Home Feedback 3.6.0 PTB 3.6.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

Sorta Disappointed with The DeathSlinger

His design is awesome, music is great but I feel he’s a little.... boring?

Most recent killers have had a few options to their power, but he’s only able to shoot and reel in. Maybe I just got my own hopes up, but after seeing him I expected some sort of mobility and an attack with the gun. Like hitting a wall will make it stick in allowing him to reel himself forward.

How do you guys feel about his gameplay? Even if you’re having fun now, do you think he’ll become stale?

Comments

• Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 1,204
    edited February 19

Once you have been stomped and gen-rushed playing any C-tier killer a few times they generally start to feel pretty stale...

On a more general note. I think all the best perk ideas and killers have been done. And so here we are with a zombie cowboy with a harpoon....

• Reaper_xxReaper_xx Member Posts: 173

Feels like Scorpion in POV mood tbh but at least give them credit for trying

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,101

It’s a fun ability, but It’s the only ability. I think I’ve just been spoiled with recent killers having a couple abilities. He’s brand new so maybe we’ll find some really cool tricks with him making him a bit more dynamic.

• ShirokuroShirokuro Member Posts: 172

He lacks map pressure like Trapper etc. but damn I love the way he plays. If you're good at landing shots, he can end chases in seconds.

• kreeper124kreeper124 Member Posts: 426

His powers pretty boring. It's been done in games about 1000000 times, and doesn't seem to be beneficial. Just move behind a structure and you're good

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,779

He feels like he belongs in Red Dead, not DbD. Between servers and hitboxes, we don't need another ranged killer, especially one that turned the game into a FPS.

I find it funny that there was a thread about how lame it will be if the new killer shots or throws a harpoon and drags the survivor like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. That is exactly what we got. Lame.