Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

"The Deathslinger" is garbage.

2»

Comments

• 28STABWOUNDS28STABWOUNDS Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2020

I've been playing him almost since release, I don't thinks there's much to learn except he's a bad killer.

• AnevianAnevian Member Posts: 47

I dunno I've played nothing but deathslinger since he came out and not only have I been ranking up, I've mostly 3-4k with him. Are large maps an issue? Well duh, they suck for everyone who doesn't have billy/nurse mobility, but his chase potential is massive granted you can hit your shots. Monitor and Abuse is great on him to be able to get into shooting range before they hear your terror radius. Stbfl at high stacks comes in clutch af. Sneak up with monitor, smack someone, at 6+ stacks stbfl you recover almost instantly and as they run away shoot they ass and bam, chase over in about 10 sec.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,517

Only played him once but he felt really bad. Clown is a lot better in my opinion. As survivors you just have to wobble around just like agains huntress, but this guy is way worse. So he really needs a buff.

Even the hitboxes are broken too lol. Most shots don't land when they should. He's so overrated and overhyped.

• danielbird11danielbird11 Member Posts: 149

I could kill you easy i'm a rank 1 survivor and killer and have over 2k hours on Xbox and pc. Gen rush is a problem but killers can still win just as easily as survivors if they're good. Swf is a different story.

You may be able to shoot survivors but it really isn't that hard to escape. I've went against some survivors that hide behind any sort of structure when they get shot by me, making it very easy to escape. They tend to get away before I can reload and shoot them again. It's pretty easy to dodge his shots in the first place. All survivors have to do is either spam A-D or spam crouch.

With little to no map pressure and very sluggish mobility, he's a not so good killer.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737

@op We know.

• FregglesFredFregglesFred Member Posts: 317

I really hate voicing my opinion, because this community really hates when you do that.

But yes, he's a worse huntress. Don't see how people can't see that.

• CiusCius Member Posts: 86

this killer is very strong in persecution and limits the survivor a lot

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited March 2020

He is literally just a worse huntress, he can't always get a hit with his power even at windows the one place he is supposed to be able to get a hit. After you do spear a survivor you have to real them in and than down them while being considerate of the environment they could use to break the chain and other survivors can interfere or take a hit so you don't down the survivor you speared. Meanwhile huntress gets a minimum of 5 hatchets to throw which quickly injure survivors and downs them if they are already injured and she can do this before deathslinger can even shoot, real in, and hit the survivor he is chasing. Huntress can also snow ball way easier than deathslinger and having to reload at lockers is not a problem for a good huntress since it is usually only needed after you hook someone. There is also the fact that he is just awful to play if you get a large open map like thompson's house or any indoor map, while huntress also has this problem it is not nearly as bad as deathslinger.

The only good things about deathslinger is that he can effectively use perks like noed and devour hope, Monitor and abuse is also pretty good on him and he can get survivors in a loop if they are greedy (which huntress also does). I do think that he is a fun killer to play but anyone who thinks that he is good or viable are obviously biased because of how fun he is and how satisfying it is to shoot that spear into survivors chests. Any killer that does not have a good way to snowball and has no means of map pressure or traversal is bad. period.

This discussion got way more attention than I would have expected lmao.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,303

Then this is again your skill. I don't have problems with survivors spamming A, D because either they waste time by not running in a straight line or you slow yourself down and need patience to take a shot at the right moment. I did not have that much problems with hitting and I don't consider myself really good at aiming, I have seen better killers.

Don't wanna say "you're just bad" but maybe he is not your type of killer. And there is no reason to say the killer is bad because you don't hit with him. Just talking about his chasing ability, not about his map pressure

• Write_By_DaylightWrite_By_Daylight Member Posts: 126

He doesn't need to be buffed and needs a massive tweak to his gun, breaking free, chain and range.

In fact; he needs a slight nerf.

/shrug