We want your opinion! Complete the latest Players Satisfaction Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/psatDbD
The 3.5.1 hotfix is rolling out today. For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125057/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Dying Light to be The New Hex: Ruin?

So, with the hot topic of slowing down generators with Hex: Ruin, I have a question that may not have been on many people's minds:

Will Dying Light now replace Hex: Ruin, to slow the game down? Just a little bit.

Survivors will either kill themselves in order to lessen the amount of stacks, or kill themselves quickly. And this applies more for the Obsession. And with the amount of Decisive Strikes around, Nemesis and Furtive Chase, it'll be easy to swap around the status of Obsession.

So, rather than constantly badgering the Devs, let's look for alternatives. It's called a meta and meta-shift ffs.

Also, before I go too far, quick question then for @Peanits and @Almo would everyone switching from Ruin to Dying Light skew your information about generator speeds?

Comments

• Seltas0208Seltas0208 Member Posts: 774

To be honest. I don't think it will.

You already have to be doing well to get a good benefit out of it.

If you get one token by the time 3 gens are done then you might as well just be running a perk that'd help in the chase to make that 3 gen pop into a potential 2 gen pop. If you get what I mean

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 1,572

You have to hook people first, and each hook will slow downs three survivors by 3% which makes a gen take about 3 seconds longer...

The math is underwhelming

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 564

Did I forget to mention stacking bonuses with Sloppy Butcher and Thanataphobia? Mainly Than, but those two together are brutal.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 447

Like @Seltas0208 said, for dying light to actually be useful, you need to start stacking it quickly and get several very early downs. If you manage to do that, then arguably, you shouldn't even need any stalling, as you've already put enough pressure on survivors to tip the scales in your favour. You're better off equipping a decent tracking or chase perk instead of it.

So, to answer your question, No - I don't think dying light will become meta.

• Seltas0208Seltas0208 Member Posts: 774

Anti heal isn't as strong as people say it is, being Injured can actually benefit a surivor on a generator if they run perks like resilience and dead hard.

And then when all the gens are done that slowdown means nothing because adrenaline insta heals them

I understand that, but with the severe popularity of characters, such as Myers, Ghostface and Hillbilly, then having an instant-down would be super easy and able to apply the pressure quickly THAT way.

And like I also said, you can stack it with other perks.

It's more that Thanataphobia either forces you to heal, or take more of a penalty, when stacked with Dying Light. THAT is why I mentioned it.

• PythonheirPythonheir Member Posts: 455
    edited January 15

Nothing can replace Hex: Ruin.

Dying Light takes too long of a time to get a moderate reduction to gen speed. It's a weaker version of Thanatophobia, while turning one survivor into a super hero.

Thanatophobia, as it is easier to stack then Dying Light. With the buffs to med-kits, and base speed healing others. It get's easily countered by that alone, and then requires you to take Sloppy Butcher just to become balanced, which many Killer's don't have the room for 2 perks just to cover repair speed.

Pop Goes The Weasel is the closest contender, as a whole 25% of the current generator is handful, however the issue with it is that it only effects 1 generator at a time, and only usable when you hook something.

Corrupt Intervention, as it may sound nice on paper - vs good survivors it will just push them to the gen's in the middle of the map, giving them an easier time during the 3 gen later, and at the same time tells them where the Killer spawned, and the direction they are coming from. It's really more of a benefit to the survivors than it is at reducing gen speed.

What will replace Hex: Ruin however is going to be EGC builds with NOED and Bloodwarden, and basement camping builds with Iron Grasp, and Agitation.

Myself am already running Make Your Choice, Surveillance, Pop Goes The Weasel, and Barbecue & Chili , as a 3 gen build, and so far have only gotten 4k's because they literally can't touch the last 3 gens without me getting on top of them.

Funny. My favourite Pig build is Ruin, BBq, Surveillance and Nurse's.

Great for the 3-Gen!

I'm just trying to get people thinking about actually replacing Ruin with a worthy substitute, rather than just crying.

• EZ5kEZ5k Member Posts: 231

Nah, it's gonna sit on the shelf with thana until they adjust how abysmal those rates are

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 4,311

Once you start bringing reliable instadowns, people stop healing and the game goes even faster. For this, just think of anytime perma T3 is used for Myers, iri heads for Huntress or just the Plague in general. Healing becomes a waste of time, and ppl generally WANT to stay injured for the sake of dead hard.

As for what you said earlier with playing with Nemesis and having the obsession bounce around... This would just increase the chance of hooking your obsession EVERY hook and never gaining any stacks.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 5,160

I think the problem is that Dying Light only really does something even a little meaningful with Thana, and Thana is only useful on a small number of Killers.

Thought I might mention it, because first unhook the Survivors are at a 7% penalty because of your perks. You get the person who unhooked. That's now 14%.

They heal the other guy, so they're back to 10%. They're not on generators.

You snowball it out by increasing the overall penalties over time. Making those precious last few seconds tick away while the survivors panic that they're all on the verge of death.

Am I overthinking this too much? Probably. Then again, I also main Pig and my main tactic is to stall out with RBT and snowball kills.

edited January 15

There are A LOT of factors that can really diminish the effectiveness of that, as:

1) You don't get that 7% penalty until you chase,down, and hook someone.

2) 7% might not be terribly impactful if you don't get that first hook in a short amount of time

3) In order to get to 14% from there, you need to get a second person before the first person is unhooked and healed.

4) The Obsession can unhook and heal the first Survivor noticeably faster than normal, and you get no Dying Light benefit from hooking the Obsession. So if you go back and find that the unhooker is the Obsession who has already healed up the Survivor (which is not unlikely, as the healing boost from Dying Light is stronger than the healing nerfs from both Sloppy and Thana when not everyone is injured/dying/hooked), you can't go after the unhooker if you want the full benefit of the combo.

I realise that, but this is still taking away from the initial discussion. This is just some logic that I somehow concocted while at work, then posted after a few drinks.

What can we use to have the slowdown effect of old Hex: Ruin? I thought that Dying Light could have that effect. Maybe not.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 908

Pop Goes The Weasel will be my choice for best slowdown perk

Who cares that the first 3 gens got done in 2 minutes if you can keep the remaining 4 on complete lockdown if you play well

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,026

Dying Light is a support perk and will not equal the current Hex: Ruin, which is a good perk right now.

Thanatophobia, Dying Light and Sloppy Butcher is one of my favorite anti heal combos, they can either stay injured all game or waste years healing, which stalls gens and gives me time to breathe without losing gens.

I've been trying to experiment a bit with different perks on Pig to see if I can find something. I feel like Pop is going to be an absolute yes (I've been preferring Pop to Ruin for a while, even though up until the Ruin change announcement I've been running both) So far, I've been trying Corrupt Intervention, but I'm not terribly satisfied with the results. I've already tried the whole Thana + Sloppy thing on Pig, but I don't think Thana works on Pig very well simply because her stealthing is too slow to be able to sneakily jump from person to person and consistently keep everyone injured. One thing I still want to try once the Ruin change happens is to pair the new Ruin with Thrilling Tremors to both be able to ID which gens are being worked on (which is just a Tremors thing, to be fair) and to be able to effectively guarantee 30ish seconds of regression.

• saminationsamination Member Posts: 229

Pop has worked for me. I dropped all hex perks a long time ago.

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 588

Unless dying light gets a rework to make it slightly above useless, i doubt it.

• GaunterODimmGaunterODimm Member Posts: 70

Honestly I think it just depends on the killer. On my Oni this perk is good so far, helped me in keeping the others in check.

• terumisanterumisan Member Posts: 699
    edited January 15

I'm using it with oni and it works well but it only really works if your snowballing

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 121
    edited January 15

Corrupt and Pop is really the only answer. Thana and Dying light do so little for gens, 3%/hook or 4% an injure that can go away. Even if you injure everyone to get Thana at max, that's not even 13 extra seconds of gen time. How much time do you think it took to find all 4 survivors and injure them? Probably more than 13 seconds. Plus someone probably healed by the time you found the 4th so .. great use of time.

Dying Light is a complete troll perk, to killers. It'd take you 5 hooks to get to just below Thana max.. a whopping 12 extra seconds on the gen, for 5 hooks

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 191

Dying Light is meta on Plague since the obsession doesn’t get to take advantage of the healing buff.