Home Discussions General Discussions

Anybody else find Freddy boring?

CamophloCamophlo Member Posts: 92

I dunno about other people but I personally find Freddy boring, to play as and against. Sure his dream pallets are kinda fun but they aren't as good as the snares which kinda encourage a repetitive gameplay. Snare one side, make them run through it, go the other way and get a hit. Rinse and repeat until downed. Sure it's effective and that makes him a super viable killer but.. Kinda gets boring. Other killers have creative/fun ways to use their powers. Huntress/Gunslinger can go for risky but rewarding shots, Hillbilly can get a snipe chainsaw or impressive curve. Getting a down from somebody stepping on your trap as the Trapper/making them leave a safe tile by faking it or stringing a web of traps as Hag are to name a few. Freddy? I don't see what can be done to make his gameplay "fun" since even before the changes he was boring.

Anybody else feel that way? He's kinda in the same boat as a few other killers like The Clown but better.

Comments

• DestructaDestructa Member Posts: 57
    edited March 26

I find him fun to play

• Helevetin_nopeeHelevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

Freddy is fun to play but definetly the most annoying killer to play against

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,249

It's subjective. He's not particularly engaging imho, but that can be said of other killers as well. There are only so many powers and iterations thereof that BHVR can come up with, so some are bound to be a little dull. It is what it is.

• MurdleMurdle Member Posts: 119

Boring to play against, I agree

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 536
    edited March 26

The most boring/annoying killer bhvr ever made.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 1,173

I think he's boring, but fine.

• GhostwithafaceGhostwithaface Member Posts: 563

Everytime i go against Freddy, i always think of that wake me up inside song.

• Doddle28Doddle28 Member Posts: 1,492

Honestly nah I find him really fun to play. Against probably not, since my style of play encourages me to find and stick to a gen lock (no i dont use ForeverFreddy™, thank god), but I try and make matches last and 3 hook everyone to ensure they have the most amount of fun.

Against, I can't really say. Most freddy I face use ForeverFreddy™, or an ebony mori, or both, so... Hardly engaging builds.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 621

I do agree. Freddy is not very fun to play as or against.

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 116

I enjoy chasing someone towards a gen and then scaring the crap out of them because i ported to it when they thought they lost me. Fake teleports can be fun then you do a real one when they they you aren't. If you don't enjoy the cat and mouse part of the game you may not enjoy him.

That's my 3 cents

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 1,357

Strange. I find him fun to play as or versus. Especially for pallet freddy.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 877

I was happy with all the changes at first but I'd like to see the way snares are placed adjusted a bit, i.e. closer to how demo portals are placed + removed. My issue isn't how strong the snares are or their slowdown effect, it's just that using them can be pretty brainless.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,491

Snare-lusting at pallets has to be the most boring thing in the game.

• ElenaElena Member Posts: 334

Yeah, it's bad because I'd rather go against a legion than Freddy o.o

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 5,580

The only not fun part is the "Forever Freddy" build.

I like him otherwise!

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 728

when his dream world is not overheating my pc, I agree

• elvangulleyelvangulley Member Posts: 569

Just make him a slow m1 killer so survivors can bully him i mean have fun again

• Booper_Of_SnootBooper_Of_Snoot Member Posts: 834

Freddy is the definition of boring. Almost every freddy you will see will have 2 of the following perks

Thana

Dying Light

Pop

Sloppy

Corrupt

Surge

Or, all four! And almost always atleast 1 slowdown add on.

• elvangulleyelvangulley Member Posts: 569

All survivors run ds bt dh adrenaline survivors are so boring all they do is loop and clicky clicky nerf survivors

• Andy111777Andy111777 Member Posts: 59

Using a different type of Freddy build now.

Trilling tremors, Dead man's switch, enduring and nemesis with the class photo addon. It's definitly different

• Rareware0192Rareware0192 Member Posts: 179

I do find Freddy to be boring to play against, yes.

I think he actually makes the top spot of the Killer I’d rather not go up against, next to Trapper and Plague.

• JoelwinoJoelwino Member Posts: 539

All the map pressure and kill potential of a good Nurse, Spirit or Billy but with none of the fun or skill. He gets stall simply by existing, forcing survivors to either run across the whole map to wake up or fail a skill check and reveal where they are. I still don't understand why finishing a generator doesn't wake you up. I hate Freddy so much

• ggezbabyggezbaby Member Posts: 167

I think he’s fun to play as and against. Survivors think he’s boring cause they can’t loop forever.

• ExorExor Member Posts: 105

Didn't they make that impossible a few patches back? Placing snares now actually removes bloodlust.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 662

Strong killers are always boring for survivors.

Iri huntress- boring

Old nurse- boring

other killers???? never seen "boring" posts about them.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,491

Did they? I can’t confirm or deny seeing it in any patch notes. Freddy always seems like he’s always on my ass.

I KNOW he’s not faster than any other killer but every time I’m in a chase I swear he seems 120%. Again...I know he isn’t, but those stubby legs carry him far.