The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

My friends game keeps crashing and we need help.

Since 3 months the game of a good friend of mine keeps crashing. On some days, her game crashes up to 8 times. We normally ignored the issue because we didnt knew what to do, but now we definitly need to address the issue because of the disconnection penalties. She told me, that she already tried a lot of Things, but Nothing worked so far (I don't know exactly what she already tried). If you have any idea on how to solve this Problem, I would really appreciate your help. This is the message, she gets after her game crashes: Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver Nvidia windows kernel mode driver, version 301.42 stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Answers

• fengsadfengsad Member Posts: 71

Try running it in windowed mode and turn off adjust resolution.

• NICK714NICK714 Member Posts: 36

Nvidia has drivers version 442.19, the 301 is too old, update drivers

• fleshboxfleshbox Member Posts: 348
    edited February 13

Start off with a complete refresh of the OS. Back up all old data and files you want to keep first.

Then install the OS. Motherboard drivers and M$ Updates as well as anything else you might need such as MS redistribs, DOT Net, drivers. As little as possible at first. Just enough to get the machine up and running as well as up to date.

Then install the game. Then see if the problem persists. I suspect that the windows OS is in a bad shape.

EDIT...301 version nvidia driver? They are on 442 now. This is most likely the cause.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

I'd definitely try a driver update. That's REALLY old.