Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Dear nurse mains and ex nurse mains, what would you want tweaked with the nurse ?

For me I’d want the recharge mechanic completely redone. Make it so blinks don’t recharge while not in a chase and holding a blink allow you to recharge your second one while you charge your first one. Or, they could just remove the recharge mechanic and change the recharge addons to movement speed addons because those were fun to play around with lol.

Comments

• Exxodus21Exxodus21 Member Posts: 982

I think keeping the recharge but getting rid of fatigue would be ok. A movement speed boost would be nice too.

• LifeQuestionsLifeQuestions Member Posts: 26

I don't mind new Nurse that much, but maybe I'd want her base blink to be a bit longer?

• Jigsaw_pprentice1993Jigsaw_pprentice1993 Member Posts: 225

nothing i got a 4k today on hawkins and i barely play nurse she is still as good as old nurse

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Remove the cool down for now.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050
  • QuakeQuake Member Posts: 230
    edited March 2020

1) a bit faster base blink recharge.With her movement speed as it is it's just overkill.

2) rework addons,they are all laughable except for the recharge ones and make those very rares only.

Also fixing her bugs ofcourse eh.

• DeathBeamDeathBeam Member Posts: 257

Fix her bugs, several of the bugs she has have been around since her first rework. Remove the fatigue or apply a cool down after blink attacks only.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Keep the cooldown if you want to, just fix all the goddamn bugs.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Get rid of the recharge, deal with any addons that may be an issue as a result..boom..everyone gets to enjoy nurse without her old addons...otherwise nurse takes way too much effort for mediocre capabilities vs efficient survivors and that's just not fair

• Salty_PearlSalty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Revert her rework, then nerf her +blink addons.

DONE

• DwinchesterDwinchester Member Posts: 961

No cool down on blinks.

• Bill_I_Am__OverbeckBill_I_Am__Overbeck Member Posts: 308

Fix her bugs before her blinks. Having no cooldown doesn't matter if you can't access 1/2/3 of your blinks throughout the trial because of a game glitch. Also, her maximum distance she travels sometimes feels like she travels shorter/further at certain times even when unimpeded by any obstacles (I'd imagine something with dedicated servers).

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

She works very well with certain add-ons so I think her base mechanic is fine. Matchbox and Anxious Gasp are pretty fun.

With that said, her Kavanagh's last breath and heavy panting add-ons are useless. You lose all distance simply charging your power. Charge time decrease needs to go.

Torn Bookmark takes the more annoying parts of her kit and magnifies them. I absolutely hate stopping short from a charged blink. Especially if it loses a chase.

And I'm pretty sure she has a glitch where she can't attack after blinking. That can't stay.

If they make any additional changes to her base kit, less blackout while she's exhausted would be nice. And a vacuum feature where I appear on the other side of a wall if I short blink. I get real annoying when it does nothing.

• ReinamiReinami Member Posts: 2,445

Fix her bugs, and up her movement speed to 4.0 so shes the same speed as survivors, doesn't change much for normal maps, but really helps on maps like lery's

• camman0000camman0000 Member Posts: 18

Rework her addons. Why are there addons that make her unable to blink? or just move faster? when her power is the fun part about her, I feel like the only fun / good ones are the ones that let her blink more.

• Midori_21Midori_21 Member Posts: 708

Remove the entire recharge mechanic, and rework certain addons accordingly.

• GorgonzolaGorgonzola Member Posts: 176

It's not about how strong she is. The cooldown is just extremely annoying and unfun. I just don't play Nurse because it's super boring to be forced to walk for 6 seconds without any power with her terrible MS.

• BattleCastBattleCast Member Posts: 698

Ok but wouldn't removing the cooldown be a buff?

Nurse can still be completely busted and a good Nurse will 4k every game with ease. All they need to do is fix the bugs, then nurse will be fine.

• OmansOmans Member Posts: 707

Bugs should be fixed, of course. And I definitely feel for console nurse players. For them, the old nurse basekit should be reversed. But for PC players nurse is still a top 2 killer. Old basekit nurse was better and more consistent than any other killer in the game. People who want that back simply haven't played against/as a really good nurse player.

While many people have stopped playing nurse, others have now begun playing her much more (like me), because now it doesn't feel like a 4k is the default result if you are good. Now it actually feels like there are 2 sides, rather than the nurse playing a single player game.

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

You won’t see this discussion getting “pinned”

• hex_genrushhex_genrush Member Posts: 736

Please only comment suggestions that contribute to the thread. Thank you!

• CottenCotten Member Posts: 31

As a nurse player i would say the following with confidence.

(a) Allow us to CANCEL BLINK. Every other killer can cancel their ability why cant she???

(b) Allow us to always see our blink destination. There are a lot of factors that go into blinking. (a) is there an object between us (More charge time required) (b) is there multiple floors where I plan to land ( might blink onto a different floor) (c) is my angle to high or too low (changes the distance) Doing this will bring her more into the mainstream of killers.

(c) Maybe Change the purpose of blink. Now hear me out. (1) Billy, Oni, Legion, Demigorgan, and Freddy can all move fast distances with no real down side. That said i know they have CD but at least when they get there they can keep track of the survivor and some can keep going "billy" until they actually down some one and that is a one hitter quitter. Blinking feels more like a Gap closer more so then any thing else. Your base blink is 20m 2nd blink is 10m so thats 30m with 2 blinks followed by 2-3 seconds of fatigue. If you hit the player you might as well stop chasing since they will be further than your blink distance after your fatigue most of the time.

With that information give her a buff in Movement speed from 3.8m/s too about 4.3m/s and make the blinks have a shorter range. This will get rid of a lot of section (b) issues and give her a great feel instead of playing "look at the ground for half the game". While we are on the topic of looking at the ground. Can we remove us getting Blinded by Flashlights during that period!!!! I AM LOOKING AT THE GROUND.

(d) Remove the fatigue. Yes we blinked but we still have a CD that we must go through anyway before we can blink again that is usable after the length of fatigue to begin with.. This fatigue serve no purpose. All it does is causes us to have to waste more time finding the player we just found.

I mean since you asked

• inferjusinferjus Member Posts: 479

Fix her bugs. Her new base kit is great way to balance her and only old Nurse mains who do not want any balance in their main say her blink cd is bad.

• memiiekomemiieko Member Posts: 184

Change the fatigue, its awful. Don't get rid of it but find some way to make it more bearable like shortening it bc of the nerf or having something in place

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,845

Not a "main" but always played her a fair bit, and still do.

Fix her bugs before anything else. I don't even mind the cooldown too much, but at little leniency where it keeps charging for a limited amount of time after starting to charge a blink would be nice. Sucks when stuff gets hectic and you start charging a blink 0.001 seconds too early and you're left with 1 instead of 2.

Cooldown could also be shortened a bit but I don't have any good ideas for specific numbers on that one.