Home Discussions General Discussions

Ruin nerf: War is here!

DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 513

We have accepted the unwritten rules of the game to make everyone have as much fun as possible, but now everything has changed. It's time for killers to unite! They only want survivors to have fun and no stress, well enough is enough! From now on:

1: Facecamping, camping, tunneling, slugging..play as you want, do as you want. 

2: "Blame Ruin nerf" this is the only message to give complaining and toxic survivors after the game.

3: Giving survivors the hatch or let them escape? Not anymore! We get nothing, they get nothing.

You might face the survivors alone every game, but you are not alone. We stand strong together! This is the only way to make them listen to killers, it's when survivors complains. When the message from both sides is the game was better before Ruin nerf, then they must do something about it.

Comments

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 513

How is that playing "toxic"? It's just as "toxic" as flashlight saves or throwing pallets on the killer. There are no rules against playing to win.

• CheersTCCheersTC Member Posts: 2,297

To be honest, this is a much more major nerf then it seems at first. Although I don't believe I will take actions against these rules, I feel like my survivor games are about to get very stale, with me only being able to face killers that will have map pressure now.

• shwagshwag Member Posts: 268

If you can't tell the difference then i shall not even begin to waste my time.

• ppo8820ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Honestly you have to resort to some tactics otherwise frowned on in the wake of the changes. The survivor guide to polite playing is now garbage and obsolete.

• ppo8820ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

I see this every game anyways. You forgot tea bagging, flashlight clicking, and taunting at exit gates. ;)

• neekocheekoneekocheeko Member Posts: 87

Tbagging and flashlight clicking doesn't affect gameplay, especially in a way that tunneling or camping does. Waiting at the exit gates does prolong the game for no reason if everyone is safe I can give you that, but the EGC is there as a fail safe now.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,338

I'll probably just play a lot more survivor from now on.

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 914

GREAT PLAY !

Yo that was nice to watch. I've always wanted to fill the hooks on basement but they always DC before I can

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 412

Being toxic isn't going to solve anything, all it'll do is give the devs a reason to nerf killer's further and we don't need that. Most of our brothers and sisters already quit.This is what Almo wanted, now let her learn from her survivor bias dumbass mistake

• BuchciPLBuchciPL Member Posts: 2

Do I have to remind you? Insta-heals... decisive strike... balanced landing... you will see adrenaline get nerfed next. Stop crying. There are still many good perks out there

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 588
    edited January 22

You're looking for that Lord of the Rings, Rohan charging in to save Minas Tirith moment, huh? Unfortunately my good man, I don't think you'll have the DBD equivalent. People are too deep into this game to leave now, and I think BVHR knows it. If this company thought for an instant that people would leave in numbers great enough to affect their bottom line, they'd listen. Sadly, they've figured out that no matter how much they destroy their game with pointless, ignorant changes, they will always have an audience.

The only way to get through to them is to stop playing and spending money. Good luck on that one. It would be a late Christmas miracle if the player base (all of us, regardless of side) could stand together and basically say "no more bugs, no more bs. Fix your fkin game or no more money."

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 424

Inb4 they halt entity progress on the hook to discourage camping.

• DalauanDivineDalauanDivine Member Posts: 126

Late to the party dude

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 357

how about not punishing innocent people like me who never play toxic, never "gen rush" and play both sides of the game ?

What you are doing is encouraging people to have a toxic behaviour, and those survivors you will punish will then turns themselves into toxic survivors.

You are creating an endless loop of toxicity.

• PoisonNPoisonN Member Posts: 624

Listen, I disagree with the ruin nerf but it is what it is. If you play that way it won't be bring the old ruin. Try to enjoy the game or jump to another one. I don't think that mentality will bring you fun in this game

• asergioamasergioam Member Posts: 358

“Hannibal ad portas”

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 3,169

"Facecamping, camping, tunneling, slugging..play as you want, do as you want. " lol there is no change there then is there, not all do it no, but this has always happened, previous to ruin lol

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 513

I stand by the "play as you want" statement, but I have not change my way of playing since I have actually done well so far without Ruin. I don't camp or tunnel and building around the endgame with Noed has worked so far. Just wanted to say that.

• DalauanDivineDalauanDivine Member Posts: 126

It actually goes the other way around, survivors create toxic killers