The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Make it so you can see other player's ping in the lobby.

As the devs said in their hitboxes live stream, the killer's client is the one who decides whether or not hits connect, so killers with [BAD WORD] internet worsten the experience, but as a survivor there is no way of telling if the killer has good internet or not.

Killers with high ping end up creating hits like these.

I checked their steam profile and it said this person was from china (I live the in the US). Why am I being matched with someone with this high ping? There is an argument to be made that maybe this person wouldn't have been able to get a match if players could see their ping, but if making a match for this person means ruining everyone else's game experience then this person is SOL. They're just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it.

For the sake of fairness everyone in the lobby should be able to see the pings of ALL other players, survivors should see the killers and each others. The killer should see all the survivors.

Comments

• OhnoesOhnoes Member Posts: 120

No they should just make it so there is a ping lock and the only way to bypass it is SWF. VPN will still bypass but that's not really on DBD unless some data centers are worse than others.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 570

I don't care for this either way but I still think there should be a ping indicator that way you can tell if the killer has bad internet.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 977
    edited February 16

they're planning on creating things that predict the survivors' next moves to make it a bit more fair. (i doubt it'll work). i don't think they'll do this anytime soon.