Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Ghostface needs to be reworked

He has needed to be reworked since his implementation - his power is too survivor dependent and it makes him incredibly unfun to play -- you are basically just basic attacking Survivors into oblivion because You Guys didn't want him to just be a 'Myers' clone, so his stalking mechanic is trash and the only use he has he crouching and removing his terror radius. May as well just be a Pig without a lunge then. Good job.

Seriously, at the very least his lean-stalking should not be survivor dependent -- allow him to lean-stalk survivors even if they're looking in his direction; just punish him for Myers stalking in the open and he'd be fine.

Comments

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

You do not play this game, right? Actually the reveal mechanic is totally killer sided, cause he can mark while the reveal wont even start or stops just after a second every damn game. Its totally broken in favor of the killer.

• arcnkdarcnkd Member Posts: 446

Nice joke there. Yes, I am aware that "with certain add-ons" Ghostface's ability becomes more manageable (by decreasing the radius to be pulled from the ability and everything); but the Devs seriously need to lose the mentality of killers are only good/viable with add-ons. All killers should be good and viable as base and the add-ons should just tweak their playstyles; not have to rely on having add-ons to be decent.

Ghostface as a base, is incredibly easy to pull out of his power - he can't even stalk mid-chase like Myers because Survivors just have to rotate their camera to be behind them and it pulls him from his power too.The only 'killer side' mechanic he has is the ability to toggle into Night Shroud at his discretion. Survivors should not be able to pull him out of his stalking mode for the express reason so he wouldn't be too similar to Myers (which is why he is designed that way); and at the very least, his unique lean-stalking should be survivor independent and unable to be cancelled by just 'looking at him' within a certain range.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

While Ghostface does have a bit of addon dependency, it's the cooldown addons he's dependent on, not the anti-reveal addons.

If you are being revealed then stealth is already irrelevant. The entire point is to stalk them from stealth.

Unlike with Pig and Myers you can patrol at full speed while in stealth. And if you position yourself correctly then you can lean stalk while ignoring the reveal.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

GF is fine as is, definitely A tier material.

It would be cooler if his power had more to do with phones though...

• DisappointedUserDisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

I mean... breaking GF out of stealth is broken right now. It’s hard to even do it. So I’m not sure what you’re talking about here.

• HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 848

Yeah, sorry to say that, as a GF/Myers main, you're kinda off-base here. He is survivor-dependent, but not for the reasons you say. If survivors have the sense to abandon loops proactively, then he has very little he can do about it, even with his power. If you don't get a map with good sight blockers, and the survivors are observant, you won't get many chances to sneak up on people. If survivors just hammer gens instead of trying to keep track of you and expose you, then the game will be over before you can start snowballing.

Also, you don't have to crouch to remove his TR. Any time your shroud is up, your TR and red stain are gone. This is why mindgaming with your power at loops is such an essential part of his kit.

Also, @DisappointedUser , feel free to take a clip of his reveal not working correctly. Nearly 100% of the cases that people report as it being "broken" are just them not understanding how to reveal him, and blocking him with either their own character model, or allowing him to get close by crouching behind LoS blockers until he's too close to reveal.

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589
  • Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589
    edited February 2020

The only thing he needed since release was bugfix. He got one for stalking, not its time for revealing.

I dont own Ghostface, but this is the first time I have seen someone call him "unfun". Freddy can be unfun, Clown can be unfun, Wraith can be unfun, Nurse is mostly unfun, but I have never heard that about Ghostface. Maybe this just isnt a killer for you.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So you truly do not play the game right now. Its actually so that GF wins every standoff, thus he should need more time to stalk than the survivor would need to reveal him. Thats how it works at the moment. There is actually literally no chance to reveal him on point. Hes broken as #########.

• Prex91Prex91 Member Posts: 749

He is quite ok. Maybe devs have to fix a litte bit the stalk because when I play against him I cant reveal him even if he is in front of me and I look fix at him (good addons maybe). When I play him I have sometimes the impression of stalk bar increase on surv even if I cant see them (behind wall etc). Also fix his and pig crouch speed make similar, and maybe make him a little bit slower when he is with power activate.

• NICK714NICK714 Member Posts: 173

i am main ghostface with rank 2 xD whitout addons i'ts ok