The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Game Freezing When Playing Either Freddy or Legion

lewistylewisty Member Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

This is becoming a major source of frustration and DBD is the only game I'm having issues with.

The issues arent really random as it will happen 90% of games played as either Freddy or as Legion, guaranteed.

The game will appear to slow down, effectively going into single digit fps and freezing. Sounds appear to be ongoing but visually it appears to have frozen.

I have tried the and verified the following :

Game ran in both admin and non-admin modes

Graphics & all system drivers up to date

Repaired EasyAntiCheat

Verified integrity of game files

Tried power settings in both performance and balanced modes

Ran the game in compatibility mode

Reinstalled steam

All to no avail.

I find it odd that it's with these 2 specific killers only and that games that are faaaaar more of a system hog run with no issues.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

I would love to hear of any assistance anyone could offer.

I can definitely see this being more than a pain particularly if they do tomes which say "use the killer you can't do squat with"

Thanks in advance

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

Haven't heard of issues with Legion, but I have seen players report issues with Freddy which we THINK is due to his fog effect.

What's your system specs like?

• lewistylewisty Member Posts: 2

Thanks KhaineGB,

Apologies about the delay.

Specs as follows :

Machine ASUS - All Series

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 

Memory 16 GB

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50GHz

Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - SABERTOOTH Z87

Video Cards NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

Hard Disk SanDisk SDSSDHP128G (128.0 GB)

Network Card Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

Yeah, you should be fine. All of that is above minimum requirements and just above recommended.

Okay, dumb idea time. Open up GeForce Experience and let it optimize Dead by Daylight.

Why? It seems to help on my laptop, so I'm just taking a guess based off experience. ;)