Dear Dead By Daylight: Survivor Perk Changes: Buffs (Excerpt)
You've probably seen this stuff floating around for awhile on the forums, but in case you didn't know, I uploaded a document (and accompanying forum post) titled Dear Dead by Daylight about awhile ago which has been getting incredible feedback from you guys here in the community, but the biggest suggestion was to split all the change ideas into multiple documents to make them easily digestible.
Today, we get into the meat of the changes. I've been giving suggestions for most of the killers up to this point, but there is a lot more than that that needs to be fixed. Today, I bring you suggestions for changing underpowered survivor perks. There are a lot of generally impractical or very flawed perks currently in Dead By Daylight. My goal is to have most perks be usable on some level without any of them dominating the meta.
If you want to know my reasoning for each perk or check out the rest of the changes, I'll leave a link to the main post as well as the previous article. Please leave constructive criticism and/or support, you're feedback is invaluable. Thanks again,
P.S. This list isn't perfect and I may change things on the main document based on new data, but I don't plan on changing anything on these fragment posts, so if something seems off, make sure to check the main document or comments to make sure it isn't already fixed.
(Also * means they change the detailed feature fundamentally or is able to replace the entire description on its own)
- Deja Vu*: You can channel your thoughts in a way to see the nearest hook, chest, generator, hatch, or exit gate if you channel it for 10/7/5 seconds, performed by holding still away from objects and using the active ability button. If you fully charge it up, it creates a pathway of light that only you can see that lasts for 5/7/9 seconds. Additionally, if you charge it up all the way, you gain the hemorrhage effect, even if you’re not in the injured state; you will not go into the injured state in this scenario. If you don’t charge it up the way, it will give you a general direction in the form of small light cracks pointing in a 40° angle in its direction. This ability has a cooldown of 75 seconds. The path/cracks are color-coordinated: red is a hook, brown is a chest, yellow is a generator, and white is for hatches and doors.
- Sole Survivor: The bonus is applied for any survivors in the dying state or on a hook and the bonus becomes 20/25/30 meters. Additionally, whenever someone is killed or sacrificed, you gain haste 4% for 60 seconds.
- Up the Ante: The luck bonus is now just a straight 4% luck increase and you perform actions 5/10/15% faster whenever a generator is finished for 35 seconds.
- Calm Spirit: Slightly reduce noise made by brush as well (30% less noise). Also let survivors scream when put on a hook or downed, but not any other screams like falling, doctor initial shocks, becoming exposed, ect.
- We’re Gonna Live Forever*: Whenever you take a protection hit for another survivor, you gain a token up to 4 and you are healed by other survivors 25% faster for 60 seconds or until you are healed to the healthy state (This does not apply to self healing or recovery speeds). Additionally, your pallet stuns last .25 seconds longer for every token you have and the bloodpoint gain only applies to the Boldness category.
- Boil Over: Lessen the time to wiggle timer by 1 second.
- Ace in the Hole: In addition to finding addons on items, if you search a chest and at least two survivors are dead, you have a 30% chance of getting a Dull Key or Skeleton Key without any addons from it (detract from the toolbox chances).
- Detective’s Hunch: Remove Chest seeing, add seeing of lockers, active bear traps, and traps from Hag.
- Open Handed*: Increase aura reading by 5/8/10 meters and any aura reading abilities and perks you have affect all survivors (The only exception to this being Object of Obsession). You also gain 25% more bloodpoints from altruism.
- Streetwise: In addition to making items more efficient, it increases skill check occurrences by 10% while using an item.
- Wake Up: Increase opening speed to 10/15/20%.
- Slippery Meat*: Shorten time for wiggling out of a killer’s grasp and out of bear traps by 1/1.5/2 seconds.
- Tenacity: Add that you don’t leave blood pools on the ground while in the dying state, you have an extra 10/20/30 seconds before bleeding out in the dying state, and noises made while in the dying state are reduced by 50%.
- Vigil: In addition to the faster recovery while not sprinting, you recover from the exhausted effect at 33% normal recovery speed while sprinting.
- Pharmacy: You start with 1 token, when you are in front of a chest, you can perform an “emergency search” by holding down the M2 button which will guarantee that you get an emergency med-kit from the chest. Once you have done this, the token is expended. All other bonuses still apply to normal chest searching.
- No Mither: You only become broken once you have been injured for the first time and the broken icon does not appear for the killer on your portrait unless something else would give you the broken status effect (like becoming infected). Additionally, if facing against the Oni, you drop 50% less blood orbs while injured and recover 10% faster while in the dying state.
- Hope: Change the speed bonus to 6/7/8% increase.
- Technician: Whenever you are at a generator any noises made with the generator, with the exception of failed skill checks, are hushed by 8 meters. This includes passive noises of the generator and other survivors' progress on the generator. Additionally, the effect lingers on the generator for an additional 3 seconds after you stop working on it. The chance to prevent noise from failed skill checks is still the same.
- Solidarity: Instead of simply healing at ½ rate, you get a token every time you heal someone up to 2 tokens. If you are injured when you receive your second token, you instantly heal to healthy and both tokens are expended. If you are healthy when you receive your second token, you keep your second token until you become injured. If you have been out of a chase for at least 5 seconds while injured, are not broken, and have 2 tokens, you become healthy.
- Second Wind: Change it so that when you heal with another survivor, second wind activates. Additionally, it should activate when you heal an equivalent of one full health state. "
Previous Article Post:
Original Post Link: