Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.6.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Do you think Deathslinger’s power justifies him being slower?

As we see with Huntress, Hag, Nurse, and Spirit, having a slower movement speed usually comes with a strong power which would be arguably overpowered if they were at regular movement speed instead. Do you think this holds true with Deathslinger, or do you think he should be changed to normal speed like Legion was?

Obviously he was just released to PTB and we should take time to learn him, but first impressions are important as well, and I’m curious what yours are.

Comments

• Techn0Techn0 Member Posts: 367

Yes for chase, his chase is great even at 110.

No for pressure, he's 110 with no mobility and that's a gigantic nono.

Would have been perfect for a killer at 112.5 or something tbh.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,487

Yes

• Scgamecock86Scgamecock86 Member Posts: 473
    edited February 18

110% is going to be hell on them short loops, but I haven't watched enough yet to really judge.

• SatelitSatelit Member Posts: 195
    edited February 18

I think 112.5% would be good for him,not Huntress slow but not regular M1 killer speed because he does have range.

However the harpoon needs more range it's too short rn IMO.

• Steve0333Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

He should be normal movement speed. The four killers with slower movement speed can create huge amounts of pressure.

Hag can be multiple places at once. Survivors are basically forced to crouch the entire game or risk setting off one of her traps.

Huntress can hit survivors from anywhere on the map. A good huntress is hell to go against.

Spirit and nurse while their base speed is slower have powers that can make them move faster than any other killer.

While deathslinger has a long range attack it cant create the type of pressure the huntress's hatchets can since you actually have to wheel the survivors in so you have to be somewhat close to the survivor when you hit them. He's good in one to one chases but cant create enough map pressure to justify a slower speed.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,575

Spirit, Nurse, and Hag all have mobility via their power. They can be on the other side of the map basically whenever they want to.

Huntress can at least pressure the other side of the map with her hatchets. Her movement speed should be determined on how many hatchets she has left (a 1% increased for every hatchet she lost).

Deathslinger seems like he’s good in a chase but he has no map pressure like other 110% killers. His range also isn’t very long. I believe it’s longer than Plague’s range though.

Decently strong in a chase but he’s going to be brutal to play on maps like Red Forest.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,317
    edited February 18

110 with no mobility at his attack range means he can't be competitive. I just don't see how the math works for him with these absurd map sizes if survivors aren't afk. Plus, unless I'm greatly misunderstanding his power, he can't down anyone from a healthy state. I'd like to see his power changed to apply the Broken status until downed if he reels in and M1s a healthy survivor. Deep Wound is an inconsequential mechanic and needs to go away.

• cetruzzocetruzzo Member Posts: 323

Isn't the shot range 18 m? Anyway gl hitting any half decent surv at that range with the amount of obstacles around, even if you hit the probability they'll break free is enormous

• Seltas0208Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

In his current state. Not at all.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

He has a higher skill level, but map design screws him. If maps were balanced, he might actually be able to become the best killer, if someone masters him fully. But map design makes him kinda bad.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Exactly. He'd be amazing with a few buffs and all the maps being properly balanced, though. I say the devs give him a buff to keep him viable, a huge one, fix all the maps, and then nerf him if he becomes a problem, which he probably wont.

• MiniPixelsMiniPixels Member Posts: 355

I've played five games with him so far, and I would say so, yes! My only worry is his play on different maps because of mass obstacles in between you and the survivor.

• GamingHulk123GamingHulk123 Member Posts: 244
  • Starr43Starr43 Member Posts: 250

I’m only a few minutes into an Otz video but The DeathSlingers power looks like so much fun.

The survivor heal trade perk is probably going to be something I’ll run.. fits my “try to save everyone” style.. usually lol

• Primalux135Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

What ive seen is that if you hit with the harpoon sometimes doesnt apply deep wound status.So... Yeah you just got an harpoon on ur chest and walks like nothing happened?

For me it should :

-110% speed.

-harpoons allow to drag survivors outside pallets.

-If you hit a survivor with harpoon its sure deep wound status to survivor. If i hit with huntress it get injured so at least survivors should be injured.

-If you lure a survivor to you with harpoon and hit it its instadown it

• th3th3 Member Posts: 435

Increase his range without increasing his speed, also so it makes his 1 shot addons more effective

• WeckWeck Member Posts: 3,352

From watching. I think it's fine.

Gotta play to be sure

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,575

I agree that his skill level is higher than Spirit or Hag. Still think he’s a bit more “noob-friendly” than Huntress.

I agree with what you said though about map design is brutal to him, just like Huntress.

Best killer if maps were smaller though? Ehhh. Spirit and Nurse would still arguably be the strongest.