Home Discussions General Discussions

Any plans to remove the locker + DS tech?

Comments

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

The same way survivors cleanse totems when there may not even be noed.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,510

Well, GOOD survivors lol. Or greedy ones. I mean it IS 1k bp for a dull.

• andyollollollandyollolloll Member Posts: 940

DS isn't just an anti tunneling perk, BT is far better.

When I run it I try to make sure it gets used just to waste the killers seconds being stunned.

I'm guessing BHVR are wondering how to nerf (buff) it again after toolboxes nerf (buff)

• NextKillerConfirmedNextKillerConfirmed Member Posts: 24

dude. I'm a killer main and I'll spell it out for you. If I see the obsession icon on at least one survivor, I refrain from picking up any survivor within the first 60 seconds after them being unhooked. If I pick them up before that and get DSs'd, then that's on me.

I have the feeling that you have no idea how punishing and unfair DS was before the rework, from the point it was released...jesus christ. Why do you have to be so annoying about this?

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited March 2020
  • NextKillerConfirmedNextKillerConfirmed Member Posts: 24

because you quoted me and so you know what I'm talking about.

What other purpose do quotes serves?

• VampireVampire Member Posts: 88

DS should end the moment another survivor is hooked

• VaJayblesVaJaybles Member Posts: 112

So then eat the DS like you said. Either go after someone else like they said OR do as you stated.

• avilmaskavilmask Member Posts: 600

Yep, that's a point. Choice is you lose more or you lose less. In the end it's still a lose - lose, and that's what kinda sucks about it.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,653

If they are giving you a free grab, just yank them out of the locker and get it out of the way. You don't want those DS around in end game anyway.

• fleshboxfleshbox Member Posts: 494

You are just as toxic as your name suggests. Really sad. Calling me a salty killer main when i play both.

DS is broken. If somebody uses DS on me because i go after the weaker animal i still get them 20 seconds later. Big deal. My job is to kill. Should not have gotten caught then should you?

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 2,152

Just do bones!

Sound familiar?

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 553

@HollowsGrief

"DS should prevent an immediate rehook, which it does, it should not prevent the killer from interacting with you at all."

Very true.. i think the fix for this cheesy locker+DS mechanic is as simple as make DS not work inside lockers. Then DS can work like a real anti-tunnel perk and not like a 60 sec inmunity of all kind perk..

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,854

@Rivyn

Why should window tech get "fixed"? It is a skill full move that doesnt have any huge benefit. Its really risky thought, if you are smart enough you will hear the footstebs and get a easy free hit. That move grants alot of free hits and is overall not really usefull. It only works on less experienced Killer but with that argument you could say that 360 are op aswell...

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

How often does that happen? 80% of the time I don’t even get to use DS as most killers play around that and BT. Not to mention DS is 60sec which is not long at all, Scott’s mission for Locker DS into Head on into flashlight is as extreme as it can be and even that is a very difficult thing to achieve. Changing one method of forcing a DS stun based on extreme examples seems illogical.

if anything has to be changed with DS then imo it should be if you hook a second person then it deactivates if they are not downed. at that point you aren’t tunneling.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I'll agree with you there.

I'd Love to Trade NOED for BT or DS.

No free kills, no free escapes.

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 899

A lot of you survivors are saying "stop tunneling" have y'all considered the fact that a killer can hook 2 other survivors and still get hit with DS?

Interruption actions (grabs) shouldn't trigger DS imo simply because you survivors force DS thinking that the killer will leave you alone, just to only DC or get salty in post game chat.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

What about the scenario where the gen is next to the hook you're hanging from and it's almost completed. You get unhooked, you finish the gen as the killer rushes towards you and BAM, he hits you as the gen is completed.

Happens to me quite a bit.

• Wooden_EnthusiasmWooden_Enthusiasm Member Posts: 81

Here's the problem with DS and the amount of second chance perk stacking you can do lets say i down my obsession and another guy and hook them both I'm not running an obsession perk so I know at least that guy probably has DS someone saves the obsession he goes and unhooks in my face with BT so now I hit the 2nd guy he has BT and possibly DS I hit my obsession he might have bt on him if he doesn't he has DS for sure which is now punishing me for his mistake but lets say I down him if I leave him he can unbreakable right back up and go do a gen, a totem, whatever AND STILL HAVE DS UP and that isn't taking into account his 3 or 4th perk, his teammates who can all run the same build, etc. with just 2 perks you have functional invulnerability that punishes the killer for your own mistakes and greed. I understand why these perks exist but as far as my own games in red ranks goes its an incredibly common scenario and makes the survivors play like idiots and they can usually get away with it.