Alright gamers, how can we make Pig better? Let's discuss.
In my opinion, Pig is the weakest stealth killer. She's slower than any other stealth killer using their stealth abilities, her traps are RNG-reliant, and her ambush is all she's really got going for her.
First, I'll go over some general game balance features that can benefit her:
- Maps reworked to have a more consistent size. Killers with no mobility powers currently have to hope they don't randomly get a huge map like Red Forest, which is just silly.
- NOED is hidden until a survivor is downed by an attack that would otherwise injure them (so downing an already injured survivor will never show the notification, and attacks like Ambush will not show the notification for no reason). This really only applies to one perk, but it still would be a nice change for killers with non-basic attacks.
- Interrupts (grabs) are more consistent. As a stealth killer, grabs are pretty important. With dedicated servers, you'll often start a grab animation but the survivor just runs away. I'm not saying grabs should be easier, but a failed grab should at least cancel into an attack animation so the survivor doesn't run away without even taking a hit.
Now here are my ideas on how her abilities can be improved:
- Add the ability to perform a grab during the uncrouch animation. This way you won't be able to spam click at a hook like old Doctor in treatment mode, but it'll still be easier to get a grab off a gen or a locker. As the Pig is so slow and many Survivors will see her coming, this change will make getting grabs a little easier.
- RBTs also activate when the Exit Gates are opened, but deactivate when the Hatch is closed by the killer (and will not be able to be activated afterwards). This will make her power actually do something during the end game but prevents a "doomed last survivor" situation. This change works better if Keys are reworked to immediately close the hatch after one person uses it.
- The RBT keys are never in the first jigsaw box. Instead, the key's position is determined after the first box is searched. Searching the first box will cause all but one of the remaining box auras to turn yellow for about 10 seconds. The key will be in one of the yellow boxes. Searching the wrong box will once again reveal the yellow auras of those boxes for 10 seconds. Consistency is important in any competitive game, and this change will make RBTs more consistent. The key will never be in the first box survivors check, but it will also never be in the last box (unless they weren't paying attention and search the box that didn't turn yellow).
- In addition to the previous change, the box that stays white could be the closest box. That way survivors will have to travel further to get to the yellow boxes.
Feel free to share your thoughts on my ideas and/or share your own ideas!