The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

After the doc rework and ruin rework what role do you currently play the most of now?

DepressedNurseMainDepressedNurseMain Member Posts: 229

After the doc rework and ruin rework what role do you currently play the most of now? 46 votes

Survivor main.
23%
FoggyDownpourGibberishHoodiedUnnamed_FreakGrootDudeLittleLiamSebaOutbreakYanthegamer558HazDaBoiBigTimeGamerDepressedNurseMain 11 votes
Killer main.
30%
SnakeSound222PandomTheButcher12Photos94VSLlPennosukeYung_SlugFilledPizzaBingbongbongkidmaxxAzgarthusOkorushane32Larikal 14 votes
Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
34%
Techn0LordFireFistSlaughterhouse3Doddle28AxX7891Boosted_DwighttoxicmeggAwakeyAhoyWolfBrucecastro81SeeYoureWrongMattie_MayhemOGHappy2Heal4Youhex_genrushTactless_Ninjajust_ale0 16 votes
I main Nea.
10%
arslaNDoc_W__HOLLIDAYTheRockstarKnightMert_MKKai6864 5 votes

Comments

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 2,190
    edited February 11
    I main Nea.

I actually DO main Nea.

PS: I still play Doctor though, now that he's good!

Lots of killers need buffs though. Clown is straight DOGshit, so is Legion, Hag, Leatherface, etc.

Post edited by Doc_W__HOLLIDAY on
  • HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 8,825
    Survivor main.

Sadly, I used Ruin to have fun instead of hearing a gen pop in a few seconds while I run a meme build

After Ruin got nerfed, I have no fun as killer anymore, I don't play competitively as that makes a game very boring...which is why I play survivor as it is the easy role right now

• BingbongbongBingbongbong Member Posts: 120
    Killer main.

Still play more Killer just less of the Game overall.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 188
    Survivor main.

played both consistently before

now I just play survivor since it’s easier and less stressful to begin with and ruin changed made it even easier to hold M1

havent played lately because of it, game has 0 difficulty if you are semi competent in looping

• DepressedNurseMainDepressedNurseMain Member Posts: 229
    Survivor main.

Yea I have also made the switch to survivor, I still do killer challenges and dailies, but I mostly play survivor when previously I had played both roles pretty much equally. I just got Feng Min to P3 lvl 50 and I am trying to get head on to complete the perks I need for some of the fun builds as survivor. (I recently got Inner Strength and I love it).

Survivor main.

Hopefully the new ranking system will make your games more enjoyable when it comes out.

Survivor main.

It's definitely a lot more fun than playing killer most of the time, I can't say I blame you for switching as gen times always seem to make games a lot more stressful and the just play like you want to lose excuse isn't enjoyable for me at all and kind of makes killer pointless imo as I had fun playing competitively.

Survivor main.

True true and that's good you still play killer, he is pretty fun, though hopefully they do think about making the tiering down at tier 3 reset each time they stop because people can 99 it.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 2,178
    Killer main.

I still play Killer. Doctor is great! I never used Ruin on him so the change didn't really affect my playstyle.

• Mellow7Mellow7 Member Posts: 532

Neither, both sides aren't fun right now. survivors queues are garabge and you gotta sweat every killer game unless you get some not so great survivors.

• LarikalLarikal Member Posts: 21
    edited February 12
    Killer main.

I play a little more killers, new ruin suits way better to my playstyle, where i dont tunnel someone till death, but if i see i cant win chase i go for gens where i know someone is working on them, so the ruin pop and every second it gets better and better. When there are only 3 gens left i can hold the game for eternity, until ruin get destroyed. Combine that with hex : thrill of the hunt and who need other perks? To make it even more "combo" we can also add hex : devourer of hope, and pop the weasel. We got everything we ever need on killers with good mobility around map like freddy, demogorgon, nurse, or others :P

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 701
    edited February 12
    I main Nea.

I still prefer Killer, but I main Nea when I play Survivor.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 1,396
    Killer main.

I can still spook people, and that's all that really matters.

Though I haven't actually played the game in like a week.

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 174
    Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

I typically like playing survivor and even have a main with every perk (Jeff needs more cosmetics), but each killer is like playing a different game mode. Plus I'd rather P3 every killer than every survivor simply because they're all samey. Also killer queues are instant.

Playing each role also gives insight on how to play the other better. Loops, what to do in certain situations, what not to do.

The Ruin change didn't effect me. Never use it or Noed, and the one time I did it was all salty messages. I like the idea of gen pressure without the need to kick it, but it seems like nothing can work around a fully coordinated team. Besides, number one complaint in Ruins prime was it lasted only 30 seconds. Don't miss it.

Doc rework made him into a beast. He's definitely rewarding to play, even if he loses a match.

• Yanthegamer558Yanthegamer558 Member Posts: 42
    Survivor main.

i'm a survivor main 75% of the time

Survivor main.

To be clear with you guys, I am looking to see which role you play over 50% of the time so if you played survivor 60%+ of the time i'd consider you were a survivor main, though you can main both I was looking to see if people started playing which role more, not that they exclusively played killer or survivor.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,750
    Survivor main.

Hag is actually pretty good though, she has good anti-loop ability if played correctly.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 2,190
    I main Nea.

I happen to find her traps rather easy to bait. You can set them off mid chase and if you play it right, you can easily mindgame her.

Not to mention all high level players knows to abandon the loop when they see her placing traps. But I recently found out that you really don't even have to.

I'll have to show you next time we play together!

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,750
    Survivor main.

I know her counters as well but I’ve also faced really good hag players who know how to deal with these counters.

• HazDaBoiHazDaBoi Member Posts: 58
    Survivor main.

mainly survivor now was both but killer can be hard these days