Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.6.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

after a full day playing deathslinger this is my balance.

First of all a shooting killer idea after huntress was already on sight some years ago, but his power is too simple but stills fun to be honest.

In all my matches today generators was popping like hell so gen pressure he dont have, thats strange cause i remember devs saying after freddy rework that they were aiming that every new killer would have some way to pressure the map and the gunslinger didnt have any.

doctor had the zone shock

freddy teleport

demogorgon too.

many people are comparing the deathslinger with huntress and legion and yeah when you guys say that he looks like a weaker version of already released killers i can only agree.

To fix his lack of pressure i say that he needs a "'bayonette rush", a 60 seconds ability that makes he rush foward with higher speed downing people in front of him.

Pros : instadown, will be charged after a chase probably (chases takes like 60 seconds using his ability), will not have a stun against object, his terror radius will be decreased by 8.

Cons: Low side turns(only enough to not stay in objects like trees when running), can be stunned by a pallet, does not break pallets, takes time to enter in the rush (3,5 seconds).

Now after his gen pressure being fixed he inst bad like the clown.

His terror radius is too high reduce it by 4.

Move speed can be increased by 2 or 3 he is a joke in chases.

The most part of 4 kills i got was because of slugging the gens was too fast and the chases with him was too slow, fast chases would put pressure on survivors and i think that was the devs idea but didnt worked cause you need to do the ability grab hit trick 2 times to down someone and chasing 110 speed is slow so he is worst than huntress on this point cause her hatchet at least hurts when you hit and you can down people with that.

Slugging inst fun for anyone please think carefully about my demands.

The new ability needs to be weak and only for mobility getting downed by her should be a meme.

Dont say that people need to learn the character when playing nurse for a day you will get pretty much more deadly than playing him for a day, and if you wait a release to fix this things it will take a lot of time that people that already buyed the dlc will get unsatisfacted like when the ghostface was released or the ruin changes.

OBS: survivors already doing well against him normally gets 3 escapes.

Comments

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 6,782

Doesn’t he have 2 perks that are meant to help with gen pressure?

• PatchNoirPatchNoir Member Posts: 357

yep, but the problem is the chase shot hit then stab. it takes too much time to do that cause

*you need to hit the shot

*need to pull the chain when you are on the same side of the pallet that the survivor

*need to shot in a window

*do this 2x (you have no free first hit cause your Terror Radius is pretty big and the killer is slow as hag).

His chase capacity is slower than a clown chase, i dare to say that is like the clown chase speed before the bottles have a hindered effect by default.

So when you find the person doing gens with his perk if that person healed it will be a pretty long chase, if not a normal chase.

If the person is with someone while you are in a chase the gen pop, if you stop to kick the gen before chase you will lost too much time because his speed is low.

I hope you try to get my point.

I know that making perks combo will fix his lack of gen pressure like using PGTW (my favorite perk), but not everyone has all dlcs, and all killers should have someway of pressure on basekit

What range is his Spear?

Can it hit survivors outside of his 24m TR?

I used the word “help” I.e. “assist”, not “do their job for them”

the spear has a pretty long range but it depletes if the survivor got behind a object, as a tall killer they will see you a mile away, besides that people already stay at the safest side of the gen, if you luckily land a spear she will be coliding with a object and will break stunning you, will break before you get the survivor close and stun you + giving the survivor a mend or you will miss the shot or they will avoid it.

the most lucky cenario will be a stun to you and a mending to them, if you dont miss and reload while they run.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 911
    edited February 19

Spirit, Billy, and Nurse can easily 4k with 0 perks

the same cannot be said for others and after playing today, I can say the same for the new killer

I got Thompson House, the fence loops are still unbelievably strong, at least Huntress can down you at them His power is cool, but its pretty weak honestly.

bro youre welcome, actually this is the best thread i ever had on the forum, normally i get cursed or deal with "i want the huntress to sit in my face" kind of comment

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 362

If you snipe someone twice, why does the 2nd one do literally zero damage if they dropped a pallet or were able to break the chain? it's silly

it's not like he's shooting beach balls.. the 2nd hit should down same as huntress' hatchets.

yep the overkill pyramid right there. The fun killers are to weak to play sadly and i want to avoid that, everykiller should have a basekit strong enough to play the game without perks, by running across the map faster or being deadly in chases to pressure.

the devs are failing to do deadly chasers killer then the lack of mobility isnt compensated.

perks are complements of the game not the reason to make the killer work

sadly the huntress still have the problem with tall boxes on iron works of misery, their hatchets always hit the box and if the survivor crouch you will never land a hit, besides that there is a loop with tall boxes that get 110 killers stuck that you cant hit survivors even with bloodlust.

i got 3 matches there today with the huntres and that box loop is overkill, you cant even mindgame it or mindgame a hatchet. She could be taller to avoid that box or be able to throw the hatchet not Y angle but X angle to bypass some objects hitboxes

Maybe doing a gun overheating mechanic + reloading to make this balanced, or giving you a iron ball shot that inflicts damage after you hit sucefully a spear shot, so the killer would have 2 kinds of ammo but would need to work for the second one

• EdysEdys Member Posts: 798

Well I suppose it's something very situational, it is my understanding that huntress in the right hands is one of the best killers (as a console peasant... I wouldn't know :P).

Problem is that I don't see how Deathslinger can work around pallets - and certain maps are a pallet fest anyway.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 1,669

The worse the survivors they face play, the easier the 4k is. This however is in no way shape or form exclusive to these 3.

i wish i could post the video here, i tried everything i could from mindgames to moonwalking but is a pretty unfun loop for her, sometimes a bunch of tress spawn there instead, then its no problem.

i was just trying to fix his lack of map pressure, i really apreciate the lore making sense still but when choosing from a good lore to good gameplay i take the gameplay.

i cant think in other map pressure way to give to him when he lacks mobility. Ill take my time to think about the lore and a ability

he was a good engineer he could put devices to increasegen time (after the gen is done a 2 bar with extra X seconds appears).

He could spawn with 3 extra charger device,and he could remove it too to put on another gen that he found out.

if the second bar is already at work he cant remove it from the gen.

he gets a notification if a charger device is activated he gets a notification.

the charger device has half a gen time to get done.

the survivors can risky this 40 seconds to finish or do a full 80 seconds gen.

• K1LLR0CKNR0LLK1LLR0CKNR0LL Member Posts: 155
    edited February 19

An idea for you all. Maybe at pallets and pallets only, If the survivor comes in contact with a downed pallet while harpooned, instead of the chain straining and eventually breaking they could give him an ability/animation were he rips the harpoon out. Ripping it out this way would still give deep wounds. However the survivor would maintain their health state but be afflicted by "hindered" for like 6 or 7 seconds. Neither the killer or survivor would suffer a stun effect. They could also make it to were instead of my previous idea ripping the hook out would just half the mending time they have or auto start deep wounds as if they weren't in chase.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,056

It can hit at least 15 meters, an addon specifies "when hitting a target past 15 meters".

With M&A the TR goes from 24 to 16.

You could theoretically hit people without them hearing you.

• Spooky13Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,236

I like the first idea. If you feel someone after they vault a window, you can easily get a hit, watch Otz' video for proof. But you can't hit over a pallet. Instead of being forced to break the chain for no reason, he breaks the pallet and the chain as well. Pallets are a big no no for shooting and reeling, this will give him some counter to help with his power.

• RickJamesRickJames Member Posts: 65

I really hate the interaction you have once a pallet has gone down, since hes 110 speed you HAVE to break it (at most pallets) . It turns into the survivor just knowing they're invincible so long as the pallet is up. I think a neat suggestion would be to make it to where if you shoot someone on the other side of a dropped pallet, you can pull them into the pallet and break it. You still get the stun after doing this but I feel it makes it to where you're still feared at loops instead of survivors knowing they're 100% fine.

yeah, dragging then close breaking the pallet and getting the stun distance seems nice

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,857

Feels too much like a twisted Call of Duty to me. Not sure I like the direction. That and I think his totem protection perk will backlash as people will avoid dull totems and focus on gens more. Not sure what the devs were thinking on that one.

Just disguise hex totems better, don't discourage alternate objectives.

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 614

You're playing cod wrong

• ChekitaChekita Member Posts: 87

He has 3 gimmicky perks, nothing that will actually stop gens or reduce their progress, even thrilling tremors is better than them (and thrilling is not a good perk with that long cooldown). 2 of them only give information if I remember correctly.