Home Discussions General Discussions

will The devs be consistent and nerf Synergy between secondchance perks for survivors?

GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,163
edited February 26 in General Discussions

as the The title states they wanna nerf The synergy between killer slowdown perks well I hope there consistent and do the same for survivors ..one is fine even two but when every survivor has at least 3 it gets very strong especially with swf

Comments

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 2,155

DS should cause Exhaustion.

Unbreakable is fine, idk how they'd nerf synergy with it anyway.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,163

I think a great fix to ds is to decrease the stun time to 3 seconds and then to also make it to where it only lasts for 40 seconds..personally I think 60 seconds is to long

• FeydFeyd Member Posts: 271

The only one that could stand for an adjustment is Adrenaline. DS and BT are entirely in the killer's hands whether or not it does anything. Hook, move on. If they unhook, ignore it. Pressure a different survivor. I don't even run these perks since 9 games out of 10 they are absolutely useless.

• SlivalSlival Member Posts: 94

DS and its interaction with lockers + its interaction with borrowed time (fearless body blocking for not one but TWO hits since if I down you on the second one, you just stab me if picked up) seems unintended

Also, Adrenaline. I really think Adrenaline should work like other exhaustion perks and should encourage players to not be sprint bursting/dead harding when theres just one gen left. Survivors are in possession of more information about how "done" generators are, than killers are, and are in a fine position to control their use of Exhaustion until Adrenaline kicks in. Its a powerful once a game perk but it just works differently from other exhaustion perks and is, I think, the only place stacking of exhaustion perks is encouraged.

• GeordieKillerGeordieKiller Member Posts: 304

which is what the changes will encourage more (the go after someone else) and get rid of the issue of it being abused as a minute of immunity which you have to times by 4 i disagree that it should pause if you are in chase or slugged theres a reason why there a time limit which i hope @Peanits can explain

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,197

Unless it's the EGC. Then both perks are free escapes.

• OBXOBX Member Posts: 523

Makes entirely too much sense. Must try 31 different new things to get back to the same exact spot we use to be at. Blasphemy

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 685

Isn't they changed to 3 second stun but back to 5 second stun again because of Enduring?

Enduring doesn't work DS anymore now. Why DS stun still unchanged?

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 736

I think the point of this thread is that none of the "second chance" perks are overpowered by themselves, it's when combined and typically on 2-4 of the survivors in most games. I play red ranks every season and this is by far the norm not the exception. These perks are as common if not more common than "meta" killer perks. I deal with these perks constantly and it is extremely boring and stressful. Every single survivor runs DS, 3-4 run unbreakable, 3-4 run DH and the last perk is a mix of either IW, Adrinawin or BT. Put this on the entire survivor team and add in some toolboxes and it is just stressful, unfun and entirely unbalanced.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,163

Some people here missed the point I was making lol because they went on attack ..you can tell who mains survivor just by reading the comments

• JoelwinoJoelwino Member Posts: 546

Second chance perks are so good because they're the part of the game that's balanced around solo queue and not SWF. Against four solo queue players, 1 adrenaline, 1 unbreakable and 1 ds on the enemy team is balanced, but when you have a full swf that all have ds and adrenaline it becomes pretty unbearable.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,197

It's how they worded their posts. They completely ignored why Ruin was used, instead focusing on 'overused' and 'frustrating to new/inexperienced survivors.' You can't disregard one side in favor of another (not just that, but the bottom end of that one side), and expect it to foster good will.

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589

I dont think there is any need to nerf synergy, the only perks that need nerfing is DS (so its only anti tunneling) and slightly Adrenaline (healing of hooks and on killers back). IMO it would suffice, Unbreakable and BT are fine and almost fair.

This would solve nothing. The problem with DS are activation conditions, or rather lack of deactivation comditions.

So IMO DS should disable when:

1. You are the last survivior not dead/hooked/downed
    2. You start performing any action (except vaulting, mending etc.)
    3. You get caught in a Bear Trap
    4. Another DS activates
    5. 2 more other surviviors get downed in tje meantime (-30 seconds per down)

Also to compensate for this nerf and to increase the "anti tunneling" part, DS timer should be paused while in a chase.

• Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 669

Some of your points work, but what if someone gets unhooked, while the killer hooks someone, has bbq (lets be honest it’s expected) and goes right for the survivor that just got unhooked, maybe even a killer with mobility, and the other survivor gets unhooked as the killer gets to them

or a survivor gets tunneled straight off hook, and there’s a bear trap set nearby before they got hooked so they didn’t know about it