrybecauseofmegamerscrybecauseofme Member Posts: 190

I do like this video, crying killers like to come here and talk about gen rush yet NEVER want to talk about how quickly a killer can end a game. At best, such killers will blame bad survivors for those games ending quickly, but then without a hint of irony, blame game mechanics for them being done over by survivors in a few minutes lol.

Granted, the video on display was against some [BAD WORD] survivors, without a doubt, too many mistakes and this game is about capitalising on the others mistakes.

I am not quiet sure how this is relevant to ruin. Although I haven't used ruin since I got PGTW out the shrine, I am not convinced the change actually makes it better. It's based on the massive assumption that survivors won't clear it early on, which I know I will do as a survivor. But as a killer, I won't run hex perks, unless I have just prestiged a killer and I don't have many perks to use. Sometimes I will use NOED, for the [BAD WORD] fun of it so I can just chill all game, but I rarely see 5 gens pop.

I completely agree that killer is overpowered, as it should be. In fact, my ranking system of difficulty goes

Easy 4 randoms/casual SWF

Mediocre 4 seasoned randoms/communicating SWF

Hardcore 4 man SWF with a plan and fully compotent players

However, the last one is so [BAD WORD] rare, it's not even a factor. I do enjoy those games best, lots of quick decisions to make and you don't get to chill at all. It usually ends it good amounts of points all round and a whole host of post game GG and some friend requests, which is kinda the point. Of course rarely, I get completely [BAD WORD] over by hardcore 4 man SWF, maybe a few hooks, hut they win, but it's fine, because the majority if games for killer is too easy, so I will take the "loss"

I agree with the point you're making, I think. The game is easy for killer, most of the time, even the stats prove it! End of story.

• Hex_RaiderHex_Raider Member Posts: 20

I don't like cherry-picked videos. It doesn't prove much than anecdotal.

With that said, Killer is far more easier than solo Survivor. 2k is definitely easy with light tunneling. 4k is not the expectation nor is it a requirement.