We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

What is with this "nerf Hillbilly" trend?

TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 239

It just started a day ago. I've rarely heard anyone complain about him, what's going on and why do so many people think adding a cooldown on his ability is a good thing? If you want a cooldown, play Oni, or Nurse-wait. maybe not her, she feels terrible to play because of the cooldown. Oni will most likely be fun after they bring his flick back with this next patch, but really? Nerf Hillbilly?

The only thing wrong with Hillbilly are a limited selection of his addons, that and the fact he has way too many uncommon ones. BHVR, when you do indeed adjust Hillbilly, it would be best to simply rework his addons.

Comments

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,273

Didn’t you hear? He’s getting a power bar (that red square around the killers power box) that will give his chainsaw a cooldown.

Basically, You will rev your chainsaw, go into cooldown, recharge, then it will power up over ~15 seconds. But can be “accommodated by add-ons”

:)

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 1,454

Its been around for a while. The community should have been attacking Billy rather than Spirit. He's 2016 design, things have changed dramatically since then.

• Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 86

I know this is a bit mean but...

#LearnHowToLoopHimBeforeWantingToNerfHim

I don't want to backseat moderate but I'm pretty sure the rules say to be respectful to other members. All you have done all day is call anyone you disagree with a bad player.

• DeathBeamDeathBeam Member Posts: 160

They got Nurse, then Freddy, then Spirit, of course Billy was next. Honestly, just use moris and slug.

• Maníaco_da_garrafaManíaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 75

After the ruin nerf announcement, you can basically push your luck and try to see what you can get nerfed.

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,273

Hey that’s what I’ve been doing, I call it, “cleansing the red ranks”

• Colton147Colton147 Member Posts: 525
    edited January 20

Decisive Strike, Balanced Landing, Mettle of Man, Self-Care nerfs.

No more permanent broken hooks, infinities, less pallets...

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 239

I don't understand what that has to do with the discussion, but thanks for sharing?

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,231

I really hope they don't nerf Billy. Not before they buff a bunch of weaker killers and rework some more maps. Otherwise survivor queue times will keep increasing.

• ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764
    edited January 20

I'm pretty sure saying you're not very good at survivor isn't being rude. It's just my opinion. If I think someone isn't good, I'm not going to lie to them. It would be far more rude to lie. Criticizing your ability is just that, criticism. This is a discussion forum, after all. Disagreeing with you is also not disrespectful. If you can't handle opposing opinions backed by reason and logic, online forums aren't a good place for you to be until you can overcome that.

Billy isn't even close to OP, and is every bit as loopable as any killer. The only possible reason a decent survivor would want him nerfed would be because he applies a lot of gen pressure, in which case, they just want an easy game.

Post edited by MandyTalk on
  • ChainsawCharlieChainsawCharlie Member Posts: 229

He's the most balanced killer in the game, so of course he's going to be nerfed next.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 2,035

Almost everyone agreed Nurse needed a change. BHVR just went too far. Forever Freddy was kind of obnoxious. The small nerf they gave him didn't hurt him. This was an example of them getting it right. Spirit they missed the point completely. The thing that made Spirit annoying is still there. As for Billy, he's fine. I'll argue with anyone who says otherwise. Because in my opinion they're flat wrong.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 260

They’re just making room for the new killers haha.

Billy is classic but I really enjoy playing Oni and Ghostface anyways.

• RipleHHH89RipleHHH89 Member Posts: 86

He also doesn't need a chainsaw please remove this ability please BHVR.

edited January 20

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

People should know what harassing people can lead too. There are consequences towards those who think harassing people is okay. - one of the consequences being death. The bully does not know what the person may be going through and end up making things worse.

• Calisto_667Calisto_667 Member Posts: 10

Funny how you guys say that only bad survivors complain about killers and want them nerfed but you as killers want so many nerfs for us survivors like DS and dead hard lol. double standards

It is fine to disagree with people who have a different opinion, but you do not have the right to harass them.

edited January 20

I mean DS is a bit of a different situation. It's 60 seconds of invincibility, whether you are being tunneled or not. Nobody i think wants to nerf it i think they just want it to be balanced. Like maybe it should only work if you're being tunneled, and not if you are just running into the killer on purpose. Nerfing dead hard is silly, though...

Theres nothing wrong with encouraging people to improve, just be mindful of how you put that across.

I personally find with Billy he steamrolls a lot of teams. They can’t ALL be bad survivors and when getting into a chase I notice that the billy players aren’t all that cracking either. It happens so frequently that it leads me to believe that perhaps Billy is just a little bit too much for the average survivor.

It used to be awful after rank reset because he would crush teams. Granted most killers dominate at low ranks, but most killers need to hit a survivor twice and most killers can’t cross the map in seconds. Whereas Billy can and will literally be downing and hooking survivors faster than you can rescue them.

This matters because 1) Although I may not be low rank the game often pairs me with low rank players because thats DBD matchmaking. 2) Low rank players clearly struggle hard with Billy. They can’t loop and they get slaughtered twice as fast as they do with other killers.

I know theres a thing about not balancing for low ranks, but I find at high ranks all it takes is one or two little mistakes for Billy to shift the game in an instant. I just believe his momentum shift is too much, its like hitting a brick wall for survivor. Its a little too easy for Billy to snowball.

I dont think he needs a massive nerf. Perhaps should nerfing the charge time/cooldown add ons, and doing something so that he cant run across the map endlessly which isnt unfair to ask for since every other killer has some kind of cooldown or limit on their ability to cross the map. Poor Freddy even starts with his teleport on cooldown.

I say this as someone who never has an issue with Spirit pre-nerf. I’ve played thousands of games and it seems to be pretty consistent. Spirit, Freddy can be strong and win games, its just that Hillbilly snowball/momentum that I feel is a little unfair. He has this pressure and constant danger of turning the game heavily to his advantage in an instant that other killers don’t have. Not without perks at least.

edited January 20

My issue with all of that is, Billy can steam roll teams, yes. So can Wraith, or Huntress. Not clown, though. Clown belongs in the landfill in his current state.

Billy can only be more than an M1 killer if the survivor puts themselves out of position. In which, it's your own fault that you exposed yourself to that danger. A good survivor knows how to loop Billy, and it's more than a possibility. Low rank players struggle against high rank Billys...and that would be a matchmaking issue if they are facing them. A low rank Billy is struggling to learn the chainsaw and missing a lot of hits.

As for mistakes - the same applies to both killers and survivors. Except that survivor can make much more mistake plays than killer and recover from it. Almost to an infinite number. Killers may not be able to recover from a single mistake. Even more, if mistakes get made...that's on you, not on the killer. You making a mistake and the game momentum shifting is a you issue, not an issue with the killer being discussed.

Every killer doesn't need a cool down. They need a downside. Billy has one. He's terrible in loops, and his power only works well in the open (unless the survivors are potatoes). His other major downside is his lack of control. Even with his best steering addons, drift king billy is a meme because he's still terrible for control. Billy coming? Run to the right or left, or behind something. Awesome, you've nullified his power. If you make it to a loop, even an unsafe one, you can literally force him to have to be an M1 killer.

I'm not trying to be rude when I say this, but literally all of your complaints could be remedied if you took the time to become a better survivor. You have all the tools you need to do it, and it's not that hard. Survivor is the easy mode of DBD. Back when tinkerer was in it's old state, I would absolutely agree that he was overpowered in that sense, when you combined that with charge time addons. As it stands now, though? Even with his charge time addons, he's just a good killer; and there's no logical reason to nerf him.

edited January 20

I’ve looped Billys before. Especially the ones that are wrecking these teams. The problem is most players I get put with can’t.

Sometimes I do get hit by chainsaw due to the 50ft hitbox it appears to have which i think a lot of people have mentioned.

I get that Billy is theoretically loopable until eternity...but so are most of the killers in the game. All killers get hooks practically every game though. The idea that survivors are expected to never make mistakes, never be mindgamed etc feels like an unrealistic requirement. Also there are good Billys out there, they know how to get chainsaw hits on good survivors and thats with default chainsaw speed. With his current add ons its really not that hard to get a chainsaw hit at all.

His add ons are getting looked at anyway and I think its highly likely there will be a nerf to what is currently described as “instasaw”. In addition Ruin is gone so he wont be able to have 5 hooks before the totem is taken out anyway so who knows maybe once all this is updated he will be fine without needing more nerfs. Still feels a litte bs how he can block both exit gates though with NOED and chainsaw sprint.