Home Discussions General Discussions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

Question about CURRENT iridescent shards

MantaManta Member Posts: 117
Hi- sorry I couldn't see this mentioned anywhere.
Once the new system is live, we now all know that the prices of everything with iridescent shards is shooting WAY up.
Does this mean we should use our current iridescent shards before prices increase? Or will our current shard totals be buffed?
Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• HIPSTERLIONHIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    After the update the prices for teachable s will go extremely high so if you looking to buy a teachable or Chang your shards with bp its worth to spend before the update but if you don't need those you should save it as it gives you a headstart on the cosmetics you wanna buy with them but keep in mind your current amount isn't gonna be for example doubled after the update . if you want my opinion personally I will keep them because 400000 bp isn't worth it .
  • MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,556

Save them for a head start?

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,348

@HIPSTERLION said:
    After the update the prices for teachable s will go extremely high so if you looking to buy a teachable or Chang your shards with bp its worth to spend before the update but if you don't need those you should save it as it gives you a headstart on the cosmetics you wanna buy with them but keep in mind your current amount isn't gonna be for example doubled after the update . if you want my opinion personally I will keep them because 400000 bp isn't worth it .

Personally I will use mine for bloodpoints. The only real skins worth owning mostly need to be purchased with real money. With the exception of the nurse's black wedding dress.

• RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

I doubt they'll multiply your current shard stock once the update release.
    You're probably better using them up to get BP/Teachables.
    No confirmation tho, but it's VERY unlikely.

edited May 2018
    fcc2014 said:

@HIPSTERLION said:

Personally I will use mine for bloodpoints. The only real skins worth owning mostly need to be purchased with real money. With the exception of the nurse's black wedding dress.

No buddy there's actually a lot of cosmetic s that are good and can be bought with shards : red dress hag , army pants David , street fight top David , invisible black Claudette and much more . for the best results you would have to change some parts of cosmetic s with other 1s , for example the shirtless David with army pants .
  • apathytheclownapathytheclown Member Posts: 246

I was going to save them but after seeing how little value 550 shards have I just bought something in the shrine. You will be able to obtain shards way faster after the next update so I figured why not.

I was going to save them but after seeing how little value 550 shards have I just bought something in the shrine. You will be able to obtain shards way faster after the next update so I figured why not.

You get like 50000 bp in every game if you have BBQ or we're gonna live forever but you should win 55 times to get 550 shards . so you really think that it's just worth it . time before we changed our 550 shards with 200k bp because we had no choice but now that we have the store there's no point in it .