Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

I’m a much happier Killer main ever since I changed the way I play matches.

Comments

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 759

A 3k with a hatch escape if they rushed you and were trolling you with tb's and flashlights feels more like a loss than a 1k. Most of the time they definitely don't deserve it and send hatemail, that's why it registers as a loss despite being technically a win.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511
    edited January 17

It doesnt register as a loss. It registers as a hit to a fragile ego.

Getting 3k and having ONE person get out on a RNG chance, means you won. Especially when the devs say 2k/2e is balanced.

Letting someone send you salty mail and make you think you lost, is on you. You won. Sad that people cant see that.

• snowflake102snowflake102 Member Posts: 1,916

I agree:D

• hinoutoumeihinoutoumei Member Posts: 267

i'm not sure if htis was meant to be a troll post..but as someone who struggles with stress and depression it wouldn't be bad to think along these lines.

That was my point 😕 and what's this fragile ego business

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511

I was saying it doesnt count as a loss except to people who cant take criticism without it being a personal attack. Not you specifically, which is why I re worded the colloquial "you" to people.

Getting 3/4 to a hatch isnt a loss, it just hurts people who have this "I have to win every game all the time" mindset.

I think I misunderstood your last point. I took it as a loss for the killer. Did you mean the one escape gets salty because they know they lost?

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

A 3k at high ranks in most cases is not a pip. The pip is the system's rating whether you played well or not.

We don't have to like it, that is just how it is atm.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 1,038
    edited January 17

I think some people are not getting the main point of the thread. When OP says "I no longer play to win", it means that it's not going sweaty or tryharder, getting angry if a survivor is toxic. Even if you scroll down OP says "I still try my best and aim to get kills ", wich OP is trying to say is... the game is enjoyable when you play the game and not with the game controlling you. OP is not saying that he/she gave up on trying to win, he/she says that is not going to be angry if a survivor tea-bags, wich is a good point of view and, psychologically talking it is healthier.

Of course, no one should be toxic about winning (survivors t-bagging as an example) but since there is not really a way to say stop this, you should at least take care of your own health first.

Post edited by Saitamfed on
  • A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 781

It’s not a troll post, the fact that some people can’t believe someone is having fun with the game is hilarious to me.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,486

Many do. Particularly solo survivors. I know you intended for this to be a GOTCHA! moment, but yes.. both sides would be better served by not being obsessed with winning

• Creepingcam1070Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 318

Im trying too.

I've been trying to be a good sport about losing, even when I get really mad in the end game I send messages saying gg and move on to the next game.

• ppo8820ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Ugh I can’t do this. I get so riled up with toxic survivors. I love the satisfaction of killing them, but I have a very competitive nature.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Me too, sometimed the map and RNG for pallets makes chases hard, sometimes I bring my B game for the day, sometimes you just run into people better than you it happens and I’m ok with it

• DeadByMemelightDeadByMemelight Member Posts: 51

Totally the same for me, OP, but with survivor. Once I realized you can't win them all, and sometimes you just get outplayed because your teammates DC, you get bad map RNG or you get farmed, the game became much funner. JK, I just play less and shitpost more.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,499

How can you have fun when the odds are heavily stacked against you?

If I'm playing Wraith on a garbage map against good survivors, how is that supposed to be any fun?

They'll loop me all game and I'll have to watch them escape through the exit gates.

Point is you can't have fun when the balance is poor. That is something the devs need to learn asap.

• StrickxNyneStrickxNyne Member Posts: 207

You're absolutely the killer I love to play against. Nothing is more fun than everyone having fun. Folks quickly forgot this was a fun game and started demanding wins. The real win is players like you ♥

"Losing all the time is fun, I love it!!"

Ohhhh I wish I could use all the terminology this deserves.

Have you heard of the term "Pyrrhic Victory"? You put a ton of work into a match and it just suddenly ends. You won but it feels bad anyway, it can sour your mood real fast, especially if the one who least deserved it got the hatch. It's better if there's at least one more chase instead of just over the second the 3rd one dies

First, don’t loop with wraith. Sneak and hit them if they make it to a pallet break and and move on to someone else or fake moving on and come back.

Second, trying to win can be just as fun as actually winning. I’ve played pickup basketball games against people that went to D1 schools on scholarship, I knew I wouldn’t win but giving my best jn a loss is called building character

• VLightVLight Member Posts: 70

I feel like this is a very healthy way to play Killer. I still, to this day, take this game way too seriously sometimes, and I need to learn that it's a game, and I should stop caring about getting the 4k, getting a teabagger, or just not winning. We can't win at everything, and we definitely shouldn't take this game too seriously.

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,329

Wow, so you tossed away the normal competition of a pvp game just so you continue dumping hours into this game as killer? Just shows how bad dbd is actually. Can't have any fun when you are a competitive player (with competitive I mean simply someone who tries to win and doesn't agree with loosing if he generally played much better than his opponents).

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,499

It's not just Wraith lol. That was one example.

This game in general favors survivors.

And no, I don't agree with your premise at all. This is a video game not sports.

Game balance matters.

I can't believe we're even having this conversation.

I would agree with you if this game had a separate casual and competitive mode but it’s best not to start telling people that this is and is only a competitive game. Can’t a guy just chill and try and have fun with it in his own way?

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,329

So a casual mode would justify dbd being unbalanced, is it that what you try to say?

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,147

It's kinda embarrassing amd makes me vulnerable, but my struggle isn't about winning or getting mad at stuff (outside of being face vamped and a waste of a match when playing Survivor) when it comes to playing Killer. My struggle is this weird stage-fright/embarassed type of feeling I occasionally get...where I don't want to perform poorly and feel made fun of.

This wholly stems from growing up bullied for all my childhood...and it transferred into a weird emotion/physical feeling I get when playing versus/competitive games. For DBD if I don't get any kills, or few and Im teabagged or super looped (partly on me for not anti-looping or midngaming well, can't always win em) and if it happens in multiple matches, I get this horrid sensation in the pit of my stomach.

I've been able to override it a lil bit better but sometimes I end up not playing Killer or playong as much as I want because of it, or if I want to maintain the good feeling of really fun and/or successful matches.

I wish I could eliminate it entirely....but I have no [BAD WORD] clue on how to even do so....

I’m trying to say that people are allowed to have fun if they find a way to do so and not get worked up over everything.

People keep misunderstanding the OP, he plays to win... but if he doesn’t he doesn’t fret over it. There’s a difference.