The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
This section is used to report issues with maps.

*** Please use the search box in upper right to see if your bug has already been reported first! ***

Please be sure to include the map name in the title like this: [Rotten Fields] There's a bug in my corn

When reporting a bug, please use the following template:

Platform:
Description of the issue:
Steps to reproduce (if possible):
How often does this occur:

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

Why do you guys hate Hawkins?

AceOfSpades1773AceOfSpades1773 Member Posts: 27

So, this is my first post here, I created this account specifically to ask this. I just played a game as Ghostface, and I burnt a Hawkins offering. I got one dc off the bat, downed a guy, dc, downed another and hooked them, someone saved them and I proceed to down them, and the other guy as he tried to throw a pallet on me. First guy I hooked dc'd on down, and the second guy I hooked died on it. Afterwards, it was a salt fest. Care to explain why the map is hated?

Comments

• feechimafeechima Member Posts: 477
    edited February 6

I hate Hawkins too but I never DC on it. Was the saltfest about your map choice specifically? Its a hated map because its hard to find gens, it acts like Gideon's where it is sometimes impossible to tell where the killer is at any given time and that is even worse when playing against GF. Clown, who many argue is the worst killer in the game, is a God on Hawkins because all pallets are unsafe. The moment you drop them you can and will get hit unless you stun the killer. All pallets, once down, can be blood-lusted and a lot of the rooms/corners are dead ends. It is the least survived map for a reason. Again, though, DCing because of a map shouldn't be a thing.

• SurvJoeSurvJoe Member Posts: 36

very narrow corridors with bad unsafe pallet placement , only 1 window on 1st floor for whole map you kidding?! very easy to get lost in map . Suicided 10/10 times

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,123

I still can't navigate the place as killer nor survivor. I get lost all the time. Often times the middle of the map is nothing but dead space filled with a maze of rooms and corridors, many of the doors blocked/closed. The map is a pain.

• inferjusinferjus Member Posts: 211

It's just Game v2.0 - confusing claustrophobic corridors, no windows, hard time to find totems, chests and generators + Unsafe Pallets DLC installed.

• Foxfire47Foxfire47 Member Posts: 111

I personally don't hate Hawkins and actually get excited when playing the map, especially when I am playing survivor. If you know how to run it right in certain rooms and know the map layout, it's actually not that bad of a map. As killer, it depends on who you are but I don't struggle too bad on it as killer.

Not to say that Hawkins is perfect and doesn't have flaws, it totally does but I sure as hell like it better than Haddonfield.