Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Attention Steam and EGS players: a quick hotfix will be going live today at 11AM ET to address file validation reliability. Thank you for your understanding!

It took me 3 matches as a green-rank killer to finally pip after new update

How I did it? Extreme tunneling, slugging and face-camping!

I've played with hag! Caught early the first survivor(very lucky here), put him on the hook, put 5 traps around him so that I can make sure he never escapes, he got unhooked, I went for him again and again until he died first, tunneled the heck outta him!

Then I somehow managed to catch the other 2 guys nearby and didn't go more than 10 meters away from them(they were close one of each other on hooks), put 5 traps around each of them and caught the 4th survivor while trying to unhook one of them!

The result: easy +1 with 5 gens remaining on the new map!

Best strategy from now on: EXTREME tunneling, slugging and face-camping!

ApPly PrReSsUre - tried this thing the other 2 matches and I got 5 gen-rush in 3 and a half mins each, with 3 hooks or so...Killed 1-2 survivors in each of them because of NOED, but depipped ofcourse!

#PrettyGoodJobSoFar

Playing as a killer in this match is a total mess at the moment! MESS!

Comments

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343

I'm not saying the new Ruin changes were good or necessary - I'm personally not a big fan of them - but not pipping doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with the design of the game. On the contrary, it means that the ranking system is actually doing its job for once and keeping you at the rank you're theoretically meant to be at according to how well - or at least, how effectively - you're playing.

• TheOptimiserTheOptimiser Member Posts: 138

By the time I set a few decent traps with Hag 1-2 gens are done already, no matter how good you are. And I played with her just for her daily with triggering 4 traps and hitting survivors then...It took me 3 matches to do this daily! 3 matches to bloody hit 4 survivors after they triggered the trap, that's how crazy fast the matches went...

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,902

You have posted on threads showing how a lot of killers are getting into lobbies with people over 6-10 ranks above them.

I don't think this statement can ever be fair until matchmaking is fixed.

If they were experiencing the before mentioned rank difference then no rank would actually failing them as people MUCH higher then them deranking them lower then they should be.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343

You're right that matchmaking has a part to play in the effectiveness of the ranking system, but since OP never mentioned the ranks of their opponents, suggesting that uneven matchmaking played a part in the above scenario is pure speculation.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,902
    edited January 2020

I am more saying that using it as a blanket statement where we don't know if match making even worked properly isn't a very credible statement.

Normally I'd completely agree about ranked doing is job but right now the statement's validity is shaky at best simply due to circumstances outside of our control.

Edit: I forgot to mention this but I am playing devil's advocate.

• DalauanDivineDalauanDivine Member Posts: 126

Get any hate?