Home Discussions General Discussions

Scott junds gen slowdown video devs look at this

Comments

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 3,373

Spine Chill gives you a small window to avoid a Wispers using Doc. Again Calm Spirit counters him. Scratched Mirror Myers does completely negate stealth yes. But a killer with specific addons to counter stealth is a hell of alot different from a base game mechanic.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,174
    edited February 2020

stealthin Dbd is pretty much nonexistent especially in red ranks ..your wasting time stealthing around the map you only really see it in the lower ranks

Wasting time in your opinion. I'm not talking about Urban Evading around the entire map.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,174

I’m done arguing with you lol I can tell you don’t care if gens go to fast or about killers fun ..it’s all about the survivors fun guys!

Yeah, I don't care if gens are done too fast. Pay no attention to where I said above that I agree there needs to be an early game slow down. It's not like I've made threads in the past with suggestions on how to slow the early game. I certainly didn't oppose the Ruin nerf. It couldn't possibly be I just think this particular way of slowing the game is a bad idea.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,586
    edited February 2020

Calm Spirit does not counter doc if they run Restraint (or Iri king and get good rng that gives them the restraint effect) your madness still tiers up so it still reveals your aura.

If nothing happens they'll know to check lockers

A big part of stealth is the early game. Getting stuff done early is crucial for it.

I should rephrase that it doesn't completely counter Doc. But it does severely limit him.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,336
    edited February 2020

I agree that killer/survivor interaction is healthy, but I don't believe it should come at the cost of what we might call player freedom or agency. The point - at least, my point - is that players shouldn't be forced to play the game a certain way, at any stage. If stealth is a mechanic in your game, if you have dozens of perks dedicated to pulling it off, you shouldn't be actively discouraging players from employing it. As I said, I think the concept has merit, I would just like to see it adjusted to be less punishing on those who enjoy and design their builds around stealth play, while still remaining enjoyable for the killer, if such a thing is possible.

• MonsterInMyMindMonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 1,707

Still though stealth can have a impact mid to late game it's not like this change completely cripples this idea and honestly all this means is early game you just play stealthy until the killers finds a survivor there you go you can still technically play stealthy.

• luka2211luka2211 Member Posts: 1,387

@thrawn3054 i never understood what's so fun about stealthing? There is so small amount of interaction between killer and survivor,if there's any tbh at all. Enlighten me

edited February 2020

Yeah i mean its not like you still cant play stealthy early game again the idea is based around an early game interaction so all that means is you just wait until he finds another survivor then you can start your objectives i dont think this really hurts stealth i mean does it punish hiding and not being found yeah but honestly im not against that. The developers have said looping is what the game has become and they have accepted it with all do respect just learn how to pallet loop and there ya go stealth will still be useful throughout the game but if this change is added whispers needs a serious change.

Which still wastes your time in the early game. Your forced to dive at the killer early or lose a massive amount of time. That's not even getting into all the extra toolboxes you would see to counter the early game slow down.

edited February 2020

I mean you are not technically "forced" to run at the killer you can just wait until he finds someone else also Toolboxes are not the biggest problem you can wipe through gens without them you can still have a 2 minute game without them they only increase the speed. Gen times are still a problem.

In regards to the stealth argument just wait until he finds someone else there ya go the generator penalty would be gone you can easily do so and honestly if this was to come into the game id imagine Whispers would need a change so that would reward stealth gameplay even more.

I suppose for me it's the fun of trying to not get seen. The tension of knowing if you are seen you probably can't run to safety in time. To me hiding from the killer gives me more of that horror movie aspect I originally expected from this game. I'm a huge Halloween fan so trying to hide from Myers is great. Especially when you don't see him at first and he's stalking you. Gives me a little jump. Like [BAD WORD] how long have you been there.

Which still leads to alot of wasted time early game.

I've had it happen a couple of times actually. I agree that the killers fun matters. That's why I want a second objective to slow the game and give them time. I just dislike this idea of trying to force interaction.

It's not that people can't loop or play aggressively, it's that they don't enjoy it as much. No one ever claimed that Scott's idea negates stealth completely, only that it punishes it in the early game, which it does. Stealthy players still want to be useful. No one has fun just hiding in the grass in the corner waiting for someone else to get found so they can start being useful.

I'll say it again - it's a good idea, and it has merit, but I think it's a problem that it essentially makes survivors useless until they (or someone else) gets found by the killer. You shouldn't have to go out of your way to contribute to your opponent's objective in order to start making progress on your own.

I mean i dont know about you but about 90% of the stealth players i see hear a heartbeat and waste time running away even if the killer is in a chase with that being said it's not wasted time the thing is it's 4 to 1 you are telling me that the chances of a good looper trying to get the killers attention which would remove the penalty wont happen if you are i completely disagree with you on that.

That's true, but as I explained above, it's also missing the point. Survivors shouldn't have to wait for the killer to start making progress on their objective, or go out of their way to make that happen, before they can make any meaningful headway with their own.

That's a problem with bad stealth players. So many of them don't use their heads. You are right that there will be the games where their is the player that wants to loop gets in chase quickly. Unfortunately a good chunk of those players are bad at looping/think they're better than they are.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 475

But it only requires 1 survivor to end this mode.. the other 3 could still be stealthy.

Read my comments above. The point is that they only have two choices - throw themselves at the killer, or be useless. There is no option to be both stealthy and substantially useful in the early game under this system, and therein lies the problem.