Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How do I counter dead hard?

FlatskullFlatskull Member Posts: 332
edited April 10 in General Discussions

I keep running into dead hard and they will ABSOLUTELY never use it until I am directly infront of the closet where I can start a search. I've tried baiting in multiple ways and it rarely ever works. It's purely luck if the survivor panics. Problem is loads of areas have such safe zones where I have to give up chase, allowing dead hard to reset.

Then rinse and repeat watching dead hard start a pallet tour for me or let them get such distance from me I might as well give up any hope of gen pressure even if I absolutely kill the chase itself. For killers than can 1 down I find this is less of an issue but those that can't the stun assures attrition. Is this the new version of old DS where the only "counter" is to bring enduring?

Or am I doing something wrong.

EDIT: I meant to type Head on. I'm such an idiot. Countering dead hard is easy...ish. No more posting while I got this head flu for me. Sorry guys.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• CheersCheers Member Posts: 3,426

Play an instant down killer :p

No injury, no dead hard.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,703
    edited February 2020

Play killers with exhaustion add ons, aka clown or huntress. That stops it.

Mindbreaker will stop it about 2% of the time.

Baiting the dead hard by just getting close works most of the time for me. A lot of people use it to dodge a hit, not to make distance in a loop.

If they use it to get into pallet City, sometimes you just need to take the loops, in two cases I can think of.

1) Endgame, one or two left, you take the loops.

2) If you're trying to get a 3/4 gen strat, then taking a long chase in that area early on is very beneficial because not only will you then have your 3/4 gen later, but it'll also be a dead zone.

EDIT: From re-reading your post im pretty sure you meant Head On (Jane Romero). At this point, uh.

1) Bait. Walk backwards and forwards. Survivors panic and you'll get the hit.

2) Take the stun. It's 3 seconds, one of which is the survivors animation getting out of the locker. It's not that difficult.

It's also situational because it required a locker.

Who am I kidding, Head On best perk.

• ClocksoClockso Member Posts: 853

If a survivor runs dead hard then find them and destroy their E button on the keyboard

• StardustSpeedwayStardustSpeedway Member Posts: 829

Once you know someone has it, just get close and let them waste it. Then you'll get the hit easily. If they use it to get through a pallet, then get rid of the pallet. The more you get rid of, the less places survivors have of using.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,165

Quote: "I keep running into dead hard and they will ABSOLUTELY never use it until I am directly infront of the closet where I can start a search."

Do you mean Head On?

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

You're describing head on here. And you'll probably get hit by it the first time every time but then it's just remembering that they have the perk and to play differently. Head on is the most counterable exhaustion perk, just bait it out when you know they have it. Now if you were actually talking about dead hard you would've been absolutely justified in your question because there's nothing you can do to survivors who skillfully dead hard for distance to a pallet or window. It's very fun and not bs at all.

• deolliedeollie Member Posts: 168

Just wait for them to use it, and then actually make a hit. Basically fool them into thinking you're going to swing, but don't.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

I think he means Head On. Eat the stun, they now have exhaustion and can't use other exhaustion perks, if they are running others. It is 3 seconds and not hard to recover from. I rarely have someone HO me where I don't get them down anyways.

• xeravxerav Member Posts: 392

Its just a 3sec stun (enduring does not work btw) on a high cd which requires em to not run. Just take the hit (you can attack the locker and hope you trade).

• Flarefire_XxFlarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

Iron maiden when they are inner strength, head on users. Lol

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,260

Your best bet is to bait it out. But if your facing optimal survivors than there's nothing you can do since they'll only use it to get to the next loop

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,510

Just wait for it, then hit

• LordCyphreLordCyphre Member Posts: 194

Pretend to leave, then smack them when they come out.

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 2,178

If you're playing a decent speed killer, you can approach from the side and vacuum to the closet if you're quick enough.

• mike4156mike4156 Member Posts: 222
    edited February 2020

bait out the dead hard, get close to their back and dont swing

This discussion has been closed.