I've recently compiled the majority of the major events related to DBD into a timeline. Do you like it? Do you think all important aspects are included?
I apologize in advance that the image is a bit blurry.
At a glance,
- Ruin wasn't meta in 2016. It didn't work properly until mid-2017 and only started getting used at that point. See Dark Ages, below.
- Nurse completely broke the game on the release, and the traps-under-hook changes/gradual removal of infinites were much more significant events than some of the recent changes that got included
- The Halloween Chapter was a pretty big deal, when the game started to look really serious
- You didn't note the Dark Age, following Flesh and Mud, where the map, killer, and perks were all bad to mediocre, and the first time a BHVR released a lousy chapter after it looked like they could do no wrong. The game was an all-around mess at that point and, for once, actually looked like it might die.
-There has NOT been any noteworthy decline in players following ST, just the usual ebb and flow of players that always happens after new chapter releases. Same thing goes for 'Early 2018'. You could just as easily put the same thing at every single point on the timeline. People are always complaining.
- Off the top of my head, other important milestones left out were Legacy cutoff, the L4D update, and 1st Doc Rework.
- Also, I don't think any DBD timeline is complete without some of MCote's greatest hits. (e.g. "Infinites: just a mindgame" "You have to be SOO good to pull off anything resembling "infinite" jukes...")
I will never forget when dead by daylight was so bad and borderline unplayable for killers that mathieu cote had to make an apology stating that complaints and concern were handled poorly, killers weren’t having fun and were frustrated, and practically begged for players to stay or come back.
That is one of the best moments in dbd history.
One thing I would say, that's on the November 2019 timeline - I just want to make it clear that there was no breach of data at this time. I don't want anyone to start to panic that they've had a Data Breach, nothing affected anyone's data from this forum.
Its still alpha.
I think you should have added the first Doctor changes. Release doctor was such a mess and I really enjoy telling people new to the game about him because of all the killers he's by far changed the most from his original design.