Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Should Slippery Meat not have an effect on Deathslinger's spear?

ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

I feel that fits the perk, Maybe more movement ability when you are harpoon'ed or somthing

Comments

• FichteHiroFichteHiro Member Posts: 711

Slippery Meat is meant to help you escape a Bear Trap and a Hook by yourself. Making the Perk give you more movement ability when speared by The Deathslinger would take away this Perk's essence and make the Perk very situational and mostly not usable (not that it is very useful in its current state).

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

I meant on TOP of what it does now, it just makes sense to me, it totally fits the name and what the perk is about.

edited March 26

Idk. Creating Perks that counter a specific Killer power (like Slippery Meat already does to some extent) makes the Perk situational and not worth a perk slot.

After all, you can use some Perk that you know you'll be able to use, not some killer-dependent perk. It would be surely interesting, but I don't think it'll change much.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Slippery Meat is just too situational and limited. Adding an effect to grabs, wiggle or the Redeemer would be good for the perk. Give it some sort of versitility.

On the other hand, we all know how killers feel about survivor buffs..............

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

well sure, it currently is a situational perk, this would make it slightly less situational, im not saying it doesn ot need a buff after this as well.

Im merely saying it would make sense if it had an effect for the deathslinger.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 6,736

It would make sense.

But the Devs have already talked about removing the Bear Trap Part from Slippery Meat, so it will be unlikely that they add something which works against another Killer.

(And recently they also removed the ability to Sabotage Bear Traps, also from Saboteur... Another thing speaking against such an addition to Slippery Meat)

Yeah, it would be interesting and make sense, but it's not a change that would encourage people to use it, you know what I mean?

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 1,797

Pretty sure killers wouldn't care if slippery meat got reworked. I mean, would survivors care if monstrous shrine got reworked?

• RezblazeRezblaze Member Posts: 606

No. Slippery Meat is already broken in the sense that it directly counters a killer that has so many counters already its not even funny. Having any perk that directly counters a killer's power is just bogous.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,375

Huh. I've always found perks that help survivors survive against a part of a killer's power to be extremely fascinating. I've loved the "Wake Up" portion of Adrenaline and the (used to be) added speed Slippery Meat gave to escaping Bear Traps.

I think my opinion stems from a hope that because there are "counters", the developers can feel free to make these affected parts of the killer's power stronger and address that whole power dynamic issue between killers and survivors. It's why I like how Urban Evasion forces me to play differently as a Hag. I hold the same opinion with Flashlights.

I would much rather The Wraith decimate survivors without flashlights and be then be forced into playing much differently when survivors use flashlights than have The Wraith be just okay in both scenarios.

Therefore, I approve of the Slippery Meat suggestion. I would rather have it slow down the Reel In speed, but something's better than nothing.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,375

Certainly. That's exactly what I like about perks/items/add-ons that exist to "counter". They encourage alternate play styles to deal with unexpected variables. Even thought I use Wraith as a case study, I've had the most experience facing flashlights with Hag (and twice with Nurse, of which both times I started freaking out because they were attempts to stop me from blinking into the exit gate to down an injured survivor).

Also, yeah. I did that to a Legion during a vault once for curiosity's sake, and decided it did more harm than good.

Side note: I hate how dedicated servers treat flashlights. I can hardly tell I'm being blinded until around .3 seconds into the blind, at which point I often misjudge when to look away. Additionally, this means that the brightness of the flashlight beam add-ons are pretty much useless as of now and that many tricks I've wanted to do that rely on killers looking away during those first tenths of a second (eg. using a flashlight before vaulting to try and bait a swing, etc.) are useless.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

It would be interesting, but a shadow nerf to an already mediocre killer.