Home Discussions General Discussions

NOED GLITCH

SurviveByDaylightSurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 653
edited March 27 in General Discussions

I was on hook struggling during second stage and when NOED activated it insta killed me. There has been a lot of insta killing on second hook going on and I’d appreciate it if this can be looked at and reworked so maybe you don’t have to break your space bar or your A button to struggle. That might be the resolution people need to stop insta dying on struggle phase due to lag and whatever else. But NOED definitely was the reason this time. It’s a little ridiculous you have to practically break the button to keep yourself alive 😂 can we just hold it or push it once?

Comments

• kreeper124kreeper124 Member Posts: 436

Yeah there's a lot of issues with hooks. Any small lag spike when you're struggling like when a hex is revealed or anything else, the game registers that you stopped hitting the button and you die

• SurviveByDaylightSurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 653

Really? That kinda sucks. I was in the situation where a teammate went down while I was struggling. A 3rd teammate came to rescue me and was only a few feet away when I got insta killed on hook because the teammate went down and activated NOED. I was kind of upset because we put up a fight and I felt I was so close to escaping the exit gate was just right behind me 😭😭😭

• KwikwittedKwikwitted Member Posts: 609

Um, how is NOED responsible for this exactly?

NOED has no capacity to insta-kill anyone, in any circumstance, it doesn't have Mori capability.

As far as people dying on second hook as a glitch, that may be something for the devs to look into. Haven't seen it personally, but glitches aren't exactly foreign to this game.

Kwikwitted you’re coming off as rather aggressive in the nature of your post. I’m simply stating what happened and it seemed a little odd that as soon as NOED activated I was insta killed during 2nd stage. I hadn’t been lagging the whole game so it was oddly suspicious and easy to blame NOED. Look, My point is that struggle phases have not allowed me to actually struggle quite often. Whether it’s lag, the exact moments where hex totems were enabled, whatever. I am simply saying that the button mashing should be changed to pushing it once or holding it down. I’d much rather do that. It just has way more of a downside to it than an upside. I Can understand making you work harder to stay live being caught twice and all but I don’t think breaking your A button or space bar is the answer.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,440

Noed often causes a lag, like other insta-down effects, or Sloppy Butcher (Mangled status) or Franklin's (lose item) - there are so many perk effects that cause lags.

And yes, this lag can kill you on the hook while struggling.

It's not a Noed glitch, it's the usual lag problem which has been in the game for years.

edited March 27

Lag and glitches affect survivor experience way more than killer. Killers recover from missed attacks way too easy. Unless you’re deathslinger and you took a shot at somebody and missed 🤷‍♂️ Or you’re nurse and tried to use your ability at that exact moment and missed.

still, That’s really quite game changing. Especially for a game that’s still popular by 2020 we gotta have this figured out by now 😂 the fact that we can’t get dedicated servers on Xbox and every other game is a complete lag fest. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤨

• KwikwittedKwikwitted Member Posts: 609

Best overreaction ever. I asked a question spazmatic, calm your jimmies, they look a little rustled.

For the record I have no problem with them changing the struggle mechanic on hook in the slightest, hell you can play bejeweled while you're up there for all I care (do people even still play bejeweled? God I'm old)

Thank you, this answers my question, had absolutely no idea that insta-down effects or other effects caused this. That absolutely should be fixed and it's unfair for survivor to die on struggle hook just cause of a lag spike.

We're not on opposite sides here bud, but I think you have to understand that based on some of your post history, I wasn't sure if this wasn't some kind of poor "anti NOED" bait.

No it’s not anti NOED bait . I think people don’t mention survivor issues often in this forum . Lag has a lot to do with it when you’re playing a game where despite the amount of chances this game gives survivors it still doesn’t feel like enough 😰