The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Sudden drop in FPS , any ideas?

TophatDudeTophatDude Member Posts: 15

Hey there guys, just trying to figure out whats going on with my computer here. Always got a solid 60 fps on DbD until recently. When I noticed it, if I took it out of Fullscreen it would go back to 60 fps, and run well. After researching, I ended up booting to safe mode and uninstalling the drivers with DDU, then reinstalling and it worked. Then after a NVidia update, I find myself in the same situation. DDU doesn't fix it, uninstalling doesn't fix it, playing off of my HDD instead of my SSD doesn't fix it, validating files doesn't.... WHATS GOING ON?

I also have figured out that if I play in windowed mode, and try to launch into a match, but as the map is loading it freezes every time and I have to reboot. In fullscreen mode I can play trials, but it's got the low fps - this makes me think it's a game issue but I'm not certain.

Any ideas guys? Would love to hear anything.

Specs -

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TophatCrusader/saved/#view=N24gJx

Thanks.

Answers

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

Does using DDU to put back the old driver work?

Also what USB devices have you got plugged in? We're noticing freezing issues with USB controllers/headsets/sound systems/stream decks/etc

• TophatDudeTophatDude Member Posts: 15

Going back to the old driver did not work. How should I go about testing if a specific USB plug-in is effecting my FPS? Open it every time I unplug something, or fire it up and slowly unplug things?

I currently have my monitor plugged in to a usb plug as a hub, 2 steam controllers plugged in, a blue yeti microphone, a wireless keyboard, a wired keyboard, and a mouse. The rest of my stuff are connected VIA Bluetooth.

• Lost_in_the_FogLost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 402

I've had the same problem. I have my FPS capped at 90. I was consistently getting over 70 FPS and now since Monday it runs at about 40 FPS. The only way to get it above 60 is to change the graphics to Medium. It really sucks. This game was so beautiful before. It's very disappointing.

• Lost_in_the_FogLost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 402

I had recently updated to Radeon Adrenaline 2020 when my problems started. Found a post on AMD forum warning not to update to that driver because it was tanking FPS on DBD. Uninstalled and went back to previous driver version and still stuck at 40 FPS. This is super annoying.

For Lost_in_the_Fog, did you use DIsplay Driver Uninstaller to do that? Official uninstall methods can leave behind old driver files and cause problems, so I always use DDU now. :)

TophatDude, unplug thecontrollers and blue yeti. We have seen those may cause problems. See if that helps.

Unfortunately that did work either... :(

Ok, this was from one of the devs.

Could you please Win+R "msinfo32"

Software Environment > Windows Error Reporting

search for "XAudio2_7.dll" - and let me know if there are any entries for this?

It's this thread if you wanna add your voice to the freezing issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125644/my-games-freezes-for-no-reason#latest

Searching through the Finder in that segment I cannot find XAudio2_7.dll . I'm not certain I'm doing it right, but I looked through every page and I cant find any entries.

So uh, I installed the DbD Test Server just to see if it worked better on there and POOF - 60 FPS. I removed the server and BOOM - Still 60 FPS. I honestly have no idea what is going on here - All I know is that now DbD is running well. I don't think I've changed anything but a Windows Update. WTF????? @KhaineGB

• forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 97

The only think I can think of is that the PTB version gets rid of anything added to the engine.ini file other than the 2 lines to shut off smoothframes, or that there was a windows update causing some kind of issue.

• forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 97

Also for whoever was mentioning it most XAudio2_7.dll type errors are solved by reinstalling/repairing the June10 directx located by default in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010 by running DXSetup.exe

So weird lol. I'll revive this thread if I have an update