Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why is Nurse such a rare killer to go against now?

Comments

• LegionGhostfaceLegionGhostface Member Posts: 161

yup that’s pretty common but good survivors know not to really loop around the basement/shack area cause she can gain an easy line of sight. i personally only experience this when i’m trying to get across the map and it’s aggravating

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

The Plaid Fannel indicator has a delay now (thanks dedicated servers, you are such a blessing), which means it is not reliable anymore.

• AdvorsusAdvorsus Member Posts: 1,030

That's even worse lol I tried that after the first basement teleportation extravaganza. Every time I'd go to blink to a survivor they'd go behind a wall and it would just cancel my blink. Like the animation would go, and I would be dazed, but I wouldn't move anywhere. I actually captured that one on video too. Nurse is all wonky these days, which is sad because I love her aesthetic

• WTBaconWTBacon Member Posts: 593

Here's how I think about it. Whenever I feel like playing Killer, I can choose between:

1. Mass amount of game breaking bugs. Potential to get a map that completely ruins my gaming experience (like the new Oni map). Incredibly slow movement speed, beaten even by survivors. Having to deal with both a cooldown and a fatigue.
    2. Play literally anyone else.

I really do not care how much """"potential"""" her power has, she's not even worth trying to learn.

• TroTro Member Posts: 223

That too. Same as stairs. You can blink from stairs down, but you cannot blink up to stairs, not to mention the many rocks/statues and other things you can’t blink through. Even more reasons why she needs a bit of buff love, please.

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,597

By "precise blink" I meant actual precision, not what game tells you its precise.

No, Bubba does not have potential of being the strongest killer, he is loopable just like Trapper without traps, all he does is an instadown at the end of the chase. Nurse does not need to chase anyone, she just blinks and hits.

If you blink properly, they wont even have time to do Dead Hard, especially with dedicated servers, reaction Dead Hard does not work. And even if they Dead Hard, 3rd blink is like 15 more seconds to the chase, thats still fastest or at least one of the fastest chases in the game.

• Salty_PearlSalty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I mained her since she came out. I stopped maining her once she got her rework came out. She's just unfun and boring to play. She's weak now.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Before you could slap on 3 blinks and it was basically training wheels. Now with just 2 blinks and a recharge there’s less room for error.

She’s also the most exhausting killer to play imo. She can be really strong but I couldn’t play her every game. You really need to concentrate for them blinks.

i really feel like they should increase her base speed movement

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,666

The number of Nurses I have seen ingame increased lately, but not much. I get at least 1 Nurse each evening. (Most Killers I currently face are with a big gap Huntress, followed by Doc, Billy and Ghostface) I see more Nurses than Hags or Wraiths for example (yesterday I had two Hags in a Row after not having a Hag for solid 3 weeks)

A few weeks ago, when I faced Nurses, they were either REALLY good or learning Nurse (with expected results). However, she is working better on Dedicated Servers now, which increased the number of Nurses again (AFAIK), and in general, I see more Nurses which are not terrible, but also not that scary as before.

Personally, I was a horrible Nurse before the Nerf and I am an even worse Nurse after the Nerf, and I dont have the patience to learn her. And I guess I am not the only one, and there are alternatives - you can also use Spirit, way easier to learn and effective. Or Freddy, Billy... All those Killers dont require the same effort like learning Nurse (not even close), while still being good enough for 4K.

Of course you cannot blink on Top of Survivors and hitting them, but most of the time, you will not need that.

So while the reward for learning Nurse might be high, the effort is even higher.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

I don't know what you are but you are making stuff up. You don't pop up on a survivor, this doesn't happen, you are announced before TR is there.

All of what you say is only true on an empty field huge deadzone, against potatoes sure. As soon as you play against good people nurse is horrible, she is easier to predict and see, dead hard works everytime against her unlike every other killer in the game. It is okay that you do not know that, tells me you don't see nurse as survivor nor do you play her.

Which probably is the reason why keep making stuff up and ignore all the gamebreaking bugs nurse suffers from at the moment. She was unplayable on sanctums wrath, she has many bugs and the devs do nothing.

According to potential bubba is the strongest, you know just like the rare case that a survivor will just stand randomly in an open field, bubba is the strongest if for some unknown reason all survivors try to escape the basement stairs and he comes down...

Also Flannel does not help with the basement bug, it has something to do with blinking near the basement while you not even aim for it and yet get sucked into it.

Nurse has a 43% killrate and suffers from gamebreaking bugs and you tell people it is the strongest killer. Please just stop when you have no clue at all.

edited January 2020

nurse is definitely the strongest killer when she’s played right and people are used to her blinks. her bugs are an issue but they won’t stop her from 4king and ending chases in like 5-10 seconds. her kill rate doesn’t determine whether she’s a good killer, there are unskilled nurses that will have so much trouble playing now especially with her nerf. i play her at rank 1 killer and never depipped or gotten anything other than a 3k or 4k (sometimes find hatch) in a long time. it really depends on your knowledge of her power. she had one of the highest kill rate prior to her nerf and proving my point, you need to actually be aware of her blinks.

• LlamaArmourLlamaArmour Member Posts: 75

Nurse is a perfect example of why this game is unable to be balanced based on the best players (as I would usually advocate). Can you imagine balancing Nurse around average killers? She would be all you see, and she would be destroying every game!

She is a rare exception whereby if you are amazing you will be able to bypass all of the survivors defences and down them within 20/30 seconds. However, if you aren't amazing you'll get stomped.

I personally think she should be left as she is. It's good to have a killer with a high risk and a high reward, otherwise anyone that is moderately decent can pick her up and destroy teams almost effortlessly. Not to mention that it rewards players that are willing to put in the time and effort into learning her.

People suggest silly things like making her base speed faster, or giving her more blinks/less cool down; but they forget that her power by design is game breaking and that this needs to be balanced by making her less powerful in other areas.

To summarise; Nurse is in a good spot at the moment, don't let the fact that people struggle to play her cloud the fact that she is still top 2 (arguably the best killer).

• ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764
    edited January 2020

I'll just duct tape this to the very relevant OP:

ALSO just a reminder that Hillbilly doesn't need a nerf

If you think he does you're just not a good survivor.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Because it's very tedious to play as her, especially on console. She's technically strong, but there are times where the cooldown actively lengthened chases that could've ended by then. It's frustrating and not worth it. Also, being able to outrun a nurse by running in a straight line is a bit of a stupid thing to know.

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 817
  • LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Cause killers tend to wanna have the most easy way to play instead of putting in some effort to gitgud.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246
    edited January 2020

Yes the best killer or 2nd best killer with a killrate lower than clown. facepalm

What you describe is how old nurse worked, she needed addons changed and nothing else. Now you can put time into her and get no reward at all. You can perform the same with any other killer, even better depending on which.

not really, she's a strong killer and most veteran DBD players will agree that she's the best killer in dead by daylight right now. her mechanism of blinking to injure, wait for fatigue, then blink and down again is by far the most overpowered. no other killer can do this and sure, there have been some nerfs but she is definitely not in F tier. if you can't play her well, that's just you but her power is definitely really good especially against good survivors