Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

Please revert the nerf to nurse's basekit.

13»

Comments

• SafetyOffSafetyOff Member Posts: 64

No thank you. All "blink" killers will be forever be broken even with heavy nerfs. Only way to make them useless would be to make it a giant cool down to blink.

Theres too much advantages to be able to teleport while having faster movement speed than survivors.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,099

Or, here me out, you can learn to play the way you're supposed to?

Imagine if every single killer had the same counterplay of running around in circles around a pallet. That would be so [BAD WORD] stupid. Nurse offers both killer and survivor a new way to play the game. You have to focus on where you're going and the walls and LOS breaks around you, instead of where the nearest pallet is.

Is her counterplay harder than the regular game? Yes. But that's what makes it interesting, it takes actual skill from both parties. So no, I don't think they'll always be broken, I think people just need to actually try and play the game differently from time to time.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

I totally agree and wish that her basekit nerf would be reverted. But I doubt it will happen, i mean they didn't even bother to fix old bugs and introduced new ones. BHVR at it's best.

edited January 30

Not to mention the lie of a reason we got for her addon pass wasn't even addressed. They wanted to change the addons no one used into something usable that didn't actively hurt her, yet her ultra rares do just that and we still have just as many if not more useless addons that no one will use outside of memeing.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

I don't care about that anymore to be honest, what I find most dishonest is the double standard. Like to play nurse and have a chance of winning you need to outplay your opponent in a way that actually should only be possible if that other play is way below your own skill. I kinda do not believe people when they argue about nurse right now, stating she is as strong as before because there were only limitations put on so by default you can not perform as before.

My own experience is that when I see a nurse now she most likely will disconnect after losing the chase so many times, the counterplay to her is really easy and deadhard will always extend the chase due to how she works by now.

I just don't understand the double standard, so you nerf a perk due to people who are not able to hit great skillchecks, meanwhile you nerf a killer and demand by default to have a 100% perfect accuracy in the use of power in order to beat the best opponents. I am really missing the words to describe this double standard on balance approaches and ofc my question about it for the Q&A was ignored.

• TroTro Member Posts: 221

Agree. Please change nurse.

I agree, with just straight up limitations I do find it hard to believe when some of the people say she's just as easy or it's barely a difference. Like I played her too and it felt like a massive difference to me.

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

I don't understand why they touched her base kit in the first place. Her ADD-ONS were OP, not her kit. But potatoes that only have 1 strategy and it's looping couldn't beat nurse, because that 1 particular strategy didn't work against her, and instead of(the devs) making them adapt, they catered to the tater tots as usual. I'm hearing my killer is next, and I'm terrified how bad there gonna crush him. I main GF.

I've got a theory on it.

They got tired of tournament killers being primarily Nurse and instead of making the rest of the cast comparable they took the easy way out and just busted her kneecaps so they would have to do less work.

It's clear they people in charge of the rework never played Nurse, nor the people in charge of her new addons because only a few are anywhere near usable. It just irks me so hard they ruined what was one of their best killers because no one on the team could be bothered to learn her nuances or even listen to the players.

• Kagari_LehaKagari_Leha Member Posts: 513

i think her nerf is really fine, but i also think some of the new add-ons are just, not useful enough, especially to baby nurses who will definitely have a bad time playing her

• DepressedNurseMainDepressedNurseMain Member Posts: 671

I can't say I agree with leaving the cooldowns, but I totally agree that they should change some of the addons to be more helpful for the baby nurses who want to practice. Also they really need to make an actual tutorial area for all the killers and survivors powers/perks, I always found the beginning tutorial lackluster.

• KuromiStarwindKuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited January 30

That wouldn't be very fun for survivors. Let's just make posts about how she's fine and good Nurse's still MLG pro rek people, even if it isn't true, and even if she isn't fun to play as, because we want people to believe it so she stays in the dirt

I wish dead by daylight stopped trying to play itself off as not competitive, like how the devs stated this wasn't a competitive game and the killers weren't balanced to be "viable", but obviously it is competitive and it should be treated as such using high level players as the proper way to balance the game.

They are just decreasing the skill ceiling and though yes it does help the new players it is definitely not helping the actual top players especially the killer ones. Once you actually play against a true veteran player there just isn't much you can do besides hope they don't run tiles perfectly and mess up, as they usually play as safe as possible.

I agree. They're taking the easy route by claiming the game is casual because if they acknowledged it was a competitive game they would have to work much harder on making all killers viable and that's something the team clearly doesn't want to do.

It's a shame because this game could be really great if they put in the hard work on things they don't want to. I've been dreaming up a competitor to this game and the only real one I can think of is a dedicated 2v8 game so it's different enough but still along the same vein of gameplay.

It's just kind of sad to see a killer just sit in the dust, played off as something "healthy" for the game when in fact they are just removing the variability of the killers that are seen by making one out of play entirely.

One of the things people seem to always say is "nurse is still powerful, you can get 4ks easy just watch *generic streamer* who is a god nurse and git gud".

They are showing someone who has put in around 5000+ hours into the game as the basis of their argument and even then most of the actual god nurses don't even play nurse anymore due to the amount of bugs and broken things about nurse that make her so god awful in the first place on top of her being stun simulator.

I loved this game to bits when it came out, but it's really sad to see the direction it's taking, I just hope the devs prove me wrong and make the changes that are needed to make this game truly great, but right now they are only causing the gap in between their player-base to widen.

I have a faint glimmer of hope from the player satisfaction survey as it asked some of these questions within it, I just hope the devs finally listen and don't disregard feedback yet again.

Based on recent track record I hold no hope.

They did ok with Doctor but they did it for all the wrong reasons so that's not even a good example :/

• TroTro Member Posts: 221

I still hope they fix her soon.

Yea due to their track record of avoiding feedback entirely I doubt things will actually be done anytime soon, but I hope the new rank matchmaking also brings something new to actually improve the game for both sides like end game collapse did.

Yea though I really wish that they didn't make the it worthless to shock people besides shutting down pallets, because what's the point of putting a survivor to tier 3 if they just snap out.

It would've been better if it didn't hold the % of snap out when you stopped doing it. Kind of defeats the whole purpose if they can just 99% it (like SOOOOOO MANY THINGS ALREADY IN THIS GAME) and just finish it whenever it's convenient for them so Doctor is wasting time shocking them in most scenarios.