The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Massive Stuttering only with keyboard and Mouse

Hello guys,so i installed Dbd since i have xbox game pass and discovered a really strange "bug" ..

When i plug my gamepad ,all good ,no framedrops ,5 stars...

But when i tried to play with keyboard and mouse, every click i make with the mouse,it freezes ..its completely unplayable ..

Graphics card updated ,windows updated, doesnt happen in any other game , already started the game as administrator,restarted the computer and tried again without any gamepad plugged in .. changed the poll rate of my mouse... nothing solves this issues....

Any ideas? I mean,to play survivor,i can play with the pad perfectly fine,but to play as a killer, its 100% better with the mouse,and i cant .

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

Do you have any other peripherals plugged in? Like a stream deck, flight stick, etc?

• YoitsMunirYoitsMunir Member Posts: 2
    edited February 12

yo,sorry for the late answear... i only have the common things connected,such as mouse,keyboard,headphones and microphone.. until now i couldnt fix this...

if i play with the gamepad works fine,if i click on mouse,starts stuttering

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

Okay, incoming dumb idea.

Try unplugging anything USB you don't need, so basically just leave the keyboard and mouse (assuming headphones and mic are USB).

Once the game is booted and you're in a match, see if the stuttering is still there. Then try and connect the headset, and then the mic.

If that works, we have a workaround. If not... welp... i'm gonna have to dig for more ideas. :D