Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Devs pls don’t nerf leatherfaces base kit when you do a addon rework

124»

Comments

• PapiQuentin_PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889

Old Legion was not healthy at all for the game.

He could tunnel you down with his ability and there was no counterplay to it, you make him miss? Oh he can just keep swinging and one of them will hit you.

Let's also not forget the nightmare that was Frank's Mix Tape and Cold Dirt.

Old Legion was awful

• McLightningMcLightning Member Posts: 949

Like I said, you're not countering a good nurse by running in a straight line. If you get countered by that, you're not a good nurse. If you counter a nurse doing that, that nurse was not a good nurse.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,537

This is the problem. There is such a divide between where killers think the balance is and where it actually is.

You tell me I need to “git gud” but how many times have the devs come out and said killers are doing just fine? It’s not just the data they’ve explicitly said it a number of times. You really think if killers were as weak as you feel they wouldn’t be buffing them to balance out the game?

Killer will always feel more intense than survivor because you’re on your own and the workload isn’t shared out across 4 people.

The thing is though people like you have a tough game and then come here into this echo chamber and assume that the devs are survivor mains, hate killers, all sorts of conspiracy theories and believe that killers are massively underpowered. Killers are doing just fine....which kind of indicates that everyone else is doing ok then perhaps the problem lies with you.

• WeskerWesker Member Posts: 246

Slow killers are a prank in the current gen rush meta, but this is fine... For one who's carrying biased thoughts sure, it's fine, but I want to play actually both killer and survivor. No way I'm forced to play your side to have fun otherwise I get bullied by M1 Simulator. No no baby Kate, no no.

With red ranks being watered down killer has literally never been easier.

You’re only going to struggle if you go against 4 godlike survivors and the odds of having 4 of them in one game are extremely low. Even the best swf groups often have a weak link or two.

I'd love to struggle but we are denied even to do this . Until you will don't play a single match as a standard 4,6 ms killer you will never realize how bullshits are blasting with your "Hillbilly OP" comments. Against good survivors is not struggle, is a free defeat, and you can't do so much to stop them unless starting with dirty tactics (which I hate)

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Stop derailing the thread and turn into some general balance discussion.

See, in the other thread you told me I need to “git gud” I believed you used but here you are saying that a 4.6m killer is a “free defeat”.

I sympathise with you if you’re not enjoying the game but its likely your problem is due to ranks being messed up. You’re likely going against people with far more experience than you.

Upload some gameplay footage to youtube and we can analyse why the games fee like a free defeat. Message me privately if you dont want it public. Alternatively send the video to people like tofu, fungoose etc I think a lot do gameplay analysis for players now. Theres likely something your missing.

edited February 8

People I'm facing are not more experienced than me. Some of my chases last less of 20 seconds, they make mistakes over mistakes, but if they put effort in M1, most of the times is a undeserved win for them. If you pair M1 effort with high looping skill is 0k ensured.

If me as killer do just a couple of stupid mistake I'm currently risking to mess up my entire game. A lag issue prevented me to get an important hit? 1 more gen somewhere will be fixed. This is why killers are underperforming. For those who say Hillbilly/Spirits are OP, well, you mess up a couple of chainsaw/phasewalk for any reason? Never mind if it was your fault or something else, you messed, you deserved to lose momentum. Whilst survivors? Just do gens. That's all.

I've suggested a very smart change for NOED which could solve this situation but IDK if they will care, basically I asked if it doesn't one-strike players anymore and rather locks gates panels for 100/110/120 seconds to stop this braindead gen rush. It's a cool idea, but I REALLY DK if they will care.

Killers aren’t underperforming though that’s the point. I don’t think Spirit is OP, just Billy. I’m in the same camp as @PigMainClaudette where I think he’s too strong for how easy he is to use.

I admit I thought Pig was weak but @Almo said she was doing too well to be given a buff.

Now the reasons for that can be debated and that’s what we often do (I personally believe NOED is fudging the numbers to some degree on weaker killers) however the point is that whatever the reasons, killers are not underperforming at the moment hence why there isn’t a rush to buff them.

I think we have agree that toolboxes aren’t needed to be so strong in the current game and they are being looked into. Likewise I think we have all agreed that some maps are too big which limits killer/survivor interaction, Red Forest being a good example.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

OH MY GOD! SOMEONE SHARES MY OPINION!

As for Pig, the stats are skewered by trap tunnellers and crouched face-campers. Not true diciples, like Almo and myself.

Toolboxes are a problem, more than maps.

NoED is also skewering killer kills as it almost guarantees an endgame kill.

Leatherface just has a dumb power as a whole. I like the AoE, but hate that it's tied to an instant down. If they DO rework him, new power. New character from the ground up. His original incarnation feels rushed.

Never played him, never will in his current form. Too many people abusing the saw to even consider it. Good perks, though.

Almo takes NOED so I wouldnt say he’s a true disciple 😋

But yeah I see all the low tier killers go with 1-4 hooks all game then secure 2-3 kills with NOED. People say “just cleanse totems” but the fact is survivors will NOT cleanse totems, so they die to NOED, killer gets kills and thus its considered balanced.

But you bring up changing NOED to stop it being crutch and the killer mains go crazy and act like you insulted their firstborn. Its like they’re shooting themselves in the foot.

I get what they were going for with LF. Extremely powerful ability but they tried to balance it with the penalties. It slows him down, the idea being that you can’t use it on every hit but if you catch a survivor out of position then you get to instadown them. As pallets decrease throughout the trial he becomes stronger. Likewise he has a penalty tantrum if he misses. Its as if they realized that the ability to swing unlimited instadowns all trial long is extremely overpowering, so they had to balance it out with some limitations.....as if they were learning from mistakes they made with a chainsaw killer they put out a year before. Hmm....

• TFjawbreakerTFjawbreaker Member Posts: 43

Is it true his chili addons don’t do anything like it says on the dbd wiki?