Home Share Your Work Media Lounge

If the Devs don't care... why should we?

VSLlVSLl Member Posts: 246

Comments

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 700

Meh if you don't enjoy the game then yes, maybe put it away for a while. Personally i just take things as they come, I'm not so invested that I let things frustrate me too often whichever side I play.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,664

To be fair that's very hard to do though. That's one of the biggest challenges the devs probably have. Finding changes both sides will like. If one side gets buffs, it's safe to assume some people that main the opposing side won't be happy with those buffs. Of course there are definitely balance changes the devs can and should implement that will most likely please the vast majority, but it's never that easy to do. People have varying opinions on what killer and what map is perfectly balanced for example, or whether gens are too fast or not or if map design is the main problem of the game.

• RetroRetro Member Posts: 5

I had same :/ In monday i decided to make break from game probably for long

• DarqPhoenixDarqPhoenix Member Posts: 34

if you're going to quit, then quit, stop talking about it and just do it *insert shia lebouf*

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,461

If the devs haven't changed after three and a half years, they probably never will.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 10,127

I can see why they say this.

Had a break myself years ago, did wonders as i then played more moderately (though not just a little bit after each chapter release, more than that), and that has kept me in the game for years now without additional breaks.

As for wanting to return to the game, well, that'd depend on what you feel during your break.

I don't really consider whether the devs care or not, i just ask myself: Am i still having fun?

Answer's still yes, so i stay.

• Sweet_FengSweet_Feng Member Posts: 45

Killer Mains won't ever say that they like something for survs until swf is away because killer mains think "swf is unfair" or no. True talent fans think that. Because he's a killer main and he's only talking trash

• nerdguy5nerdguy5 Member Posts: 47
    edited March 17

its not that they don’t listen. But it’s impossible for a game developer to possible sift through all of the entitled whining of people thinking the game should be the way THEY personally want it. And those are the people RUINING the game and threatening its very existence.... everyone wants it THEIR WAY, killers want this, survivors want that. And it’s IMPOSSIBLE... because EVERYTIME the devs do take feedback (may not be yours) and change something... y’all STILL cry about it

• profanedprofaned Member Posts: 53

I don't wanna be that guy, buuuuuut

• DarqPhoenixDarqPhoenix Member Posts: 34

last year is already out and not doing so hot, I forgot about that RE game, in case you're not aware though, people have said literally every game in the same genre would kill dbd and here we are almost 4 years later and the game is still going

• madsweeney84madsweeney84 Member Posts: 26

I have quit, the focus on boosting survivor players demands and crys for attention in a 1V4 , you know, asymmetric, 1 killer, 4 survivors, but the Devs have made it urgent and essential to listen to the thoughts and emotions of the survivor player base.

• DoultimeDoultime Member Posts: 82

Agreed, been watching his videos for a long time he should play other stuff and tone dbd down a bit

• KrispiesChickenKrispiesChicken Member Posts: 171

I don't really see the point in sending that. He's not complaining about a game that went the wrong way or anything. So really that has no relevance here

• Schmiddy21Schmiddy21 Member Posts: 49
    edited March 17

They care it's just hard to balance an asymmetrical game. However that hook changes was a bit too much. 30 seconds for all respawn is too quick. I think it should have been at most half of what it was. Plus the toolbox is useless at this point now. Next thing i see coming are key and flash light changes. It's getting harder to enjoy a game that shifts being one-sided in either direction. I still play because it's fun but much less so. Also hit boxes lol. Take a page from Friday and use those. They work beautifully.

• TruTru Member Posts: 5

You obviously don't watch his stuff enough or pick and choose and give your own interpretation of it. He's honest and legit on both sides and I watch just as many surv vids of his as I do killer. It's more entertaining to watch him play and analyze than face get bullied and deal with the toxicity from every side. I'm not a fanboy by any means but you can piss off with that statement.

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 541

He mayu be a.killer main but he looks at both sides. More recently i feel he is in the right on this. Killers are told to constantly "git gud" and just deal with game changes when, in reality some things DO need to be changed. Im not saying what should be changed or how, but even as a noob killer I can see where the frustration sets in during matches and where people see the devs as being biased. When you include reasons for nerfs and changes you have to be careful with your wording, changing a perk because of "survivor fun" or "killer challenge" only go so far until people notice the same phrases popping up over and over

• BeardedMenaceBeardedMenace Member Posts: 102

Well I care because I actually play and enjoy the game lol... Sooo how can I not care? If I don't care for something I don't play it.

• JohnbleJohnble Member Posts: 166

The Resident Evil game that isn't out yet because it comes bundled with RE3? Just the fact that it comes with the main game will probably be enough for people to play it...