The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Adding Oblivious to The Legions Deep Wounds effect and/or adding Undetectable to Feral Frenzy.

I feel like adding more stealth elements to the Legions base kit would not only strengthen them, but really emphasise the idea of them supposedly blending in with survivors more. You’d have to pay attention to when your teammates are being Frenzied and when Legion might be coming for you. You’d have to watch out when you’re trying to mend. You could utilise the undetectable effect to sneak up to generators and get hits going. 

Would this be too much or just enough? 

Comments

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 3,045

An oblivious add on would be nice. I think Legion should have special TR while in FF that isn't directional for his basekit. He should keep his TR though because that's what his power is based on.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 66

It's definitely an interesting idea, although Killer Instinct may need to receive some changes for it to work properly.

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 335

Cool idea, but mending is reduced to minimum for a reason. It annoy survivors.. mending all game is boring for survivors.

• Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 43

Making the terror radius like 16m in frenzy or even out of and in frenzy for that matter would help him significantly while keeping his killer instinct range of 32m. However i think the problem of consistency would pop up. I kinda understand why the devs want consistency, but when a buff like this comes along that has literally no downsides to it you may as well do it.

It would also reduce the need to drastically increase his frenzy speed, which currently (if the speed was increased) would make him almost viable. Along with reverting the mend nerfs which were very drastic for Legion and in my opinion, made him a worse killer.

Mend nerfs hardly affect legion. The main change was on hit for FF which made Legion much worse.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,823

Undetectable in FF would kinda be useless when you can hear Legion coming a mile away.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 869

Would love the oblivious effect on fatal frenzy. Would make mending less boring too

Not holding m1 for 12 seconds in all safety but 12 seconds of franticly looking around if Legion isn't coming

It actually wasn't that, sloppy butcher and STBFL weren't even that good - in fact they were horribly overrated. Thanatophobia has always been better then both of these 2 perks and i have been testing and playing Legion since release.

The 3 second nerf effected his pressure greatly, as if i got 15 stabs in a game, that would be 45 seconds of pressure lost across individual survivors. Most of the time i get more stabs then that anyway, that could've been even more pressure.

And for the other nerf where DW doesn't go down while running was actually pretty big. It made people want to run to the other side of the map to mend, making them split up. Old DW made people mend a bit far away but still relatively close by in order for them to not bleed out. And as we know we want people to group up against Legion.

I know they had to change DW so nemesis didn't break the game but they could've made it so DW doesn't go down in a 24m radius or something like that.

• Apple2oApple2o Member Posts: 624

Why do people think legion is weak? You literally just need to M1 people to down them. He is super powerful if you know how to mindgame loops.

STBFL was god tier on the old legion. You could build up to 8 stacks in like 2-3 chases, and from then on it was faster to just M1 people down than ever use the power.

I agree the 3 second nerf hurts a lot but the change to when DW ticks down would be quite appropriate if it wasn't so big to start out with.

• JacksonWiseJacksonWise Member Posts: 101

I like adding oblivious to mending a lot. It would make it more nerve-wracking for survivors and it means they can't just mend out in the open as soon as you leave them because you could mind game it and just come right back.

Adding undetectable to frenzy would be great too! With Monitor and Discordance, you would have a much easier time getting multiple hits on people.

The problem is STBFL isn't even that good and i know lots of people will disagree with me. The main reason you use it is to reduce the distance the survivor gains after you hit them normally. With Legion, you're only going to be hitting them once with an M1 to down them.

Also i don't know why you said its faster just to M1 them with it. The first hit on Legion is uncounterable, its about how easy it is to get the first hit which then saves time because you don't get looped. If your M1ing a healthy survivor as Legion when your power is off cooldown your likely playing him wrong.

• Prex91Prex91 Member Posts: 152

Like it!

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 2,511

My main build for Legion (which is my main killer) involves Dark Devotion. It's insanely useful. The ability to hide your TR makes it very in sync with Legion's ability to get the first hit. I think that should be a part of his kit, to be honest...

The only issue with it at the moment is the KI readings are tied to TR, as far as I can tell. Until they disconnect KI from TR and make it a flat distance from the Legion, this change won't happen.

Legion is weak because their power doesn't down people. It's the only nonlethal power in the game (as in, it's the only power that can't down people inherently). The ability to jump pallets is great, but without the ability to down in frenzy, they'll still remain weaker than most.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,105

Survivors being oblivious while they have the deep wound status effect applied to them sounds like a fantastic idea to me. Would give Legion the small boost they really need, and would definitely make for some interesting gameplay. I also like that idea a lot more than giving Legion the undetectable status effect while they use Feral Frenzy.

Legion's actually pretty quiet as killers go. They're no Ghostface or Wraith, but they can be very sneaky. Half the time when using Dark Devotion, People didn't realize that I was coming right toward them until I was right there swinging at them.

• Apple2oApple2o Member Posts: 624

Really? Doctor, wraith, and pig in many cases would like to have a word with you.

If you see someone as legion, they are injured. That's a pretty damn strong power.

Their powers can directly cause a survivor's death. Pig's dash can cut off a survivor at a loop (her traps can cause exhaustion as well with the right addon), Doc can stop a pallet drop or window vault (or confuse survivors with fake pallets and other effects, and Wraith can cut off survivors in a similar way to both Doc and Pig with proper positioning.

Legion, however, can never down with frenzy. That's why they're weaker than most. Sure, they can technically down people with Frank's mixtape/Stab Wounds Study... but that is a waste of time in matches where every second counts.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,823

I mean, like when they activate Feral Frenzy, I can hear their intense grunting and breathing from a good distance. I can tell whether or not to drop a pallet behind me simply based on hearing the "HUH HEH HUH HEH" they do.