Home Discussions General Discussions

Adress 99%ing the exit gates.

ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Its one of those "super easy idk how you missed it" loopholes to the endgame collapse.

Why does it not atleast regress when not touching it?

Sure, the killer can go open the gate on their own, which will just lead to an ez unhook and running out the now opened door for survivors.

I mean, im not even talking about the timer and the lack of pressure the endgame collapse gives in a LOT of situations, but that lacking scenario is something we rarely even get to.

Killer hooks someone, survivors just 99% the gates knowing that in 99% of the cases/chases they will be able to open the gates and run out, then take their time to heal and go for a rescue, all the while not being pressured at all.

Comments

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,704

The match does not end because neither side used their option to start the timer to a guaranteed end. You're using the hostage terms incorrectly. It's an option, which means you can choose to do it or not and, the fact that everyone in the trial can do it, by definition means that neither is hostage of the other side's stalling.

You may not like the "you already (likely) lost" argument. But just as many things in life, even if we don't like'em, it doesn't mean they aren't true.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited January 20

Well lets just say I dont agree with the claim that the endgame collapse exists soley as a means to combat holding a game hostage.

If that were the case it would just be a fixed timer then the doors are opened and non of this lasting longer when a survivor is downed or on the hook nonsense.

Its meant for some high stakes gameplay at the end, 99 doors just completely removes that and gives just about all the power to survivors, combine it with body blocking, BT and DS and yeah, you indeed already lost as killer at this point but stll have to bask in the glory of survivors going for some low risk saves.

Again, if there was regression of some kind, it would be a lot more balanced, it would ask for survivors to maybe leave 1 behind at the door so it can be opened making it a lot more high stakes to get the person on the hook, as it should be.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

It's more than just postponing the timer. A lot of the time, survivors do think that there is a possibility that the killer is camping a hooked survivor, and they need time to get them. Or perhaps they (and I am being serious here....) for some reason are running Blood Warden.

If you played Survivor for any amount of time, then maybe you'd actually understand their mentality. I did it, and I became a much better killer because of it.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I agree, because they do not test for higher ranks where this would matter most.

• Brucecastro81Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Just open the gate by yourself, boomer

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 3,310

You can disagree, but that was the entire point of EGC. Preventing hostage situations.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 2,680

Add skill checks to the gates. 😂😂😂

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,109

Opening the door as killer is a surrender mechanic.

"Gtfo, heres the open door with red carpet"

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

It does take the sting out of Bloodwarden. It also makes the EGC feel a little less intense if survivors wait until all are safe before opening the gates.

I play both sides and I understand why they do it.... like thats like saying "I understand why killers use ruin, or why survivors take DS".

The point is they should not be able to just avoid the endgame collapse and give themselves all the time in the world from a point ot supreme safety by 99ing the doors, that is the issue.

got something to back that up with?

and again, if it was then it would be a set timer, the devs made this entire mechanic of slowing down the timer when a survivor is downed or on a hook, why?

because its more then just preventing a hostage situation...

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 3,310

The devs said that was the point when they introduced it. The timer is there to get people out once the gate is open. That's it. It slows when someone is down to give the others time to save. If it bugs you as killer just open the damn door and force the issue. Just because you don't like people 99ing the doors doesn't mean it needs changed.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I mean, I'm all for killer buffs and I think this game is heavily favouring survivors, but imho 99%ing exit gates is fine.

• LustForBPLustForBP Member Posts: 611

You’re opening the wrong book. Survivors and dickriders will come into this and say you’re wrong. This game is pathetic that it’s so heavily favored towards Survivors.

EGC is meant to put pressure on Survivors, but... hooking or putting a survivor into the dying state slows the timer. So this is yet again, another second chance for survivors.

I mean, cmon BHVR. You have insanely large maps, nerf every viable killer, arm survivors with X amount of second chance and speed perks, and then to add fuel to the fire, during EGC the timer is 2 minutes standard with a slowdown per hooked or dying survivor. 🤦🏽‍♂️ This game. I used to play a lot now I can tolerate maybe 1-2 matches of killer before getting off. And all my friends quit.

• honestlybaffledhonestlybaffled Member Posts: 175

99% the gate is fine, the killer can open it and use bloodwarden too, so.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,306

"hEavIly FAvOrIng"

People still don't get it?

Over 50% kill rate means nothing compared to your wisdom

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,306

Yes adding egc collapse gives survivors a second chance. How again?

• EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,127

The only real reason anyone really does this is to avoid Blood Warden foremost. It's just an altruism suicide to go back if someone is caught when the gates are powered. Most times, the killer will camp, and if they don't, they likely have NOED to make this stage even more threatening to any overly altruistic survivors trying to "leave no one behind".

If NOED is in play, I virtually don't wander from the exit gate to save someone unless it's nearby and I can destroy it. 99-ing the gates is your last ditch effort to see if a rescue is viable.

I don't know about anyone else, but unless I know for sure the killer is distracted, my heart is pounding on opening the gate. I've died a lot trying to open one and get out.

I’m sorry, did you miss what I said? EGC having a slowdown because a survivor is hooked or in dying state is a second chance. It wouldn’t be if the timer wasn’t affected or if it sped up considering that would actually put pressure on the survivors.

• TheBilldozerTheBilldozer Member Posts: 154

This is a great example of someone having a complaint but not being able to understand the full scope of the 'problem" their "complaint" addresses.