Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 3.6.0 PTB Bug Reports

New map is dark as HELL

It is a joke? What happened with game - on new map is total darkness. Im even cant see where to I walking, not to mention of seeing survivors. Just look on this.

There is survivor on hook, just before me. Can you see him? Huh?

Generator ahead me, lol

Absolutely dark.

Comments

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Its fine for me, I wonder if its an Nvidia problem

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Damn that's dark! Looks like he should be carrying this too...

• AskBettyAskBetty Member Posts: 2

I wonder why that's happening for some people. For me it's very bright. It's the only map that's during the day! Wait till they fix it and you see it correctly, you'll probably love how beautiful it is!

• MichWasHereMichWasHere Member Posts: 24

Apparently this is a known bug if you are using low or medium graphics quality. So it's on the list to be fixed and a workaround is to change your graphics quality to higher.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,937

So.... in order to make it not be midnight on the map, you have to run it at the highest settings. sounds reasonable 😑

All I see is another map that will be impossible to play as someone who is colorblind. 2 in a row!

• MichWasHereMichWasHere Member Posts: 24

umm this is a test server. It's a big issue by the looks of the amount of complaints. I'm sure they'll fix the brightness before rolling it out. Changing the settings is a just a workaround/temporary fix. Not sure if that will help with the colour blindness because I'm clueless. But if it doesn't perhaps make a thread/bug report/feedback reporting it as not playable for colourblind people.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,937

Making maps darker and more visually obfuscated has been an intentional direction for a bit now, look at the Lery's rework and the insane amount of foliage in the yamaoka maps. Both things are terrible for colorblind players, and its something that many people have been telling the devs and being completely ignored about for years. It almost feels like some of these newer maps are getting these changes to spite complaints at this point.

• LeitisLeitis Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2020

I have the same problem. If you play at the lowest settings, the map becomes a little lighter, but still nothing is visible. I hope it will be fixed before releasing. Too bad, it's impossible to play. (Nvidia GTX1050)

• HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 848

This is a bug on low/medium settings. Use the other settings, and the lighting will be normal. You just need to set it before you load into the match. Once you're in, you can change them back to low to fix your FPS.