Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Killer isn’t really frustrating imo

Comments

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,863

Glad to see your enjoying yourself Groot. I rarely get onto the PS4 anymore sadly.

We Sir don't share out vodka farming techniques.

Jokes aside. Once you realize how pathetic the people sending the hatemail are and how bad the life these people have just too actually be sending crap like this. You start to find it amusing.

Actually it's too the point I find hatemail stupid whenever I get a new and unique one I actually get some genuine enjoyment out of it.

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,034

I unfortunately have no fun at high ranks.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 1,077

I'm usually pretty chill about it, but when gens go by in literally 4 minutes when I'm trying to get used to no Ruin when playing a killer like Wraith or Myers it just makes me not want to play those killers anymore and to go back to Freddy, Nurse and Billy (I don't have Plague levelled up much at all so I don't have corrupt unlocked, but it's the next perk I'm grinding for). Don't get me wrong I love playing these three killers, but I also just feel like I can't get anything done with the others unless I'm running good add-ons etc (especially on Wraith, he's garbage without a bell add-on or windstorm)

• Polychrome_BakuPolychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

I think that Groot has just now discovered the difference between objectivity and subjectivity. Congratulations Groot, I'll send you a certificate in the mail. BS aside, your experience is not the norm. Most people who find matches "frustrating" are people who are hyper competitive and need to win all the time. People who play purely for fun tend not to have that problem. I'm guessing you're the latter. Because the frustrating state of this game is why I only follow the forums.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,088

I’m very competitive and I know that this is subjective, the title says “Killer Isn’t frustrating imo”, imo=In my opinion.

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 1,298

You aren’t allowed to have an opinion on DBD forums Groot! You know this!

• Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 712

I..................Disagree

• DostiLDostiL Member Posts: 39

Imagine thinking console players have same skill than PC ones. You also believe in console shooters, dont you?

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 2,982
    edited January 16

Imagine thinking a platform means anything.

Mechanically, yes, it does. Console DBD has limitations, mainly the sensitivity and FPS.

Yes, I also happen to believe the new CoD is fairly fun on console.

• Slaughterhouse3Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 357

I just hate when people are toxic...that is about it.

• MarknessMarkness Member Posts: 159

Console players are awful in skill compared to PC players. I have seen how bad they are and they seldomly play nearly as well as PC players. I will list for you some reasons, and we can pretend that it is the same.. but look at this:

1) You always have way more control with a KB+M versus a controller.

2) The PC community is older than the console one for this game, so not only do you have players using better tools, but they also have been playing longer.

3) FPS issues on the console. You can't even play certain killers if there is fog as you get FPS-related issues, so the threat of a huntress or a nurse is nearly non-existent on the console, whereas on the PC they are a major threat.

4) Consoles attract casuals, whereas the PC community takes itself more seriously with their toys, they want the best of the best for performance, console users typically are people that don't care about having the best of the best for their entertainment, they attract casuals.

Feel free to post a rebuttal. But make sure to try and counter the point and not just try to insult yours truly because my points have hit to close to home.

What is the point of this post? To try and allow the devs to understand that the playerbase is diverse and to understand the type of user that they want to cater to. Casuals or people that have been playing forever?

• DeadByMemelightDeadByMemelight Member Posts: 51

Well if you "don't get the fuss" then perhaps go read what the people complaining have to say and respond to them directly instead of making yet another low-quality post/thread to pad your postcount.

• EdysEdys Member Posts: 811

Play only Clown and Legion for a couple of weeks (no Ruin, of course), then read this topic again :P.

1.) Playing as Survivor, the controller and KB+M are functionally the same. Additionally, this entire issue could be solved if BHVR would up the console sensitivity.

2.) Playing longer has nothing to do with skill. I have played TF2 for nearly 2000 hours and I am still pretty mediocre, I just think it is fun.

3.) FPS is a big issue, however, there isn't really a reason why it cannot run at 45 FPS on console, unless it is poorly optimized. Also, that doesn't affect Survivor. Plus, there are some god-tier Nurse's and Huntress' on console.

4.) Your last point is simply your bias and elitism showing. However, console players generally do not want to spend $1000 on a PC, so in that regard, you are right. They also value playing with their friends.

For the record, the Devs tend to go with the majority. I doubt PC has the majority of players.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,503

Only a masochist would play only Clown and Legion. Who wants to be in pain that badly?

Well, apparently playing killer is not frustrating so...!

Depends on what killer you are talking about and how easily you get frustrated.

I personally don’t get frustrated easily as killer because I just don’t care enough about the 4K.

Playing Clown and Legion won’t be as fun as a killer like Spirit or Billy. They’re not as good and their powers are just boring. I find Clown and Legion to be boring as hell to play. The only reason I find Clown even mildly entertaining is his laugh.

It’s a game, it has no effect on me personally. Whether I win or lose is irrelevant. I’ll forget about it the next day. You think I’m gonna care about the Blendette that butt danced at the exit gate a week ago?

• TheCrookedManTheCrookedMan Member Posts: 279

You're in a minority

"You think I’m gonna care about the Blendette that butt danced at the exit gate a week ago?"

Oh, you might not, but I'll remember. ;)

edited January 16

I think that yes, you do care (well, not for a week, duh!), since you just stated that playing Legion and Clown is masochistic, it's just that you play killers that are strong enough for you to not face too much the frustration :).

In fact, you see as an example of fun killer not other than Hillbilly and Spirit, which are arguably two of the strongest killers in the game.

• Spooky13Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,330

I don't know how you do it Groot. Maybe it was just my nerves acting up from having never really played Clown before, but I was going nuts today while trying to get better at Clown for his new elephant costume. I still managed to do consistently well, somehow, but I'm just throwing it up to the matchmaker being a total crapshoot. At red ranks I managed to go against a good amount of red rank survivors and was actually surprised at how well I did, especially on maps like Family Residence and Ormond as Clown, and after getting more used to his bottles and when/where to throw them, I felt a lot better. As for survivor, ezpz, no tension at all. Go in, do some gens, get chased, do some totems, get chased, finish gens, open gates, get out. Quite the destresser.

I just played Clown my last game. Two died and two escaped through the hatch with a key. I’m not gonna moan over the fact that they escaped with a key, it is what it is. I’ll move on and play another game. You win some and you lose some. I hate playing Clown and Legion because they are boring. I play a lot of Pig but she is considered “weak”. She’s just more fun.

I don’t care enough about the 4K to complain about it and whine because I had one bad match.

I don’t play Billy, ever. His power is just more enjoyable. I mainly play Plague and Spirit.

edited January 16

everyone moves on and play another game, this doesn't mean that what you/we faced wasn't a frustrating situation.

It's not a matter of 4k or winning, you can win and 4k and still be frustrated at how the match went. If this doesn't happen to you, well, good for you, but again: play only Legion and Clown for a couple of weeks, then come back :P.

Maybe you are just exceptionally Zen, who knows.

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 848

I consistently loop m1 killers for 5 generators, because generators can be done in 3 min. Then we BT and DS killer. Good games..

Yeah, whats the fuss?

I try not to get angry over small things. If a survivor outplays me and loses me in a chase then nice job on their part.

If something happens like framedrops cucking me over, sounds bugs, and game breaking glitches THEN I’ll get frustrated over the game being fundamentally broken.

I can play Clown and Legion all day long and be bored to death but I already know in the end it really has no effect on my personal life whether I win or lose. It’s only a game. It’s an ego/pride thing that players get upset over when they lose.

The situation I faced might have been hard or frustrating but why get mad over it? The survivors are only doing what they’re meant to do. Survive. It’s like me getting mad at a killer because he killed me first.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 2,265

I’m also enjoying the game without Ruin.

Dedicated Servers frustrates me more than not having Ruin.

Huntress is still really good on console and you do know that Marth88 uses a controller, right?

I don’t care about my post count, I’m just stating my opinion.