The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Remove DC penalty

Honestly, I get the whole point of trying to reduce dcing; however having it will not discourage people from dcing. People will still DC. And chances are you'll be losing people more and more. People dc because killers camp, or killers wanna Dodge lobbies/teams because they feel they can't win a match. There's zero penalty for killers that slug and/ soft camp/camp. As it is of someone tries to save a survivor, the killer can yank them off in seconds, meanwhile its like a slow cut scene to get a survivor off the hook.

In all honesty, all that the ban is doing is encouraging toxic gameplay such as trolling, camping, tunneling and farming. People will still DC.

Comments

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 26

I don't understand how the ban is encouraging toxic gameplay. BM Killers does camp and tunnel all the time, and they don't do that more often because of DC ban. If you want to DC, then DC and take your penalty, while you not in the mood to play the game.

• FibijeanFibijean Member, Trusted Posts: 5,991

Camping and tunneling aren't toxic, they're strategies. Just not particularly fun strategies.

And it's not true that penalising something doesn't disincentivise people from doing it, nor should we neglect to punish people for doing the wrong thing just because some people will do it anyway. Imagine if we applied that logic to laws in real life.

• n000b51n000b51 Member Posts: 36
    edited February 15

"People dc because killers camp, or killers wanna Dodge lobbies/teams because they feel they can't win a match."

@Nyxis_Fier : and the only guilties for this bad behaviour are the managers & developpers because they openly disapprove & try to eliminate with camping BP sanctions when killer stay too close to the hooked survivor. We all clearly see now how useful this sanction is for survivors and how the killer's behaviour are today ingames.

Very good, "pretty job so far" again, best games of our life !

@Fibijean : if camping & tunneling are killer's strategies, DC & camping are survivor's strategies as well.

Killer as you just make me a lot of laugh when some of your kind of players to lecture others about "camping strategy". How noob are you campers to buy a game to stand on the same place ? What the point ? Don't have you something else to do ? Are you even aware playing Barbie's and Majorettes for kiddies are more "active" game contrary to the way you pretend to play ???

It is another absurd behaviour as only an absurd game can openly show to the public.

edited February 15

Camping as a survivor would be a strategy, I suppose, although I'm not really sure how you'd do that.

It's debatable whether DCing for strategic reasons is a legitimate play or not. Personally, I would say no, since DCing is quitting the game, not playing it, and the developers seem to agree.

EDIT: I didn't realise that last bit was also directed towards me. I'm not even close to being a killer main, as you would know if you did your research before trying to discredit my argument on that basis, but nice try. Nor do I camp when I play killer, I just don't demonise those who do. The rest is just blatant insult, so I'm going to go ahead and ignore it.

• n000b51n000b51 Member Posts: 36
    edited February 15

I supposed you was playing this way as killer because you was defending killer gameplay by this single sentence.

You can ignore my message if you are upset by these simple but true words, but you can't go ahead about DbD since this game is already on bottom of the wall and I'm convinced you already know that.

Still in games, behaviours can break rules & things. DbD is the best example.

• WilliamzWilliamz Member Posts: 114

Absolutely and completely disagree.

Every problem you listed is a skill based issue. "Slug and soft camp, camp" these are counterable by first identifying it, playing objective, using the correct perks to counter and most importantly be willing to trade yourself for the hooked person who may be about to enter struggle state or death.

First off, slugging can be dealt with a number of perks but more specifically, Unbreakable. Camping is dealt with by pushing gens while someone waits for the opportunity to take the trade on the hook before a hook phase ends. Taking Kindred will help massively if you are a solo player or even in a swf, I run this every game as survivor as it's an S tier perk with the amount of information you get off this alone.

Trading yourself for the hooked teammate before their struggle state is an advantageous play. If you have BT this can help massively if the rescued player can take the hit in protection of the rescuer and can even body block the hook if the killer picks up the rescuer instantly.

If the killer is sitting very close to the hook they are most likely looking for a grab in that case and you need to get to hook about half way before the hook phase end state and keep feinting the rescue animation, just keep doing it constantly until he hits you as he will be pressured in that situation and then take the rescue. Don't go over the half way point of the progress bar and you wont be grabbed.

If the killer is slugging during the end game when all survivors are down and not finishing it this a game hostage situation which should be recorded, reported in-game (put your name in the report) and then sent to bhvr customer support service (including your name again to trace) using their player report under ticket support service on their site.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 830

If you want explanations: Hooking survivors near 99ed gens kinda forces killer to camp, BBQ and Thrilling can give you even more information that "camping" might be a good idea then, so do scratchmarks and stupid survivors revealing themselves by any other ways. That's about camping "strategy"

You are probably talking about facecamping for no reason. And that, as said in like 100 other threads, should force the survivors to rush gens to punish the killer behavior. People complain about NOED rewarding bad killers? So does DCing. Hang in there to give your team the time needed to finish the game and flame in chat as you like, when you need it. But don't DC

• Nyxis_FierNyxis_Fier Member Posts: 50

Camping and tunneling aren't strategies. They're cheap ways of getting high points and beating the game faster. Which 9/10 the killer walks away with 13k.

And this isn't real life it's a game. Lmao It's one thing of you're cheating and another when you're trying to have a fair match but can't because you keep getting toxic killers. It draws people away in the end which loses customer/gamers.

Whether in a game or real life, the laws of common courtesy still apply.

• OrangeJackOrangeJack Member Posts: 181

Just let them hook you and move on to the next game ????

Eitherway I seriously doubt there's been an increase in killers camping/tunnelling you.

Just another serial dcer whining.

• SiveriousSiverious Member Posts: 11
    edited February 15

There actually has been an increase I'm bm killers doing whatever they want because of the simple fact that you can't leave now unless you want to be penalized for it I was watching her stream last night and she got 3 games back to back with the killers just slugging everyone right off the bat they didnt make an effort to hook anyone til they were absolutely sure that everyone had been downed for good yeah much fun gameplay, then the last three killers completely tunneled her they saw other survivors even some tried to take a hit for her and the killers ignored them and only went for her til she was dead, so you saying there hasn't been an increase in this kind of crap is completely false

They are NOT skilled based. Slugging, tunneling and camping is a cheap way to end game fast. Yeah I can be identified, it's obvious as hell. How can anyone play and complete objective when the killer keeps coming by every min? There isn't even a trade yourself for them. Lol point for a survivor is to survive as a killer is to kill. Camping, tunneling and slugging is just a cheap and toxic way of going bout it this making the game less fun. Which is why people leave.

The other massive problem is, there's way too many hooks. There's one like a feet away from the other an so fourth. There's no need. I never go to the half way mark, and they still grab me off. Lol

I do report. But the main issue is when they slug in the beginning, zero gens done. I see it more in the beginning then in the end. Last night I did have a match where end game all was slugged. He soft camped and stood by his noed.

Lmao I see it happen 8/10 of my matches. I don't whine I'm simply stating for the general. I see people talk about it on FB as well and share videos of campers,tunneling And slugging. And yeah there has been a significant amount of toxicity increase.

Normally I don't DC. With a ban or not it won't stop me from dcing. Especially when there's a toxic killer not allowing anyone to game. No point in it. Lmao it'll just encourage me to play another game as it has been for many others.

So nice try.