Home Discussions General Discussions

Scott junds gen slowdown video devs look at this

Comments

• BelganPancakeBelganPancake Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2020

the thought of having no blink on early game nurse give me shivers maybe each time a killer uses their power it reduces the timer by 5 or 10 seconds and if the killer does something that affects survivors (like docs static blast and traps) it ends the warm up phase

Edit: oh wait maybe instead of the others not being in a chase getting endurance their aura is revealed for 5 seconds and they are exposed for 15 - 30 seconds so that survivors are encouraged to look for the killer early game so they don’t get the penalty for playing stealthy

Post edited by BelganPancake on

Yes i do find that needing to be in a chase to end the phase is a bad idea for survivor side so to balance it maybe give the other survivors who weren’t found get the “endurance” effect for 20 - 30 seconds so they don’t get injured and the person who was found have the “endurance” effect stay until they get the protection hit. So is it balanced enough for both sides now?

So add a 2 minute timer? Its like end-game collapse but its Pre-Game Build up

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 899

For one chase? So what? This is a really good idea and might add some horror aspect back in to the game as well

• Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

I think you make a good point about how the system could be exploited. SWF especially could exploit this quite easily. And killers who can avoid triggering Chase can get alot of value as well..

• Name_UnavailableName_Unavailable Member Posts: 268

@ScottJund

I don't see a problem with this idea but will it be enough?

This isnt a problem, say you've got 4 blendettes that all just trying to be stealth. If the killer is never able to find one of them, which simply does not happen, they would just have to spend more time on gens and escape. What happens in reality is that even a bad killer will find someone by at most the third gen he hears being worked on, and then the other 2-3 will finish the gens they were on while he gets a down. If this happened without a slowdown at all, 3-4 gens could be done before he even gets a down. It's a minor slowdown to bandaid the problem and make the game less survivor sided. It's actually a really great idea.

i’ve thought of something its like each time you use a power you reduce the timer for 5 seconds each time you use it but i think for continuous powers like these killers maybe a x5 speed boost to the timer

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,306

This isn't much. This doesn't make top tier killers any stronger. Does that mean more changes are still needed because now the top tiers are too weak?

• BingbongbongBingbongbong Member Posts: 194

I don't know it seems like a decent idea but there's a one issue I see that being It punishes solo survivors much more than SWF. A SWF could just nominate the strongest looper to run the killer and end the start up while solo have to either just work on the gens or multiple people end up running towards the killer.

I don't think it'll fix gen times tho, There's plenty of games where you find a survivor quick enough but gens still get done easily thanks to strong loops side by side being able to waste the killers time. It's better than nothing though.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,833

The idea isn't that much different than what I proposed in this thread:

The main difference being the penalty is far higher but ends faster. I think there are pros and cons to each. A 50%+ penalty is so high that survivors might as well not even touch a gen (other than tapping for a second and leaving so killer wastes time searching for a survivor that isn't there). Which one could argue is a good thing. But what are survivors likely to do if gens are pointless at the start of the game? There are a couple options:

1. Destroy totems and search chests for items while playing immersed. (most likely solo queue option)
    2. Have the strongest player(s) in a chase search for and initiate a chase with the killer immediately making the penalty only last a few seconds. (most likely high rank / SWF option)

There are knockdown effects to both of these choices. Hex perks in general will have less value if survivors all actively search for them while playing immersed at the lower tiers. The primary purpose of slowing the game at the start will almost be completely negated at the higher ends.

Would it be better than what we have now? Yes. Absolutely. But is it the best option? I think that is debatable. The option I proposed would be harder to abuse for both sides and would last long enough to provide guaranteed real value to the killer while not being overly frustrating to survivors trying to work generators.

• Dr_TrautsDr_Trauts Member Posts: 688

This wouldnt really help though?

• InnCognitoInnCognito Member Posts: 528

I like the idea. It takes away from the gen Rush. As killer. The gen rush does get to be a pain to deal with. and the only good play. is to slug the first survivor you always strike, or the game shifts too much in favor of survivor.

Running BBQ. - I really despise that perk. Because it becomes very underpowered to very OP. Too much of a dynamic shift for what it could/should be doing.

• If the killer can never stand to hook even one survivor. The perk is useless.
    • If the survivors are all within the terror radius of the killer. IT is useless.
    • When the end-game plays happen. it is too OP. and gives the killer too much information.
  • MiktheSpikMiktheSpik Member Posts: 74

Wow corrupt starting after the warmup. Thats legit one of the stupidest [BAD WORD] ideas ever. How about like gen speed. It goes down twice as slow.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,719

The idea is not intended to have people. Run at the Killer.

He simply mention that as a method to counteract it.

Point of this is mainly to allow a lot of setup Killers to get ready or not have two gens pop out the killers in the process of finding somebody.

That way it's more down to the survivors skill vs. The killer skill on how The game goes because two gens don't get pop before the killer can get any more momentum.

Is it the best system not really? But it's probably the best suggestion I've heard and it's a lot better than the current system we have

• Divinitye9Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

So you want corrupt intervention as a core mechanic? No.

Just shrink down the maps and I can almost guarantee you will see results.

• MiktheSpikMiktheSpik Member Posts: 74

I dont really lile that youre trying to make my points subjective when they arent, like the whole "i feel your exaggerating..." Bit. I mean. I dont care what you feel. Im stating what i predict to happen based on what i know and have experienced.

Secondly, i dont really know why youre advocating this as you said multiple times that "it wont change that much" and how easy it is to counter by survivors. So based on these two things. I dont beleive you mean what you say. Why would you advocate for such a huge game change when youre telling me its super easy to counter. I dont get it.

The problem with stealth gameplay on the survivors part is about the same problem as slow down gameplay when it comes to generators.

When a killer is running a hardcore slow down build. It is not fun to sit on a generator for a good solid. 3 minutes to get it to work.

The same way, it's not fun for a killer to spend a good 3 minutes just walking around the map hoping to Dende that they get lucky enough to bump into the blendette

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 685
    edited February 2020

What if dev discuss something similar like this and they still ignore the great idea?

Stealth gameplay is intended, and don't play killer if you don't like hide and seek.

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,704

I appreciate what he's trying to suggest, but if this was to implemented, se might as well make solo survivors start the trial already on hook.

Never said I didn't like stealth gameplay.

If you actually like to jump off that high horse of yours and talk without being condescending maybe I could have explained that to you.

In essence a lot of gameplay styles are intended doesn't mean people cannot find them annoying.

Slugging is an intended feature. However, if somebody found it annoying. Spouting off don't play survivor if you don't like it is probably the most idiotic thing you could ever do.

Hope this message reaches you from your high horse and hope when you eventually fall down from it. It doesn't hurt too much.

Why should someone play a game they don't like? Also note: "if", it's a word with actual meaning at times.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

You should check out the search function about nurse pre nerf and see that all survivors agreed that stealth is not an option.

• Polychrome_BakuPolychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

The current system allows survivors to make headway on their objective without any killer interaction, i.e., before the killer has gained any ground on theirs. Seems like player agency and choice is only allowed for survivors.

Got it.

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited February 2020

Scott says they would dim the lights in the early phase so there is kind of a buff here? In that regard.

I think it’s something that’s need to be implemented first before stealth is also buffed... i.e. create new perks that’d give a reward in the early game if played stealthily... such as you can do a generator at normal speed and the killer doesn’t know which or maybe that’s added to a current perk like de ja vu.

It’s not possible to add stuff to perks or add perks if the phase isn’t in existence first.

If there is purely 4 stealth survivors in a match and no one intends to show up early to the killer (which most games I imagine would have a survivor willing to do this to cut down the killers preparation) then beating the timer could add some kind of reward but it’s hard to say what aside from blood-points but maybe aura immunity for brief time. As cruel as it could be as a concept - the killers perks could de-activate for a period of time for failing to find anyone.

• CrassardStreamsCrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

So enjoy your stealth play, odds are he's chasing one survivor at a time and if it's not you all the better. If anything this is a good idea because it promote some sort of strategizing. Survivors can chat before a round, killers can't. So you can set up something like a point man (someone who enjoys chases) to purposefully end the early game faster and loop the killer while you guys get gens. This actually opens up so much potential to keep this game fresh and fun going forward.