The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Face camping penalty please

Comments

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 3,031

15k BP does not sound too bad. I got camped by a Basement Bubba lately, because I looted his chest (Spawned near Basement, looted it and got hooked right away and camped with Insidious, while he was shaking his head looking at his open chest the whole time...). And I got not more than a few Chase Points, the Struggle Points and the Points for opening the Chest.

Also, it will not happen every game. I can count the number of Facecampers I got in 2019 on one hand, I guess.

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 427

Weird, even the devs stated that camping is a legit strat. Guess we have baby devs as well?

• PyroDudePyroDude Member Posts: 371

And how does the game detect a "face camp" then?

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 879

To be fair, the game already detects if you are remaining near the hook without a survivor so it would definitivly be possible to just add another area closer to the hook

Not that it's going to happen but still wouldn't be that hard

On topic while facecamping sucks it's not really that big of a deal.it happens like once every 100 games or something

• MakoaKeoMakoaKeo Member Posts: 42

i think he means how do you intend on getting 5 hooks in the basement if you camp/1 hook everyone.

alternatively, just use iron grasp and agitation, makes getting to the basement that much easier.

(on topic) The fact of the matter is there's already a system in place that punishes the killer for camping. If the survivors are stubborn enough to stay within range while he's camping - with no clear intent to chase anyone who comes up for the unhook - then that's on them.

Again, its a sucky part of the game, but its part of the game.

• Psypho_DiazPsypho_Diaz Member Posts: 152
  • Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,471

You can counter face camping by Gen Rushing.

That's why Gen Rushing is a thing in this game. That's why no one should complain about Gen Rushing because it is a direct counter to Face Camping. 😏

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 317

Penalties won't change anything, because those already exist and they don't stop facecamping. I'm not talking about late game, but if they facecamp off the first hook and early game, they do it because they want to ruin your experience. That's their reward, they don't care about bp or pips. So, saying just do gens and their penalty is that they depip and get crappy bp from the match is hardly going to make any difference. Especially for those who solo and get bot teammates.

Incentives/disincentives work only for those who care about those. If you want it to stop, then a mechanic needs to be implemented that counters it. That's why certain perks /builds are meta (and yet not perfect) and swf>>>>solo. Also, if it's a Bubba, you're a goner and must accept your fate.

Honestly, rather than gutting Ruin, and potentially making it op for high-pressure killers who didn't need it in the first place and useless for all the others, I would have preferred they addressed this problem. BHVR cares about fun, but I'm sure they lose many more new players to the various Bubba/Wraith/Pig/GF who camp and tunnel a survivor out of a match in 2 min than they ever had to Hex: Ruin.

• ChmurkazChmurkaz Member Posts: 25

Camping sucks, and I don't understand why Devs approve this. Its like:sit 2 minute and mash this button while everyone are playing, great game. Especially on low ranks (Think players on low ranks have most of the games like this) , also guys don't forget if you genrush camper he propably also use noed, because when you genrush you usually don't destroy totems so easy kills, they don't care if they don't rank up, also camped player are forced to also stay on their ranks.

• ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 520

They approve it because you can not dictate a playstyle. You start dictating playstyles, you have a dead game.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 287

We can call it a "legitimate strategy " but is so unfun for all involved. If your losing that badly as a killer keep trying to catch them and apply pressure so you at least get better.

Face camping because your losing is just to feed your ego. Keep trying and you will get better. Relying on face camping may get you a couple of kills but your own skills won't improve.

• Infinity_BoredInfinity_Bored Member Posts: 271

I agree. If the killer is within 5 meters of the hook, the gen speed should be doubled or even more.

Also kindred should be basekit.

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 427

So is going against SWF.

What is your solution to that?

• namjuunnnamjuunn Member Posts: 20

That happened a couple of times when I was playing with my friend. It was annoying bc the killer didn't really care about others until the one dude he was chasing is dead so he can move on to the next one. I personally dont like it bc it does ruin the fun sometimes when you get killed literally in the first 5 minutes of the game.

• sneakymegheadsneakymeghead Member Posts: 32

Devs should ban killers who camp too much if at least 3 survivors complained about their delinquent behaviour

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 937

Doesn't work. And what about killers, who already have everything?

Even if they would actively lose all BP, they would and could face camp and you would suffer.

That's in no way a solution what so ever.

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 199
    edited January 15

No way, face-camping is legit strategy of killers. If killer camp, just do gens and you have free time with no pressure, killers will have proximity penalty, depip and less kills - its enough. Killers are not here for survivors fun but to get some kills. There are a lot of "penalties" for camping, adding anothers will only disbalance game, killers will have disadvanatage and it will be huge favor for survivors. Killers will camp less after devs reworks maps, delete god loops and rework totems.

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 937

So every salty 3+ SWF group could just outright delete players?

For what? Playing an approved playstyle by the devs?

And how would they help you during a match? There would still be nothing that would prevent killers for camping you.

• DontComeNeaMeDontComeNeaMe Member Posts: 8

Facecamping is either trolling, stupidity or a last resort. It's only effective if people push the save and hook dive.

It can be annoying but it's an easy win in most cases, doesn't really need punishing anymore.

Face camping can't be punished anymore than it already is. It requires no skill and you will only be punishing yourself in the long run because you won't get any better as a killer without challenging yourself.

However it is not breaking the rules of the game. But it is ego driven or done for salt. If you need to resort to this tactic you are probably struggling to find and catch survivors. And perhaps can't accept defeat. But you will only pip so much with this style of play and will never be an optimal killer.

Yeah I can't stand tunneling and camping killers. They always go for the weakest link, like they're already trying to learn the game and your just going tunnel them out of the game in 5 minutes because you can't catch anyone else.

And I have been a killer for seven devotions on PS4 so I understand the challenge. Killer is extremely difficult, especially at high ranks. But playing as fair as possible has yielded most of my survivor friends from mutual respect on post game chats.

• EverflowingRiverEverflowingRiver Member Posts: 336

If you don't want to bring borrowed time that's on you.

And for the record, I am also a very wealthy engineer who codes mind breaking programs everyday for an exuberant rate 🙄

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 483

NOED is half of the problem. Campers always have NOED, so they know that if the other survivors do the gens in that camping time then the killer can still cheese another kill or two at the end game. The remaining survivors won’t have time to do gens and totems.

It’s also ridiculous that survivors lose points for bot unhooking a survivor. This penalty shouldn’t be applied if the killer has circled within 8-16m of the hook for the entire duration.

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 577

There is already a very OP counter to face camping. It is just up to the survivors to use it.

• namjuunnnamjuunn Member Posts: 20

I find it difficult to play as a killer so I dont really bother but sometimes I just cant get it why dudes be camping and tunneling around one survivor :/

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,859

The penalty is genrush.

• iBetClaudetteiBetClaudette Member Posts: 158

That's unfortunate and it's an awful feeling seeing it but that's exactly why I carry Kindred. Too many face camping experiences made me do it

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 184

Should survivors not be able to stand in certain areas too? Perhaps a penalty for camping the exit gate wating for the last gen to be finished? But..this is probably just trolling.

Camping is not even a good strategy for a killer, so survivors should be happy that camping exists and promote it not complain about it.

This discussion has been closed.