Home Discussions General Discussions
Hit Validation has been re-enabled. This time around, it will be left on indefinitely.
For more information, see this blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185864

Who’s your killer main and why?

Comments

• AdvorsusAdvorsus Member Posts: 117

Doctor is the first one I really picked up and played consistently. I enjoyed his power and his laugh after shocking people. Then picked up clown because I really wanted PGTW, and just enjoyed his laughing mechanic as well. Then picked up Legion. Those are the 3 I play the most now. It used to be Doctor Hag and Freddy, but I got tired of playing around totems as hag and I just randomly stopped using Freddy one day.

• CoderCoder Member Posts: 601

All Seeying lery's or hawkins is a powerful and fun build.

• DoudouDoudou Member Posts: 36
    edited February 10

I have switched mains through the years. Started as Trapper, then Hag, then Pig, and then almost Legion. Legion's nerfs were too much for me so, I went back to Pig. My reason for maining any killer is how much fun I can get out of them win or lose.

• MysticMusicianMysticMusician Member Posts: 139

I mainly play survivor, but I think my favorite killers to play are legion and huntress. I’ve been playing plague a little bit because I bought the DLC mainly for Jane.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I don't really have a main, but it used to be Clown. Deep down I feel like he's still ma boi.

Hoping he gets the Doctor treatment. You know he's bad when McLean flat out refuses to play him on stream.

• ninjamediness64ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 125

Used to be Freddy, but I find his rework kind of boring actually. At least he's an actual killer though.

Now it's definitely Oni. I haven't had that much fun playing killer in a long time.

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 525

Michael Myers, aka The Shape, aka The Boogeyman.

He is the reason I bought Dead by Daylight in the first place. I just have a lot of fun stalking survivors, and get a certain thrill of just watching a survivor and suddenly they are just scrambling for their lives like a chicken with their head cut off to try and not allow me to gain tiers in Evil Within. I also really enjoy the movie Halloween, it's my favorite horror movie of all time, and I watch it every Halloween.

I also play some Ghostface, Freddy, Demogorgon, and some Legion. Though I'm slowly thinking about learning to play Leatherface. Though I kind of wish the devs gave him, and maybe his add-ons a bit of a rework. He just feels really boring.

• LaBPedroLaBPedro Member Posts: 17

Spirit is my main killer, although I try to use different ones.....been on trapper for a few days, but also tried wraith and clown.

Idea for a new killer is one that fires fireballs so you catch fire and leave scorch marks on the ground as you are running, vision obscured by flames (somewhat like the clowns disorientation effect). You have to keep moving to get the flames to go out, otherwise it gradually kills you. Sounds a bit OP though.

• RedCloudRedCloud Member Posts: 3

Does anyone main Hag after ruin nerf? I feel like I havent played against her a single time since.

• HealsBadManHealsBadMan Member Posts: 352

Just cause Ruin is her teachable don't mean Hag mains are gone. Just swap it for another slowdown perk and she's still tricky.

• AdvorsusAdvorsus Member Posts: 117

I used to play her a lot. I stopped before the ruin nerf. Mostly because of levelling other killers, and practicing them, but also because I'm in higher ranks. In low ranks, she's a lot of fun and can scare new people. High ranks though she's easily countered and most survivors know how. So you end up with a slow killer and a power that you don't get much real use out of, makes it kinda boring. But with the right perks and adds she call still dominate.

• scarslookgoodscarslookgood Member Posts: 157

Doc has always been my main and my favorite. I'm not good at him, but he's the most natural for me to use (for some reason), and the most fun -- even more so since his changes. It's nice to move at a steady rate and I like thinking about how and when to use static blast versus a standard static field.

I first picked him (and picked him first) because I love his aesthetic, his cosmetics, and the sound when he laughs. Too bad I'm terrible at playing Killer!

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,378

I dont have any mains, but the killers I have been enjoying the most are

• Legion
    • Demo
    • Doctor
  • gunglegungle Member Posts: 33

At the moment I main trapper because of the archive challenges. I didn't find out about the archive challenges until like a month of playing so I'm behind most people. If there weren't trapper challenges then I would probably be playing Mike Myers. I have been playing pretty good at trapper and ranking up my killer rank and the trapper rank. So I play trapper.

• CabbageCabbage Member Posts: 327

Huntress, Demogorgon and Pig. They're all really unique and I love them.

• MarcavecuncMarcavecunc Member Posts: 1,203

Lately? Pig and Huntress, mostly. Have both maxed out, every perk unlocked.

I played a lot of Nurse, Myers and Legion, too, though. All three at prestige 3 with the perks I care for leveled up. I should get back to playing Nurse more, she was fun to play, stopped leveling her once I got all the perks I cared for and moved on to leveling someone else.

• Rmgaming98275Rmgaming98275 Member Posts: 14

I used to main pig because I loved her at the time. But I moved to spirit after buying her legacy skin/Halloween I loved mind gaming and hitting survivors without seeing them. Makes me feel oddly satisfied. I usually run these perks [Save the best for last,pop,thrilling tremors,iron grasp]

• SpirezSpirez Member Posts: 568

Bubba to facecamp toxic survivors. He’s also just my favorite overall even before I got the game.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,165

I play a lot of spirit but she’s just a place holder for nurse when they increase sensitivity on console (yes I do play nurse a good bit to)

• JoelwinoJoelwino Member Posts: 546

The Spirit is one of the main reasons I got into the game, from her power to her amazing design to the amount of emotion she displays as opposed to every other killer who is either smiling, growling or wearing a mask. The other killers I like to play are the Pig, the Doctor, and maybe the Nurse since she was my first killer (I know, bad choice for your first killer) but I still suck at her and pray every day for higher sensitivity on consoles.

• HailohHailoh Member Posts: 80

I haven't really decided on a main yet to be honest. The only killers I've played a fair amount of have been Trapper, Hag, Bubba, Wraith, Legion and Doc. Out of all of them, I probably enjoyed Legion or Doc the most.

I've been having a lot of (guilty) fun with Spirit recently, though. Overall, I'd lean towards Legion, though.

• IFeelFantasticIFeelFantastic Member Posts: 66

Freddy and Ghostface.

I love Freddy because he was always my favorite horror villain, and I like Ghostface because of his ability to both sneak and move quickly.

• KaijuKaiju Member Posts: 415

Spirit doesn't have to do anything with mindgames it's just pure guess

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 2,176

Demogorgon, but if they ever add another monster like a Xenomorph or something that too.

• MrjuiceMrjuice Member Posts: 94
    edited February 11

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 481

Still waiting for the right killer, so no main yet.

Currently I like Plague and Oni the most, but honestly I don't feel like any of the existing killers are "right up my alley" enough for me to really want to get invested in them and play them a bunch

I want to like Leatherface and Clown, but uh... well, you know. I guess I like the concept more than the execution, to put it nicely.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,027

Spirit because she is a strong killer, her power is fun to use, and she is sexy AF. Plus her whole kit fits with my preferred tactics (hit and run, mind games, high pressure/aggression).

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,851

@Kaiju

You realize that mindgames are guessings? xD That is the whole point about mindgames.

• AllMyLemonsAllMyLemons Member Posts: 62
    edited February 11

Oink!

Pig is my favourite. She looks cool. Has stealth ability and you can slowdown gens if the traps have good rng so i dont use any gen slowdown perks.

Wraith is another fun one. Again i like stealth. Easy first hits on maps where they cant see you coming.

I used to main hag for long but i got bored to it.