Home Discussions General Discussions
Forum Community Moderator applications are now open! Click here for more information: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/204586/community-moderator-applications

What's some licensed content you DON'T want in DBD?

Comments

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,966
    edited February 3

Is it fine to take back Stranger things? I mean delete it have a different chapter. Anything Post Legion has been kinda mediocre in all honesty.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Anything that would result in the killer having a power where they could teleport to hooks or stealth around hooks. There is enough camping killers in the game already.

• MiniPixelsMiniPixels Member Posts: 372

FNAF, Chucky, and IT. Anything but those 3, they don't fit the game and most people dont want them.

• Dokta_CarterDokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
  • bobcat946732bobcat946732 Member Posts: 760

Slenderman and FNAF are the two I don't want to see. I like both franchises but I don't think either one would work very well in this game.

• Dito175Dito175 Member Posts: 218

Anything that isn't from earth or doesn't live on earth, sure we have the Demogorgon that lives in his own dimesion but at leats it's tied to earth somehow.

Any killer that is too human-like (Jack Torrance, Norman Bates etc) again we have the Trapper and the Legion but at leats they are deformed or hide their faces. In real life being chased by a crazy dude and a masked dude are different experiences, the masks add some mystery to it, you know that there is someone behind the mask, but at the same time, it is not a person like you, who has already become inhumane. I don't know if anyone could understand my reasoning. I was confused just trying to explain.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

What reason?

For me it would be xenomorph/predator. Would really hate to see any of these be stopped by pallets and such stuff. Just totally doesn't fit into the game.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,294

I'm probably going to get severely judged for admitting this due to stereotypes with FNAF players, but I don't think a FNAF chapter would be such a bad idea. Most people just say, "It's cringey, no FNAF" without giving any other reasoning.

Most people don't like FNAF because they think of the community and animatronics. However, I believe our community has its flaws too and we often focus on the negative more than the positives. Introducing a new community into Dead by Daylight would be great and the chapter itself would be easy to make. The animatronics can be very scary, if you played Scott's games — you would be terrified to even touch his 4th FNAF game.

I know the killer can be Springtrap.

I know the survivor can be one of the previous Security Guards.

I know the map can be Sister Location since it's one of the biggest maps, and due to the fact it's merged with FNAF 4 location.

A lot of people said Stranger Things was cringey and childish, but now that people tried it out, they actually like having something other than a human figure chasing after them. If people were to give things a chance rather than assuming the worst, they actually would love a FNAF chapter. 😁

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

Chucky - Seriously, how the heck can you see as him, or see him coming. It's a plastic doll, kick him.

Jason Vorhees - Tired. Trapper is close enough and unique.

Pennywise - Already have a Clown

• Cornpopers_EvanCornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 1,934

Okay, if you're talking about the topic then it's because I was genuinely curious.

If you're talking about my choice, then because... well, lets just say... kids.

• NightmareRebornNightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

Honestly, a FNaF chapter would slap. I enjoy debating with people about the likes of a FNaF chapter. If it were going to happen though, they should atleast wait until the movie in (assuming) 2021.

I've made my points here, so I don't really feel the need to rehash them again.

Anyway, my least wanted are Pennywise, Jeepers Creepers, and Alien

• Zanely89Zanely89 Member Posts: 133

I would say I don't want pennywise just to piss off the crowd that want him.

• SanityNightSanityNight Member Posts: 101

FNAF, not that it's not scary, but it just wouldn't go with the theme of DBD. What I do think would be cool though would be an SCP killer, and of they did that it could bring some attention to the SCP game :D

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Five Nights at Freddy's. Does not belong here, in any way - shape - or form

• KenidurKenidur Member Posts: 156

Ok, FNAF is out, How about The Banana Splits, the movie.... I'm sure we don't need that either. Same reason.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,244
    edited February 4

Characters from the conjuring

Predator..

Xenomorph.

Fnaf.

Pennywise.

Pumkinhead.

Pinhead.

Killers fan crations.

Child's play(2019 only)

Nemesis(from resident evil 3)

Terminator.

Silent hill characters

Joker.

Just a few examples 🤢🤮

• ElvenmonkElvenmonk Member Posts: 363

Which is kind of the issue.

Every time people say "how would it even work?" Then when you answer that question everyone calls you cringe and says you are off topic posting. When it's people answering a question everyone brings up due to their lack of knowledge

• MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 652

I agree with most of that list, but Pumpkinhead would be great in the game I think. He's creepy AF, and has that horror slasher feel to him/it/whatever. Fantastic cult horror movie too. If they are going to license something else, that would be a great place to start imo. The only issue I could see would be the lore and canon from the movie. Might not fit too well in DbD.

• ShirokuroShirokuro Member Posts: 179

The original 4 animatronics are pretty cartoony looking yeah, but there's so much more characters in the series than just them. Also, if you don't solely focus on the jumpscares, the games do a pretty good job at making an unsettling atmosphere.

Do I even dare to ask what the f word is meant to be here..?

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 481

Just wanted to point out that "wE aLREdddy hAVe CloWn KiLLeR" isn't the greatest argument ever against Pennywise (not aiming that at anyone in particular by the way, it's just something people say a lot). We also already had a chainsaw killer (Billy before Leatherface), a stalking killer (Myers before Ghostface), spirit-realm killers (Wraith, then Nurse, then Spirit), and a whopping 4 teleporting killers (Nurse, Hag, Freddy, Demogorgon) as well as 4 stealth killers. Having some similar things isn't going to ruin the game, if it was then it would have already.

Not saying I want Pennywise, just pointing out that having another clown doesn't permanently ban Pennywise from the game, after all a circus needs more than one clown 🤡🤡

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 863

FNAF...

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 938

I don't want Predator in the game he would be gimped too much to play in the game, compared to what he can do in his movies and his over all kit. They wouldn't do him justice, I don't have high hopes for the game named after Predator either the license holders of Predator don't seem to care how it is represented sadly.

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 667

Freddy

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,295

TL:DR

The licensed content I DO NOT want in here is Jason. The devs wont make him powerful. In fact I'm certain he will be another easily loopable killer like most of the roster. Id rather they not degrade him like that. After what happen to his game during the law sue, he's suffered enough.

• RullisiRullisi Member Posts: 179

Yeah Chucky or Fnaf or something like that I wouldn't want to see in the game.

I mean, if want to see FNAF like that, I'm not go to stop you.

I don't think of "furries" when I think of FNAF; I think of the killer animatronics from FNAF.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,583

Five nights at facoceri's.

edited February 4

There's those things in all communities.

I don't see why FNAF's community is getting singled out when our and other communities have their flaws too. 😕