Home Discussions General Discussions

Plague vs Wraith

DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 513

Just for fun who in your opinion would you class as the better killer of these two and why?

And which one of them in your opinion is most fun to play?

I really like both these killers but I have to say I get better results with Wraith, but Plague is more fun. I'm not sure who is better though because I have played Wraith much more, so it's not strange that I do better with him.

Comments

• meatisadelicacymeatisadelicacy Member Posts: 617
    edited January 23

I think Wraith is one of the weakest, if not the weakest, in the game. I'd say Plague is the better killer. Probably a lot depends on rank though. I remember when I was a new survivor, I had such a hard time with Wraith. Now? Not at all. And I've never been particularly scared of Plague myself, but a lot of people are unwilling to play injured so that causes a lot of cleansing and she gets stronger. Plus, she can slow things down because some people will not touch whatever she's puked on, so the gen will keep regressing.

• liquidlightliquidlight Member Posts: 285

In my experience Wraith dominates. When I'm in red ranks and I'm facing Wraith I hate life. Unless the Wraith is garbage everyone dies. When I'm facing Plague I feel I have a chance. There have been rare matches where a Plague went beast mode and wrecked the team I was on but usually some people escape. I've escaped, along with others, way more against Plague than Wraith.

When playing Wraith I get consistent 4ks. When Playing Plague I get 4ks every so often but more often one or two survivors escape. If I had to pick between one to play forever... it would be Wraith hands down if I was going for 4ks. If I was going for variety in my play and mind games... I'd think of Plague but still pick Wraith. xD If kills didn't matter... then I'd pick Plague. Plague is more interesting to play, though. I'll give her that. There's more you can do with her.

My experiences aren't everyone's so I'm sure it differs depending on the person.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 9,544

Couldn't tell you, haven't played enough Plague to say that.

Definitely enjoy Wraith more.

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 750

Wraith is a much stronger killer imo. He is also much more fun to play. I don't enjoy playing plague at all. Both just my opinion though

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 513
    edited January 23

I can agree that Wraith is a stronger killer, but "much" stronger? What does that mean? Compared to other killers were do you put Wraith? And were do you see Plague, as one of the absolute weakest?

In the beginning I also felt Wraith was more fun but playing Plague more she really grow on me.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 1,934

I find Wraith can be add on and map dependent. Ideally on wraith I use faster running speed and faster uncloak, though silent bell and global bell can be useful too.

Wraith can be really strong on indoor maps with the right add ons but I find Azarov maps can be quite poor for him due to clear line of sight and pallets aplenty.

I don’t have much experience with Plague but she is a killer I would like to put more time into. Previously I was trying to puke them fully into broken state and then down them and using thana and dying light to punish not cleansing. I performed pretty poorly. Especially if Ruin went early.

Now I’ve switched to a style where you use Corrupt to shrink the map, get everyone sick as soon as possible, just a blob will do and let it work over time. Then when they’re broken you pick them off with monitor and abuse which allows you to get closer. This style is much stronger on her and I’m having good results. You toy with them early game and pick them off late game. I’d like to unlock blood echoes to stop dead hard allowing them free pallets too

I think both is kind of addon dependent at least for me, and they both have some really strong addons. Black Incence is insane and perhaps the strongest addon out of all killers, but also Rubbing Oil and Vile Emetic is really usefull on Plague. Or use both apple addons to get 2 pools already corrupted can be amazing. I can use one pool right in the start to get a fast down, or save until later when they are really needed. They also counter the survivors that refuse to cleance and Thana is a good perk to have against such teams.

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 750

Again these are just my opinions and not really supported by anything other than my own personal game play. But I feel wraith has much better map pressure than plague. He also has stealth which plague does not.

I just don't find plague fun to play. I really dislike that you have to rely on the survivors in order to get your power.

Ok yes well at least in stealth there is no comparision, but if I remember correctly the last statistics showed that Wraith had a bit higher kill rate than Plague, but at red ranks it was the opposite. But yeah statistics is just statistics, but I think the difference between them is not that big.

Yes but if survivors refuse to cleanse they are in a bad spot also since they make a lot of noise. I don't know if survivors really benefits on not giving you your power. We have to ask Plague mains 😃