Home Discussions General Discussions

FIX DEATHSLINGER TERROR RADIUS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 3,909

Huntress has infinite range insta damage..huge difference...

• TheMajorTheMajor Member Posts: 15

The issue isn't necessarily M&A. His terror radius in general is screwed real bad. That dumb music he has doesn't feel like it's proximity based like a heartbeat is. And what makes him worse than huntress is while his terror radius is 24, her's is much longer because of her lullaby. So on a killer with infinite ammo and a short reload you have next to no warning before he shoots you. I'm not saying he's OP or anything. I just agree with the original post that his terror radius does need some working on.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 2,809

Here's what I say to ALL people who say similar things: If you increase his TR, then you may as well increase his shot range. His shortened TR reflects his slower movement speed and the fact that his shot is almost at his base TR distance.

I get what people say about his particular TR sound though, and while it is annoying, it isn't that bad. Admittedly the furthest music needs a bit of work, but once you're within about 15m of him, it's completely fine.

• ayayaayaya Member Posts: 163

You all wanted custom chase music for every killer and they gave you non directional crap LUL

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 8,593

But the way I see it, the moment someone realises the killer is Deathslinger, be extra extra cautious, and think carefully about the gens that get worked on.

That’s one of the things that’s totally forgotten about when playing as survivor. Sure most know to not 3 gen themselves, but few survivors think about which gens are safe and unsafe to work on dependant on the killer, because this is a THING. Some gen placements are safer than others, and what might be safe to work on solo or as team against one killer, might be totally unsafe either solo or as a team against another killer.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,091

This, and the fact that unlike all other killers in the game, he has a whopping 5 separate slowdowns just for using his power:

Blade wipe, successful hit or miss reeling, cooldown, reload, and aiming.

The most any other killer has is 3, like GF for example:

blade wipe, crouch, and stalking.

And the majority of other killers have 2 slowdowns:

Blade wipe, power use/power cooldown

With Deathslinger, an already slower than average movement speed killer with a limited ranged attack, its actually absurd that he has so many slowdowns in comparison to all of the other killers in the game, and because of that, his kit is far too lenient on survivor teams. To be good with him you have to nail every shot you take with his power or the survivors will get away while you are reeling your missed shot back in, on cooldown, and reloading. Every time he uses his power he ends up giving up more time for the survivors to accomplish their objectives regardless of whether or not he succeeds in his attempt. Huntress just slows down for blade wipes and when she winds up a hatchet, and she can actually down survivors from across the map with a good aim, whereas Deathslinger has to be much closer, hit with his spear, and spend up to 5 seconds slowed down while reeling in the survivor just to do some damage to them. Quite honestly, if he didn't have a lower TR, he'd never even get close enough in range of survivors to attempt to use his power in the first place let alone pursue them.