Home Discussions General Discussions

Share Your Wholsesome DBD moments

ZaitsevZaitsev Member Posts: 681
edited March 27 in General Discussions

Ill go first

Im a console player, so when I bought the PC version, I bought Ghostface, my console main and jumped into a match.

Unluckily for me, I was matched against a rank one SWF group with 4 people.

Luckily for me, they checked my profile, saw my low hours, and added me to a group chat with them, and actually taught me how to play, how to handle loops, and farmed with me.

I was so touched by the gesture, that I just went along with it, even though I was a rank one killer at the time on console.

Still play with them to this day. In fact, I met two of them in real life, and now Im engaged to one of them

So, what are some of yours?

Comments

• animalmakanimalmak Member Posts: 263

Had a player offer me advice after a match I was very outplayed in. They sent me a gg (I think it was obvious I was doing my best as Ghostface; I'm only Rank 19 and haven't played him much), and they gave me a bit of advice about working on stalks. I just appreciated the nice message because all I ever hear are about people being toxic, and I genuinely worried that the message from the player wouldn't be polite.

Also not sure if it was meant to be toxic or not, but I got a "souvenir" photo of my David being mori'd by Clown. Loved it, got a great laugh out of it tbh. It was also the first time I'd faced Clown and been mori'd by him, so now I have it forever!

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 895

I've got a few:

-A killer dropped me in front of his haunted grounds for the haunted grounds challenge. I figured I'd cleanse it for him, cause I know that one can be hard. He downed me, but instead of hanging me he dropped me a few times and let me wiggle free.

-This Huntress killed me with NoED in the previous game. Come the next game same player is playing survivor and I'm playing Killer. But they're running No Mither. I leave them alone most of the game, and when it came to the end, I carried them to the exit gate so they could get the challenge. They seemed really happy.

-First time facing Leatherface was on Haddonfield. I was still very new to the game, but improving a little. He'd already closed the hatch so he came over, but instead of hooking me he took me to the exit gate, and let me leave. Maybe he figured I was just a baby Nancy. IDK. But he let me go.

-I struggled badly in one game, unable to kill anyone. But this Steve was really nice and dropped his medkit on his way out the exit gate. Seemed kind of like a "Sorry for the Rough Match" kind of thing. Maybe I misinterpreted it.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 1,173

It's always very nice to give the last survivor, regardleas of his behaviour during the match, the hatch. Most people don't expect it after a really sweaty match.

• HuffHuff Member Posts: 1,096

Honestly, any time somebody recognizes me not playing like a douche and is appreciative. Or even being nice (giving hatch or whatever.) Those moments never get old for me.

• FichteHiroFichteHiro Member Posts: 703

Sending a "gg" in the post-game chat regardless if you won or lost is a nice gesture.

I also went against a Killer trying to do the Grabbing Challenge of the Archives, I noticed he was trying to do it, and let them grab me. They then started farming with me, gave me the Hatch, and we started playing SWF together.

• GhostwithafaceGhostwithaface Member Posts: 563

Yeah i just see gg as a sign of good sportsman ship. Why i normally say it and than follow it up with good luck have fun everyone.

That or a personal thanks, when the killer gives me the hatch. Since they didn't have to do it. Yet did it anyway. For a bit of good will and sportsmanship can go along way.

• Doddle28Doddle28 Member Posts: 1,492

Like people have already said just getting a gg back can make your day.

My personal favourites would have to be with mettle of man. One time I was using it trying to get it to proc. Comes to endgame and I've had it activate once, I'm the last survivor alive. This hag just let's me open the gate and escape; says she was so impressed I'd got it to work she just let me go.

A second was against a huntress on haddonfield. She wasn't doing all too great and I wasn't farming mom stacks; infact me and my swf buddies were running random perks trying to escape. So she's got one person on hook and I've got my 2 stacks of mom so far, take a hit near the hook, unhook them, and then mom activates. She gives up and let's us go.

In endgame chat she also said she was impressed I'd managed to use mettle.

(these were after it was nerfed to needing protection hits).