Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Slugging

2»

Comments

• Apple2oApple2o Member Posts: 624

It's already almost impossible to loop spirit fury without a god window. But Nemesis + PWYF is gonna need you to find someone, eat a stun, and then chase that specific person for like 50 seconds to build up 3 stacks.

That's 50 seconds of 3 people on gens, not including the time to find and get stunned, and then you lose a stack to down the guy you are chasing, so you can be losing ~2 gens worth of time to get 2 stacks and a down.

So you basically need to turn them into a multiple slugs or you can be liable to almost lose the game just building it up twice against a really good team.

Very observant players will also notice you are using nemesis, and thus probably play with your food, and they will avoid pallet stunning you. Spirit fury you can bounce targets and instantly nail someone without warning. You also build it very fast with an insta-saw, especially if you predict the pallet throws correctly.

I would use it on like myers, because he can get benefits from the speed from better stalking as well. But on bubba specifically I think spirit fury is the way to go.

• tylerlogsdon1tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 158

Anyone can play how they want. The end. If everyone could accept that then the game would be alot nicer to play.

• KrispiesChickenKrispiesChicken Member Posts: 171

I slug usually when it's last two so the last can't escape via hatch so I get guaranteed 4k. It's an acceptable strategy. As much as looping a jungle gym or T wall is.

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

If its not, then Knock out, Infectious Fright, Third Seal, Haunted Grounds, NOED, all one-shot powers and bleeding out mechanic shouldnt exist. xD

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

You'll have to slug post-mid chapter, more than you used to. That is, if you want to 'win'.. whatever that means in this game. Also, unbreakable exists, so if survivors AREN'T running it, they're insane. It's one of the best perks in the game against good killers, and when paired with DS (and run on all 4 survivors), you almost can't lose (barring superpower levels of idiocy on the part of your team).

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

You don't have to kill so much time each time artificially building stacks. Like I said, PWYF bubba can't really be looped. When your riding someone's ass at a pallet, they either drop the pallet or get sawed. While you break each pallet... you'll naturally be gaining a stack while also creating giant deadzones very quickly.

You don't need 3 stacks to be dangerous. Even just 1 stack is gonna put someone in that situation of drop the pallet or get sawed. Very few ppl will CHOOSE the saw over the pallet.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

This right here..is why I say it's the future of dbd..hands down..all iridescent except gatekeeper..it means I won every chase..did it with speed, kept constant pressure and killed them all..but..the gens went by so fast I only won by slugging and fighting a war of attrition..

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 1,350

Slugging is the new meta when ruin changes go live. Perfectly fine until survivors stop having fun and the devs see a 80% increase of it being used.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Slugging has a foolproof counter, Unbreakable. Which in turn has no counterplay from the killer, apart from just picking everyone up right away. Survivors have therefor no reasons to complain about it. If you don't like slugging, but then refuse to use a non-DLC teachable perk to counter it, then thats your fault, not the killer's.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,179

Don't forget Tenacity. Makes getting slugged even fun for me at least. Crawling to a strong loop with increased crawling speed WHILE recovering at the same time is pretty good against slugging.

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,291

There's nothing wrong with slugging, you'll generate a ######### ton of pressure since someone isn't doing anything. Your gonna get a lot of salt though because survivors don't like getting forced not to play.

• DonZwiebelDonZwiebel Member Posts: 135

As survivor when being slugged is pretty boring. Good that I can do different things while waiting to die finally. If the killer finds it a good idea doing so, so what? Let hime do it, but wake me up when game is over. 😴

As killer I avoid slugging as far as possible. The only exception is when I down a survivor and a second chase could be started immediatly. But I never felt the urge to slug an entire team.

• ThasardThasard Member Posts: 268

As a Survivor main, if you get slugged too much, equip Unbreakable and get yourself off the ground so your Survivors can stay on gens and punish the killer.

The reasoning behind people saying this is acceptable because it's forcing people to leave their gens to heal you is bogus. If the killer actually hooks you, they still have to get off their gen and save you, so that reasoning does not fly with me.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Lol I could care less about the emblem, it's what it represents

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,704

Slugging isn't new and is just as valid of a tactic as anything else.

Also,

Do you know why slugged survivor's health bar goes down?

The salt. 😉

• DryhighDryhigh Member Posts: 116

I got PWYF and the difference is insane, I’m getting 4ks more now. No stopping the bubba train!

• DryhighDryhigh Member Posts: 116

It won’t happen every time but I just played my first game today and managed to get stunned, build 3 stacks on lvl 1 PWYF then ran to a gen down 2 survivors with one chainsaw loosing 1 stack.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,839

Is escaping acceptable? Unhooking?

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

The difference PWYF makes is insane, lol. When I started using it, I was plowing through team after team while barely using add-ons.