Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

If you play both Survivor and Killer, are you happy or upset about the Ruin change overall?

Comments

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 810

I never played Ruin before because it died so fast within a match....and in some cases it didn't even matter that you had it on gens would still go off in record time.

And I'm probably not gonna bother with the perk now either since its worse off. So while I'm not mad (As a pig main mind you, gens popping wasn't exactly a disaster and she has one of the best gen pressure controls built into her kit.) if my main was wraith or Myers, or Bubba, ghostface or legion, I'd uninstall. These basic M1 killers and killers who don't have exensive map pressure or lead off objectives got HELLA boned. It was bad enough that if they ran the perk it was gonna break within 60 seconds anyway. Its even worse now since in those 60 seconds that it was active its not actually doing anything. As soon as you chase someone off a gen their buddies are right there anyway.

Hex perks.....as much as I love some of the effects they provide and the new build styles you can pull off with them, aren't worth running most of the time because of how easy they are to delete, leaving you powerless for the rest of the match. And thats where the real problem is.....like....outside of haunted ground.....these hexes aren't worth running in the big scheme of things, the benefits of having them don't outweight the cost of losing them for the rest of the game. And you're guaranteed to lose. So why take a bet on a loss?

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,262

You're saying ruin is easy to work through but game is too easy now that it's gone? What you smoking? How much will you sell it for man?

Agreed Ruin might see some milage from me now. I couldn't even use it in hex roulette because it makes survivors focus them a bit too much.

• Hex_RaiderHex_Raider Member Posts: 37

Survivor Main

Hag Main

Never used Ruin cuz it was annoying as a Survivor.

VERY HAPPY.

• NobsydeNobsyde Member Posts: 1,091
    edited January 16

As a survivor of course I'm happy Ruin is gone, and the new one can be a little more engaging, even though as a stealthy survivor I'll have to adapt a bit to Ruin + Surveillance builds.

Still, I honestly think I'll be facing even longer queues and lower ranked killers, which basically means game will be a camp/tunnel fest, Blendettes self caring in corners and Neas urban evading in the basement.

As a killer, the last week I played without Ruin since I'm not going to use the new one anyway, and I can say that games will be much more frustrating against competent players, but more dynamic against worse ones. That's also the reason why I will probably bring with me some Green Mori, just in case gens pop too quickly. It sucks, but that's where we stand right now.

Overall, the change to the perk is good, but the lack of simultaneous changes to gen speed or the addition of side objectives make it a very bad change for us high rank players.

I guess we'll see how the game goes in 6 months, when they'll maybe address the issue.

Luckily Tome 2 is coming so I'll have something to do other than be frustrated :)

and you'll learn to read a reply in its fullness, maybe ;).

You said Ruin wasn't required to make the game balanced?

I haven't said neither that Ruin is required nor that it is not required to balance the game, what are you talking about?

ok, you successfully trolled me buddy, good job :)

edited January 16

that's a very good point - which could pass on as a "see? killers are now buffed!", but it's in fact a detriment to the player experience of the solo survivor(s).

It promotes gen rushing (exactly the definition I gave: repairing generators at the expense of the rest)

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 924
    edited January 17

New ruin sounds weak and I think they shouldn't have nerfed it until they reworked the bigger maps. I'm curious to see how it turns out to be, but I don't have good expectations either playing survivor or killer.

• polipoli Member Posts: 29

dont care....ill adapt

• ElegantElegant Member Posts: 443

It's a really great idea and is definitely a good change for ruin. The only issue is the map balance and how pathetically awful the maps are and how little they have done about it. They need to take a chapter off and dedicate it to reworking maps

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,180

This is the main issue I have with the ruin changes. Its actually a good idea... but like most things beHavior... not at the right time.

• amarakay95amarakay95 Member Posts: 24

I play survivor quite a bit more then killer but Ruin kept the game interesting as survivor. Gen rushing can hurt your score as survivor as much as it does with killer so ruin actually helped that some. Have already stopped playing DBD as much as I used to after hearing about the changes coming and I'm sure after the change to ruin my play time will go down even more.

• bburr10085bburr10085 Member Posts: 12

I play both sides a little bit more killer than survivor but I can say that old ruin was fine if I got faced with a smart team they knew how to work through ruin (mostly a swf) then the gens still went by at a decent speed but if they didn't it was a easy 5 gens. When I would play survivor I didn't see it as that bad of a thing as I can hit greats a lot of the time but before that if I would hit the good skill check I would let go of the gen. At rank 1 I would (and still see) to many people stick to the gen after hitting the good then hit 3 more goods in a row without ever letting go so the gen would go backwards. Or the people that would gen tap and make 1 gen take around 160 seconds which is a lot longer then if you would let go after missing a skill check 90% of the time unless your really unlucky. If people could actually learn to counter ruin it wouldn't be as bad but a lot of survivors didn't want to learn and got it nerfed. I had my rank 20 friend in a kyf match to help him hit greats and counter ruin after 5 min he could get a gen with ruin done in about 100 seconds for his first time playing the game if they took 5 min to learn ruin would only add 20 seconds to each gen (roughly). I feel like it was the really old Freddy that got nerfed to the ground because noobs and the boosted complained they it died so maybe ruin will get a buff just like Freddy did.

• T4ank3dT4ank3d Member Posts: 32

As survivor: Years of getting good at great skill checks = A 2% bonus . . "Yay!"

As killer: Years of not using Ruin, but developers screwing up their game = Expect nothing less . . "SMH!"

• kurgan8282kurgan8282 Member Posts: 206

that is the risk, right now.

will ofc keep on playing, unless the game becomes very easy and very predictable.

But this nerf came at the worst moment.

• jinxykinzjinxykinz Member Posts: 48
    edited January 17

I’m pretty indifferent to it, since I haven’t used it in a while. I don’t like the idea of my perk slot being taken away mid-game. But I get that 80% of the killer base was using it because they felt it was necessary since gen times are so short with multiple survivors working on them/toolboxes. That said, I think new ruin should have been a separate perk and not a hex. It would be awesome that way!

• ZombieTCOZombieTCO Member Posts: 4

I'd say the only issue I have, as a free-to-play player, is the fact that it's going to be a helluva lot harder for me to get a good gen slowing perk. New Ruin could've waited a bit, but it's not THAT bad of an idea. Now the release time was ass, but the idea is definitely strong

• DostiLDostiL Member Posts: 39

As surv its w/e, I land most of my great skillschecks.

As killer I'm hurted, I've always traded the ruin for the first down; that's 2 survs busy which means only 1 or 0 doing gens when the downed is hooked.

• TerrorTrooperTerrorTrooper Member Posts: 91

I think they should change the hex part of ruin. They say hits for late game but most hex never last more than 30 seconds of the start of the match. I suggested having the hex teleport to other totems until the survivors cleansed others are cleansed for it to stay in place. Even have hexes that only work after all gens are done to spawn a totem just for it.

• PereliePerelie Member Posts: 433

You've just been completely ignoring every piece of criticism and feedback haven't you?

• illusionillusion Member Posts: 533

Not a fan, especially the way that it was implemented and the attitude that followed.

I don't mind it being changed to something less frustrating, but hate that they kept it a hex. It was not well thought out, and doesn't address the underlying issue that made it so popular.

I'm fairly new to playing killer, so i haven't had ruin long enough to get overly attached to it, but I can clearly see the problem that killers were using it to address. What I don't get is how the devs don't see it. Some people are saying to just wait and the devs will fix the underlying problem, but from what i have seen in their responses, the devs don't see what that is, or simply want to ignore it for some reason. If they did, they would have acknowledged it, at the very least. Instead they have only fanned the flames of toxicity with their poorly worded responses. That's what really frustrates me.

On some larger maps, with gen rushing, one gen can be completed before the killer can even get to that side of the map, let alone the specific gen.

On the survivor side, I will be happy to not see the smoke and hissing (can't hit great skill checks), and i will get more BP for completing more gens. I got used to just powering through the ruin, but I will be glad to not see it. I just wish they could have reworked it in a more balanced way.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,695

Annoyed.

Not so much at the fact that ruin's getting changed, I don't really run it that much.

More that changing it with no accompanying changes shows a blatant disregard for the current state of the game.

The constant responses we've had from them like "new ruin is just so good if you keep 4 survivors off gens at all times" is just frustrating because 99.99% of the playerbase knows only 2-3 killers can reliably do that ever, let alone consistently, AND IT'S STILL A HEX that does basically nothing until lategame when it no longer exists.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 932

Can't wait to use a "late game hex perk" cause those are worth running am i right fellas? Hexs always last more than a minute. No? Oh well.