Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

“Garbage” Killers getting “carried” by Spirit

Am I missing something here? As Killer and Survivor, whenever the match is over, at least one person says that the Killer got “carried” by playing as Spirit. Is Spirit not one of the more challenging Killers to master? I’d much rather play as Legion than as Spirit, and I’ve never heard anyone say I got “carried” by Legion.

Comments

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 828

The other day I played Spirit with Stridor

apparently Iron Will just completely negates Stridor these days.. it was so stupid to hear nothing when phasing around someone injured, with a perk that boosts injured survivor noises..

yeah real OP killer

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

They say that because she's a pretty easy killer to play and "master", not really requiring much from the player. People say the same about Freddy too because it's true. They're easy killers with not much of a skill ceiling but is it really a bad thing to have killers that are good but also easy to play as long as they aren't unfair? (Well... spirit kind of bends that second point a bit because her power literally offers no counterplay if the spirit has a pair of eyes and ears but she will still lose the match if the other 3 survivors are doing gens.)

• lynelmanelynelmane Member Posts: 549

I started DBD as a Spirit main and playing her has really helped my listening skills on any killer, as well as my tracking and the art of guessing where the survivors will be. She's not easy but she does intimidate survivors and that makes them verbally abuse her.

I've seen way more insults and abuse come from survivors when playing her than with any other killer. "f u spirit" "ur gay for using spirit" "why would u use her" "gay spirit main" "racial slur"

She is hard to master but not too hard to get kills with if you're cocky or just a straight up jerk to the survivors.

• cipherbay_cipherbay_ Member Posts: 344

Sounds are bugged even with stridor on, so good on you for getting the wins as spirit because im annoyed playing as her

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007
    edited February 2020

Sounds are generally bugged anyways with rare instances when they are not for awhile. Spirit can still do well without sounds and headphones. I know a lot of people who play her while listening to music and they just throw whispers on and get 4k's almost every game.

Post edited by Rizzo90 on
  • TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I would laugh at those survivor's and just say "like you got carried by second changes perks, dude".

Why the hassle? The surv. of today can't bind their shoes without a perk that helps them out with it.

Those survs were just salty.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,592

Survivors cant handle true invisibility. Even with all those restrictions placed on her they simply dont want to accept theyve been outplayed by someone who cant see them either.

• KliahKliah Member Posts: 29

Yeah she is a little difficult to master when dealing with good survivors because they know how to counter her pretty well. Play who you like, they are probably just salty since they cant quite bully Spirit like other killer since she has no tell when phasing. People will complain about no counter play but her power is made to be inherently vague and hard for survivors to guess. People will say she is easy due to her power but tracking with broken sounds and working around perks that silence survivors or get rid of scratch marks can be detrimental to her.

• shmoulshmoul Member Posts: 97

Spirit is pretty much "Press m2 to MInDgaME" and hopefully get a hit. It's low risk high reward.

• WeskerWesker Member Posts: 339
    edited February 2020

I know a lot of ppl who can play without their eyes, their hands, their brain, and still 4k as well

Post edited by Rizzo90 on
  • Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Spirit... hard to master?

Spirit is ######### easy and boring to play. I don't even play Spirit and can easily win with her.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

There are definitely easier killers that would “carry” someone more than Spirit. Freddy or Billy for example. I’ve seen many people struggle with Spirit.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,090

Spirit is difficult to learn... not that much but more than any other Killer exept nurse. Ppl just say that because they are upsad but me as a Spirit main NEVER ever saw a good spirit personally. Idk if I am just unlucky.

• starkiller1286starkiller1286 Member Posts: 872
    edited February 2020

I mean when she still had collision she was easy but she doesnt now, has the notoruis sound bugs and is somehow still easy?

Ok.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

4 good survivors will always beat a good spirit

• helix43helix43 Member Posts: 180

Lmao. Who wants to bet op is a survivor main who plays with a swf. 😂

• Did you have a bad day today? Maybe it’s time for a break. Yes, I am a Survivor main, but no, I’ve never played with a SWF. I got to red ranks on my own. Also, what about my post hinted at me being a “survivor main who plays with a SWF?” I said that I DON’T believe that “garbage” Killers get “carried” by Spirit (pay attention to the quotation marks). Do you just copy and paste this message on any discussion where you don’t agree with the OP?

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,824

I used to be a very good Spirit main, then Plague released and I stopped playing Spirit as much. Then sounds got bugged :/

Spirit isn’t braindead like players claim. She requires map awareness, tracking, and opening your ears and listening which some people are not good at doing. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve lost a Spirit in a chase because she made a wrong prediction. I’ve seen more bad Spirits than good ones. She’s still low risk high reward though.

In an individual chase you’re gonna lose quickly, you still win by pumping out gens but you’ll typically lose a chase quickly with little counterplay which is why survivors tend to hate Spirit. Nothing you can do except cross your fingers she’s bad or can’t hear you due to buggy sounds. She’s just boring to face when all the chases are predictable.

You are at the mercy of the Spirit. Most other killers rely on survivor’s mistakes. Spirit relies on her own ability to track.

If they’re mad then let them be mad. Let the salt flow.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,083

Before her changes I got multiple gen grabs with her when I first got her without even using prayer beads. I still get grabs from time to time with her changes. Not saying a potato could learn her, but she's not THAT difficult, you just have to use your ears and that's really it.

• pizzamesspizzamess Member Posts: 209

Well tbh sound in general is borked, sometimes survivors will make no sounds while injured without iron will or no mother, shits annoying

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

All the salty comments from these survivor mains is pretty funny. "Spirit is ez low risk high reward." Keys, DS, DH, toolboxes say hi. Lets not even talk about god windows or corn maps. =p

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited February 2020

Spirit is NOT a hard killer to play. People say a lot about Billy but he has a higher floor AND ceiling than her.

I no longer say she carries bad players though because that's Freddy's job now. He's even easier and almost as powerful.

The only ~but~ here is that she struggles when sounds are as screwed up as they are now, but when sounds work properly there's no working around a good Spirit in chases. Even Iron Will might get you off the hook once but she doesn't need to hear your grunts of pain, there are other sounds in the game.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791

No, Stridor negates half of Iron Will, making the reason for using Iron Will redundant.